PDA

View Full Version : Childress to be on NFL-USO coaches tour

Marrdro
06-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Childress to be on NFL-USO coaches tour (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/96289188.html)
Good thing this didn't conflict with mandatory camp work. ;)

On a side note, I like it when they do this for the troops.

slavinator
06-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Here is a snippet from the PFT article on the same article, this is Childress' thoughts.

"Since my son has enlisted in the Marine Corps, I have learned a new appreciation for the freedoms we all enjoy and take for granted," Childress said in a release issued by the league. "Our armed forces are the most highly-skilled, best-trained men and women in the world. Their character is on display on a daily basis because they're an all-volunteer force. We all owe them a debt of gratitude and this trip is a small way of saying thank you."

+1 for the Chiller!

Purple Floyd
06-15-2010, 07:25 PM
slavinator wrote:

Here is a snippet from the PFT article on the same article, this is Childress' thoughts.

"Since my son has enlisted in the Marine Corps, I have learned a new appreciation for the freedoms we all enjoy and take for granted," Childress said in a release issued by the league. "Our armed forces are the most highly-skilled, best-trained men and women in the world. Their character is on display on a daily basis because they're an all-volunteer force. We all owe them a debt of gratitude and this trip is a small way of saying thank you."

+1 for the Chiller!

It probably helped his resume when he dressed up like a woman last year.

AngloVike
06-17-2010, 04:57 AM
The four coaches will meet and greet members of the U.S. military for several days. The exact location to which the coaches will travel and the dates when they will be gone is not revealed for security reasons.

That'll be a first for Childress - someone not being able to guess sorry know what he's going to do next :woohoo: