PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NFL Schedule To Be Released 4/20

NodakPaul
04-14-2010, 02:02 PM
http://blog.vikings.com/2010/04/14/2010-nfl-schedule-to-be-released-on-tuesday-at-6-p-m-cst/

The NFL announced today that the 2010 NFL schedule will be released exclusively on NFL Network, NFL.com, and most importantly to Vikings fans vikings.com (and other team websites) on Tuesday, April 20 at 6 p.m. CST.

ejmat
04-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the info my good friend. I need to get ready to order my plane tickets to NO.

NodakPaul
04-14-2010, 03:02 PM
I will be watching for leaks for the next 7 days. I love the schedule release - lets me start planning out my season... need to schedule the annual company trip for the home opener, figure out who I am taking to what game, set up hotels, etc...

Dekay
04-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Yes, I think the schedule release is as fun as the draft... eh well almost anyways.

I might conjure up a roadtrip from San Francisco to Minneapolis if everything plays out with the schedule.

gregair13
04-15-2010, 12:43 AM
About bloody time. I love schedule release day. Then we can start to make predictions and start to figure out our season; how it will all be played out. If the draft is Christmas, I would say this day is like New Years.

12purplepride28
04-20-2010, 10:23 AM
What time is it out tonight?

NodakPaul
04-20-2010, 10:49 AM
12purplepride28 wrote:

What time is it out tonight?

6 pm Central time.

Bubba Jed
04-20-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't know if y'all saw it yet or not, but Goodell is saying that week 17 is going to be mostly divisional games. This way y'all can expect some rival games late in the season.

NodakPaul
04-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Bubba Jed wrote:

I don't know if y'all saw it yet or not, but Goodell is saying that week 17 is going to be mostly divisional games. This way y'all can expect some rival games late in the season.

I heard that too... don't know what I think about it. I honestly think week 17 would better as one of the standing based matchups (Two games - one home, one away - versus teams with the same divisional standing from the two non-rotational divisions in the teams conference).

This means that we would see a lot of #1s and #2s in their respective divisions playing each other, and that would make for a lot of wild card battles.

JMHO

VikingMike
04-20-2010, 02:24 PM
NodakPaul wrote:

Bubba Jed wrote:

I heard that too... don't know what I think about it. I honestly think week 17 would better as one of the standing based matchups (Two games - one home, one away - versus teams with the same divisional standing from the two non-rotational divisions in the teams conference).

This means that we would see a lot of #1s and #2s in their respective divisions playing each other, and that would make for a lot of wild card battles.

JMHO

And Schefter just confirmed we will open v. the Saints in NO...cool.

Voodoo Man
04-20-2010, 02:33 PM
http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/855#alert

Hello Mr. Goodell. How are you today? Now to my real question;who will the New Orleans Saints play in the regular season opener? Commissioner Roger Goodell, NFL.com
Tim, I'm doing well. I know I will get in trouble from our scheduling makers for releasing this in advance, but the Saints will be hosting the Minnesota Vikings for our Kickoff game. It should be a great celebration in a great city.

jmcdon00
04-20-2010, 02:35 PM
NodakPaul wrote:

Bubba Jed wrote:

JMHO
I don't like it. Often times week 17 games are meaningless. I would hate to see the Packers Vikings face off in week 17 only to have the Vikings resting all of there starters.

mnjamie
04-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Confirmed:

"Goodell confirms Vikings-Saints will open season
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 20, 2010 2:22 PM ET
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has confirmed what everyone suspected: The first game of the 2010 regular season will be the Minnesota Vikings at the New Orleans Saints.

"I know I will get in trouble from our scheduling makers for releasing this in advance," Goodell wrote in a live chat at NFL.com, ignoring the fact that he is the ultimate schedule maker, "but the Saints will be hosting the Minnesota Vikings for our Kickoff game. It should be a great celebration in a great city."

The game will take place on Thursday, September 9, and be shown on NBC.

The only question now is whether Brett Favre will be under center for the Vikings. We'll find that out in about four months."

