PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Viking wants to tackle the job of Eagan's mayor

Zeus
06-04-2010, 08:57 AM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/95584434.html

Ex-Viking wants to tackle the job of Eagan's mayor

By JOY POWELL, Star Tribune
Last update: June 4, 2010 - 6:22 AM

Former Vikings star Joey Browner this week filed at the last minute to run against Eagan Mayor Mike Maguire in the November election -- but there are plenty of questions that surround Browner's bid.

Why is he running? Why has he never paid a judgment that the city won against him over a nuisance lawsuit? And how do you reach him?

On Tuesday, 10 minutes before the deadline for filing for candidacy, Browner submitted his latest candidacy papers. In 2008, Browner sued the city of Eagan, claiming that he missed a deadline to file for the city council race because of allegedly vague directions given about the filing dates.

I'll have to steal one of his campaign signs since I work in Eagan (stole one (post-election) from the side of a road back in 2008 from his write-in candidacy for the city council race).

=Z=

V4L
06-04-2010, 11:16 AM
HHAHAHA Z thats great

Purple Floyd
06-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Well, if it doesn't work out he can always move down here and take over for me in January.

Marrdro
06-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Judging by what some of my family (who still reside in MN) say, seems the good people of Egan could do worse.....

Anyway, I would vote for him. ;)