PDA

View Full Version : Biggest SB Disappointment: Vikings or Bills?

singersp
05-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Vikings or Bills? Who Is The Biggest All-Time Super Bowl Disappointment?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/398397-vikings-or-bills-who-is-the-biggest-all-time-super-bowl-dissapointment

Purple Floyd
05-29-2010, 09:31 AM
He didn't even include the NFC Championship losses of 75, 87 or 2000 in there to back his case. IMO we win that debate hands down.

gagarr
05-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Lord knows I'm more disappointed the Vikes haven't won a SB, then I am about the Bills even playing in the NFL.

ultravikingfan
05-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Why do we even post shit from that crap site?

Texas Viking
05-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Guess Iím bias, but with all the incredible talent weíve had over the years and still canít get a ring I have to say itís the Vikes. I do like the Vikings vs. Bills in a super bowl comment at the end of the article though, a 5th trip for both to see who comes out on top would rock.

scottishvike
05-30-2010, 06:21 PM
My point is, is that the Vikings had two seasons where they were the favorite of everybody to win the Super Bowl, despite not even making their appearance there (funny coincidence that in those two years the Vikings had the rookie of the year on their roster).

I stopped taking acid years ago, I think this guy should do the same.

raptorman
05-30-2010, 07:29 PM
First, this was written by a Packer fan who has picked the Packers to be one of his 6 teams to "explode". I would be more impressed if had been written by a Bills fan. As far as it being "Balanced", I have found very few Packer fans that can write anything balanced about the Vikings.

It's like saying who's a bigger disappointment, the Packers of the 70's or the Packers of the 80's.

gregair13
05-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Texas Viking wrote:

I do like the Vikings vs. Bills in a super bowl comment at the end of the article though, a 5th trip for both to see who comes out on top would rock.
The game would end in a tie.

Caine
05-31-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm going with the Bills.

Sure, we both lost 4 SB's, but they lost theirs all in a row...

Caine

AngloVike
06-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Caine wrote:

Caine
indeed one of the most consistent teams in the AFC to have done that. That has to be a real dagger in the heart of Bills fans..

i_bleed_purple
06-01-2010, 08:58 AM
I would think Bills.

VIkings have been constantly better and came up short, but the Bills coudl ahve gone down as one of, if not THE best team in the history of the game if they won even 1 of those superbowls. Now, nobody gives them any credit.

Rockmolder
06-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Caine wrote:

Caine

And the way it all started off makes it that much more agonizing. They came as close as they could get when Norwood kicked it wide right.

They left them broken and shattered that night. To go back 3 more times and lose all of them in a row must've been horrible.

Traveling_Vike
06-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Caine wrote:

Caine

Actually, I'd have to go the opposite direction for the same reason.

The Bills have really only had their one short but extremely potent stint, being essentially the same team during all four SB losses. The Vikings, on the other hand, have had their shots spread out over the years, and have repeatedly failed to get over that final hump. And if you want to lump in the more recent NFC Championship debacles, it looks even worse. Different teams, different decades, same result.

To my mind, that makes my beloved Vikings the greatest "failures" in all of NFL history.
So many golden opportunities wasted...

Marrdro
06-01-2010, 10:13 AM
First, I like to read "Bleacher Report" stuff. Although it isn't as proffesional as what the sports hacks put out, it is good to read what other fans think. Almost like reading posts on PPO, only without the Purple Shades spin on it.

Second, I don't think I've ever been "Disappointed" by the Vikes. Kindof a thin line, but I think I've been "Let Down" a few times, but only because I've probably put them up on a pedastal to many times and expected more out of them than I probably should have.

I bet most Bills fans would say the same.