~ProFootballTalk.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

NodakPaul
04-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Voodoo Man wrote:

Hello Mr. Goodell. How are you today? Now to my real question;who will the New Orleans Saints play in the regular season opener? Commissioner Roger Goodell, NFL.com
Tim, I'm doing well. I know I will get in trouble from our scheduling makers for releasing this in advance, but the Saints will be hosting the Minnesota Vikings for our Kickoff game. It should be a great celebration in a great city.

Awesome!

Great way to start the season!

PackSux!
04-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Voodoo Man wrote:

Goodell needs to be fined for leaking information. :blink:

Mr Anderson
04-20-2010, 02:47 PM
I can't fucking wait for the opener.

NodakPaul
04-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

Hell yeah!

FuadFan
04-20-2010, 02:58 PM
jmcdon00 wrote:

NodakPaul wrote:

Bubba Jed wrote:

JMHO
I don't like it. Often times week 17 games are meaningless. I would hate to see the Packers Vikings face off in week 17 only to have the Vikings resting all of there starters.

I don't think with as high of ratings as those Packer Vikings games got that they will wait that long and risk a meaningless game I assume we get the Bears or Lions for that game.

Vikings at Saints the wait will be brutal.

jmcdon00
04-20-2010, 03:10 PM
NodakPaul wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

Hell yeah!
It's kinda bitter sweet. We're gonna see alot of replays from the nfc chamionship. Even if we kick their butts this time around they are still going to have superbowl rings and we wont.
From a pure football standpoint it should be a great game.

NodakPaul
04-20-2010, 03:13 PM
jmcdon00 wrote:

NodakPaul wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

Hell yeah!
It's kinda bitter sweet. We're gonna see alot of replays from the nfc chamionship. Even if we kick their butts this time around they are still going to have superbowl rings and we wont.
From a pure football standpoint it should be a great game.

Yeah, we (and the Vikings) will have to sit through their opening ceremony where they unveil the Lombardi Trophy and keep thinking about how it should have been us.

And then the Vikings will go out and kill them. I bet a lot of people are going to remember the "remember me" hits comments...

SharperImage
04-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Vikings vs Saints better be the opening! I cant wait for us vs was so i can go see it.

FACK THE SAINTS. Draft CLAUSEN!

SharperImage
04-20-2010, 03:29 PM
sorry for the double post but

@JuddZulgad NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell confirms Vikings-Saints will play in season opener on Sept. 9. #stribvikes

Hell yeah.

Voodoo Man
04-20-2010, 03:42 PM
THIS GAME WILL BE CRAZY!!!!!!

if any of you are headed down for the game I would suggest set your hotel room up within the next 48 hours. Many hotels had already been booked up by locals no matter if they are going to the game. They just want to be around the Dome.

AngloVike
04-20-2010, 04:04 PM
So that's all the european based PPO members booking the Friday off work :laugh: Late night Thursday night for us all :woohoo:

FuadFan
04-20-2010, 04:16 PM
http://twitter.com/JuddZulgad

Sounds like there is a good chance Vikings will play at Jets on Thanksgiving night on NFL Network. Favre vs. Jets.

Just rumored but playing on Thanksgiving another Thursday game.

gregair13
04-20-2010, 06:42 PM
20 minutes from all of this being official.

NodakPaul
04-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Minnesota will host the Giants on 12/12

ejmat
04-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Voodoo Man wrote:

THIS GAME WILL BE CRAZY!!!!!!

if any of you are headed down for the game I would suggest set your hotel room up within the next 48 hours. Many hotels had already been booked up by locals no matter if they are going to the game. They just want to be around the Dome.

Sir, I will see you there my friend. I can't wait!!!!!!

NodakPaul
04-20-2010, 07:01 PM
ITS OUT@!!!

http://www.vikings.com/schedule/2010-interactive-schedule.html

Tad7
04-20-2010, 07:02 PM
edit: wow that was quick Paul lol

Early bye week!

gregair13
04-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Do not like early bye week.

NodakPaul
04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Thu Sept 9 @Saints
Sun Sep 19 Dolphins
Sun Sep 26 Lions
BYE
Mon Oct 11 @Jets
Sun Oct 17 Cowboys
Sun Oct 24 @Packers
Sun Oct 31 @Patriots

Sun Nov 7 Cardinals
Sun Nov 14 @Bears
Sun Nov 21 Packers
Sun Nov 28 @Redskins

Sun Dec 5 Bills
Sun Dec 12 Giants
Mon Dec 20 Bears
Sun Dec 26 @Eagles

Sun Jan 2 @Lions

NodakPaul
04-20-2010, 07:07 PM
4 prime time games including the SNF against the Packers.

