PDA

View Full Version : Playing Saints 1st game a good thing???

kalamazooer10
04-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Hey,my 1st post! I was thinking about the Saints in the 1st game.Is it really our 1st choice to start the season? Let's face it, last season, the Saints offense was by far the best in the NFL. They'll be at home.The crowd will be pumped and Farve may not be back.
As far as Allen and the rest of the DL wanting to put some "remember me" hits on Brees, why didn't they didn't do it the last time? Maybe our DL isn't as good as we have been led to believe.Dunno.Just my thoughts.

i_bleed_purple
04-22-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm not overly worried about it. I don't think we'll be pressured like we were last game. Last time was the playoffs, do or die for the saints, and they were in do mode. I don't see Favre getting pummeled this game like he did last.

Having said that, its no walk in the park though. A win in week 1 is a great way to start the season fired up.

gregair13
04-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Yes it is a good idea so the fraud Saints can start 0-1 and we can break Brees's back, ending his season and the Saints chances to ever be a good team again.

Zeus
04-22-2010, 10:24 AM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

I'm not overly worried about it. I don't think we'll be pressured like we were last game. Last time was the playoffs, do or die for the saints, and they were in do mode. I don't see Favre getting pummeled this game like he did last.

Having said that, its no walk in the park though. A win in week 1 is a great way to start the season fired up.

I want Favre and the Vikings to pull a "The Longest Yard" on the first couple of plays and let a couple of Saints through the line untouched and have Brett nail them square between the eyes with a fastball.

=Z=

NodakPaul
04-22-2010, 10:25 AM
gregair13 wrote:

Yes it is a good idea so the fraud Saints can start 0-1 and we can break Brees's back, ending his season and the Saints chances to ever be a good team again.

Bad karma.

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of "remember me" hits put on Brees - but I don't want to take it to an extreme. :)

Zeus
04-22-2010, 10:27 AM
NodakPaul wrote:

gregair13 wrote:

Bad karma.

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of "remember me" hits put on Brees - but I don't want to take it to an extreme. :)

If you believe in Karma, then the Saints will get theirs without the Vikings needing to try, based upon the NFC Championship stuff.

=Z=

kalamazooer10
04-22-2010, 10:39 AM
I guess I need a good shot of homerism because nothing I have seen from New Orleans makes me think it'll be an easy win. What if it's a T-Jack standing under center for the Viks?Then, we're 0-1.

C Mac D
04-22-2010, 10:43 AM
kalamazooer10 wrote:

I guess I need a good shot of homerism because nothing I have seen from New Orleans makes me think it'll be an easy win. What if it's a T-Jack standing under center for the Viks?Then, we're 0-1.

Jackson would mop the floor with the Saints.

tastywaves
04-22-2010, 10:48 AM
No such thing as a bad matchup in week 1.

NO has a lot more to lose in this game than the Vikes. If we go in and mop up the place with the Saints, they will be labeled as a one year wonder and struggle to get their swagger going. If we lose, we lose to the SB winners at their place in week one. Just a measuring stick for us, nothing more.

I'm glad we're starting out the season in style.

Purple_Jesus
04-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Well, Brees is going to be on the cover of Madden 11, and our DL is pissed.

My money is on Brees gets both of his legs broken, forced to retire, and JA walks over to Gregg Williams and spits on him after the game.

whackthepack
04-22-2010, 01:47 PM
I think our O-line needs to get some retribution and get some of their self-respect back by smacking around a few of the Saints D-lineman. Our D-line needs to show up and make Brees pay all game for his teams cheap ass play last year.

midgensa
04-22-2010, 01:58 PM
I am very stoked about this game.

They simply did not look like they could stop us ... and if we don't stop ourselves we could be opening the season with a huge statement road win.

Favre will be there. He definitely would not come back after week 1 ... so he will be there or we would have moved on.

And Adrian LOVES to start the season in style. I am really looking forward to this one.

Mr Anderson
04-22-2010, 02:07 PM
It's a great thing.

We've had 2-3 months already to stew in our anger/disappointment about that game. They went on to win the Super Bowl. They're a bunch of cheap shotting, cocky bastards. They won't take us lightly, but they won't approach us with the same intensity we're gonna come at them with.

We kicked their ass up and down the field in the NFCCG, we just kicked our own a little worse and had the officials put the nail in the coffin in OT.

We know we can beat them. We did beat them.

We will get retribution. We're gonna come out on September 9th and embarrass them in front of a their home crowd. I'm never optimistic with this team, but after the NFC Championship Game, I feel we cannot lose to New Orleans.

ChezPizmo
04-22-2010, 03:38 PM
First of all, welcome to the site! It's the best you're going to find for fans of the Vikings, for sure.

But I think it's a good thing. Just for the fact that it'll be a good game. Nothing like starting the season off with a big game people will be talking about and focusing on. Plus, who wouldn't wanna see a little of retribution?

Prophet
04-22-2010, 03:50 PM
How could it not be? The Saints were gifted the NFCCG. Fuck the Saints.

idahovikefan7
04-22-2010, 03:58 PM
I think it's great! I hope the game goes into OT again and we get the ball this time and shove it down thier throats with a first play TD.

Freya
04-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Prophet wrote:

How could it not be? The Saints were gifted the NFCCG. Fuck the Saints.

+ Brilliant