JerBearLuvsDaVikes
04-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Would be nice going into the BYE 3-0. With that said, I would've liked a later BYE week like last year. Doesn't help to have it right away if you ask me.

NodakPaul
04-20-2010, 07:11 PM
First Thoughts

1) Like the extra time between weeks 1 and 2
2) Like the three gram home stretch in Dec
3) Don't like the early bye
4) Don't like 2 MNF games/short weeks, but at least they are spread out.
5) Like the fact that we dont' have a 3 week road stand like last year.

gregair13
04-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Week 5-8 is so tough. The four toughest teams all in a row, with 3 of them on the road. Ouchies.

kevoncox
04-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Anyone going to the Redskins Game? I'll be there in all my glory.

SharperImage
04-20-2010, 07:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/interactive?icampaign=schedrelease_hpstrip#/week=1

geez weeks 5-8 is not fair.

SharperImage
04-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Yeah Ill be at the skins game.

NodakPaul
04-20-2010, 07:21 PM
gregair13 wrote:

Week 5-8 is so tough. The four toughest teams all in a row, with 3 of them on the road. Ouchies.

No kidding. Oct is going to be rough.

Rockmolder
04-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Just 1 cold weather game in the last 5 games. The time when it really gets chilly. Favre!

gregair13
04-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Also ending twice on the road is tough.

Packers have to go to Patriots in December, so that will be tough for them, but we have to go to Eagles, so just as tough in week 16.

We could start this season 2-1, then 2-2, putting us at 4-3. then we should be able to rattle off 4 or 5 in a row, putting us at a nice 9-3 with bears and lions still left... So I would say 11 wins sounds pretty nice.

Mr Anderson
04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Of course we're on the road for 3 of our 4 primetime games, it wouldn't be fair for us to be home for half/away for half.

Week 4 bye sucks.

I like that we get our tougher division opponents out of the way during an 8 week period.

We're gonna have a rough start. But it looks like we should be able to get some rest at the end of the season. And the eagles should be a good week 15 test going into the post season.

VikingMike
04-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Anyone going to the Monday night game vs the Jets?

Mr Anderson
04-20-2010, 07:48 PM
VikingMike wrote:

I am gonna get there by any means necessary.

VikingMike
04-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

VikingMike wrote:

I am gonna get there by any means necessary.

Me too...and I have a source who promised me tickets. He better not renege.

idahovikefan7
04-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Looks like the pops and I will be attending the Dolphin and Lion games. Back to back home games and early in the season calls for good driving weather :)

jmcdon00
04-20-2010, 07:59 PM
The Packers have a week 10 bye, before coming to Minnesota. I don't like that.

Freya
04-20-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm happy about the early bye. I feel strongly that going into the playoffs with momentum is of greater importance than taking a later bye and risking loss of momentum. These guys should be able to play football EVERY week for 17 weeks and if they can't then they need to stop trying to run with the big dogs and go home.
It's a good schedule. Should be an exciting year!

Mr Anderson
04-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Dare I go to Philly the day after Christmas?

I think so.

Mr Anderson
04-20-2010, 08:34 PM
I might even wear a Santa hat... I don't think they'll be able to resist throwing snowballs at me.

ConnecticutViking
04-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Everyone is talking about weeks 5-9, but followed by the Cards, At the Bears, and Pack makes a very tough run through weeks 5-12. Psyched about the east coast games, looks like I will be at the Jets, Philly, and Pats!

ConnecticutViking
04-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Everyone is talking about weeks 5-9, but followed by the Cards, At the Bears, and Pack makes a very tough run through weeks 5-12. Psyched about the east coast games, looks like I will be at the Jets, Philly, and Pats!

Zeus
04-20-2010, 10:49 PM
My quick thoughts:

I like being home 2 consecutive weeks (Week 2 & 3) before the Bye. We're going to rock the Dome (my prediction is that is when we'll see Dekay this season!)

The Week 6 game against the Cowboys is a 3:15 start. That makes it the featured game of the weekend on FOX. Figures, since it's the Cowboys. Almost all of the country will see that one. As a follow-up to the MNF game, it's nice to be home on the short week.

Vikings-Patriots is also a 3:15 start, so it's another national game for FOX. That makes it 4 weeks in a row following the BYE that almost all Vikings fans will be able to see the team play.

I love the 3 consecutive home games in Weeks 13-15. Good matchups in those, too. The MNF game in Week 15 is on my birthday! That's going to be a helluva present, kicking the crap outta the Bears!

Not too excited to finish with 2 road games, but at least Week 17 is against the Lions if the Vikings need a W there for playoff position.

All-in-all, the kind of schedule I expected for a defending Division Champ.

Can't wait!

=Z=

vikinggreg
04-20-2010, 10:57 PM
No games west of the Metrodome.....or Mall Dome or whatever it is now :blink:

Bye week is early, not grampa friendly

i_bleed_purple
04-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Thu Sept 9 @Saints 31-24W (thats right, we come and show them who should have won
Sun Sep 19 Dolphins W 24-13(not a tough game)
Sun Sep 26 Lions W 28-27(much closer than anybody would have expected
BYE
Mon Oct 11 @Jets W 34-15 (We come out firing after bye week and Favre Smokes his old team)
Sun Oct 17 Cowboys L 27-20 (Cowboys get us the second time around)
Sun Oct 24 @Packers W 34-31 (Score sound familiar? Favre makes it 4-0 against previous teams (Falcons not included))
Sun Oct 31 @Patriots L (Brady is on a sugar high and passes for 5 td's)

Sun Nov 7 Cardinals W 17-10(Leinart struggles, their run game strugles, but we struggle)
Sun Nov 14 @Bears L 24-23 (We lose on a last second field goal)
Sun Nov 21 Packers W 27-24 (Favre again makes it 5-0, but we almost give it up at the end)
Sun Nov 28 @Redskins W 41-7 (McNabb is hurt by this point, Favre proves everyone that he doesn't mind the cold by tossing 4 TD's and 300+ yards, Peterson grabs one more to make it 5 total)

Sun Dec 5 Bills W 27-14 (whats to say, its the bills)
Sun Dec 12 Giants L 24-21 (Giants surprise everyone this year and are contending for the division
Mon Dec 20 Bears W 28-16 (Cutler throws three picks in the first half and is benched by the start of the fourth)
Sun Dec 26 @Eagles L 19-13 (Favre doesn't have as much luck in the cold this time around)
Sun Jan 2 @Lions W 37-12 (We stomp the Lions to finish off the season on a high note)

11-5 But seriously, This looks tough, I could honestly see us going anywhere from 8-8 to 15-1. It all depends on how the team comes out for that week 5-8 stretch. 2-2 would be a fine way to get through that.

marstc09
04-21-2010, 12:38 AM
No games on the west coast but we already knew that. Sucks for me.

I probably will only make 1 game this year. The home opener. No Dec games for me. Too cold. Probably won't do Nov. Too cold. I'll be too busy laying in the sunshine. Might do more but who knows.

gregair13
04-21-2010, 01:31 AM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

11-5 But seriously, This looks tough, I could honestly see us going anywhere from 8-8 to 15-1. It all depends on how the team comes out for that week 5-8 stretch. 2-2 would be a fine way to get through that.

I think it is 11 wins if we are lucky. 10 wins might be enough to take the division this year and home field is not coming from out division or the cowboys division because of the competitive teams in the divisions as well as who they play from the AFC.

The four AFC teams have done nothing but improve (maybe not the Pats, but they still are tough since we have to go there) in the off season. Jets are loaded for a run at home field, Miami is better, Bills are still lolable.

We play the toughest division in the NFC and we get the toughest team, the Cowboys, after having to go on the road and play the smash mouth Jets. I think if we are around .500 around week 12 when we travel to Washington, we have real hope at winning the division.

jmcdon00
04-21-2010, 01:58 AM
The home games don't look too difficult. Packers, Cowboys and Cards are good but I think we will do no worse than 6-2 at home.
The road games are really tough. Outside the Lions every other game is going to be really tough. I think most expect the Bears and Redskins to be better this year. The best I can hope for is 5-3 probably 4-4 though.

Mark_The_Viking
04-21-2010, 02:56 AM
Going to try and make the Redskins game in November. Anyone else going to that one?

ndnorseman
04-21-2010, 05:30 AM
NodakPaul wrote:

Thu Sept 9 @Saints - W - Primetime vindication with a blowout win!
Sun Sep 19 Dolphins - W - I'm glad this is a home game
Sun Sep 26 Lions - W - They'll already be wishing for the end of the season
BYE
Mon Oct 11 @Jets - L - I think they'll own the best record in the AFC
Sun Oct 17 Cowboys - W - Romo is starting to HATE playing here
Sun Oct 24 @Packers - W - A close one
Sun Oct 31 @Patriots - W - Another close one

Sun Nov 7 Cardinals - W - Warner's absence is felt
Sun Nov 14 @Bears - W - Yet another close one
Sun Nov 21 Packers - W - Destrrrrooooyyyyy!!!
Sun Nov 28 @Redskins - W - McNabb wishes he was back in Philly

Sun Dec 5 Bills - W - This is an old-fashioned ass-kicking
Sun Dec 12 Giants - W - We OWN them in the Metrodome
Mon Dec 20 Bears - W - Cutler's on the bench
Sun Dec 26 @Eagles - L - An ugly game with lots of turnovers by both teams

Sun Jan 2 @Lions - W - Our back-ups get reps against the improving 6-10 Lions

14-2, baby! This is, of course, going with the 2-game improvement over each year. LOL I like our home schedule too much to see any losses, based on talent match-ups alone...but yeah, "any given Sunday", and all that. As for the away games, I think we got VERY lucky with where they fell in the season, considering we have a significant amount of them in cold climate stadiums. Favre could struggle mightily in Philly in late December. Where the Jets are concerned, I honestly think they'll be the AFC front-runner to contend in February.

ejmat
04-21-2010, 08:03 AM
NodakPaul wrote:

Thu Sept 9 @Saints
Sun Sep 19 Dolphins
Sun Sep 26 Lions
BYE
Mon Oct 11 @Jets
Sun Oct 17 Cowboys
Sun Oct 24 @Packers
Sun Oct 31 @Patriots

Sun Nov 7 Cardinals
Sun Nov 14 @Bears
Sun Nov 21 Packers
Sun Nov 28 @Redskins

Sun Dec 5 Bills
Sun Dec 12 Giants
Mon Dec 20 Bears
Sun Dec 26 @Eagles

Sun Jan 2 @Lions

You missed some :)

Sun Jan 9 Wild Card Playoffs Bye
Sun Jan 16 Divisional Playoffs TBD
Sun Jan 23 NFCCG TBD
Sun Feb 6 Superbowl TBD

Marrdro
04-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Thu Sept 9 @Saints
Sun Sep 19 Dolphins
Sun Sep 26 Lions
BYE
Mon Oct 11 @Jets
Sun Oct 17 Cowboys
Sun Oct 24 @Packers
Sun Oct 31 @Patriots

Sun Nov 7 Cardinals
Sun Nov 14 @Bears
Sun Nov 21 Packers
Sun Nov 28 @Redskins

Sun Dec 5 Bills
Sun Dec 12 Giants
Mon Dec 20 Bears
Sun Dec 26 @Eagles

Sun Jan 2 @Lions
Couple of thoughts.

Way to early for the bye. This team typically starts slow under the Chiller. They need to get at it and stay at it for a bit longer for my taste. On the flip side, it does give them a early chance to revisit what might be wrong but won't give the players a chance to heal a bit if they had the bye mid to late in the season.

Only one outdoor game in December. Noodle has to love that.

We should know were we are gonna stand with respect to winning the division by Oct 31 (Patriots). Taking out the Lions and Phins, that is a murders row of teams to beat.

I was a bit worried we would see more Mon night games. Absolutely hate those short weeks and how they mess with the teams routine/schedule.

On a side note......Wonder if the Noodle is happy about facing the Aints pressure that early. Dude is gonna have bruises from that one all year long. ;)