PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, Oakland is in GREAT shape.....

LosAngelis
02-26-2005, 09:08 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2000108

The Oakland Raiders didn't surprise anyone by placing the franchise tag on cornerback Charles Woodson, but what happened Friday caught them completely off guard.

Woodson signed his one-year, $10.5 million franchise tender, which creates major cap problems for the Raiders. The Raiders are $15.7 million over the $85.5 million salary cap, not counting the Jerry Porter contract and the future acquisition of wide receiver Randy Moss, who has a $7.25 million salary.

How does this bode for the 32nd ranked rushing attack and the 30th ranked defense???

I don't think Mr. Moss will be winning his ring in the black hole, either.

TheAnimal93
02-26-2005, 09:12 AM
good morn los
well if woodson already signed....are they letting go about half the squad and signing some guys off the street?

DemonicViking
02-26-2005, 09:49 AM
It is rather mind boggling.. if he wasn't completely satisfied being here then how much different is it gonna be playing for a struggling team.. who may only be a win or two better than last year.

ultravikingfan
02-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Maybe the Moss trade is just a hoax?

VKG4LFE
02-26-2005, 10:16 AM
They were talking on ESPN this morning that Woodson might have signed because there could be a trade in the works. They said he signed quickly so there might be something up.

DemonicViking
02-26-2005, 10:20 AM
So.. he doesn't want to be traded therefore he would have no interest in coming here I gather? Æ’uck him then.

VKG4LFE
02-26-2005, 10:21 AM
No, I think he wants to be traded, so he signed so he could be part of a sign and trade deal. At least that is what my understanding of it was.

coreyd
02-26-2005, 10:22 AM
Well, I wouldnt mind watching him in a Vikings jersey, but he is getting pretty old....

VKG4LFE
02-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Isn't he only a year older than Moss?

vikez06
02-26-2005, 10:26 AM
him and moss both were up for the heisman in 97

DemonicViking
02-26-2005, 10:29 AM
Ok.. I was gonna say.. since he isn't happy there I figured he'd want out. But I got the impression reading that.. that with Moss heading there maybe he had a change of heart..

He and Moss were drafted in '98.. Woodson is a year older than him.

ultravikingfan
02-26-2005, 11:36 AM
"coreyd" wrote:

Well, I wouldnt mind watching him in a Vikings jersey, but he is getting pretty old....

Old? Why do people always just assume a player is old.

Woodson is 28.
Moss is 28

Woodson is 4 months older than Moss.

Good thing we traded Moss, he sure is old! :lol:

sdvikefan
02-26-2005, 11:49 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"coreyd" wrote:

Woodson is 28.
Moss is 28

Exactly...28 is not even close to old for either position.

sdvikefan
02-26-2005, 11:58 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/02/26/SPG54BHHIP1.DTL

Apparently the Raiders think they can make it work, restructuring the contracts of a lot of players including Moss so they don't have to trade Woodson even with his guaranteed salary. I guess with Moss they are going to restructure it so most or all is bonus money and not nearly as much would count against the cap.

But by the same token they are willing to hear trade talks for him and said they expect a trade, so who knows what they are going to do.

ADubya26
02-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Well I guess that shows a stark difference between Al Davis and Red McCombs. Davis thinks he can work things out and bring in the best WR in the NFL when his team is 16 mil OVER the cap. Red does hardly nothing when we are 30 mil UNDER the cap.

cajunvike
02-26-2005, 12:16 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2000108

The Oakland Raiders didn't surprise anyone by placing the franchise tag on cornerback Charles Woodson, but what happened Friday caught them completely off guard.

Woodson signed his one-year, $10.5 million franchise tender, which creates major cap problems for the Raiders. The Raiders are $15.7 million over the $85.5 million salary cap, not counting the Jerry Porter contract and the future acquisition of wide receiver Randy Moss, who has a $7.25 million salary.

How does this bode for the 32nd ranked rushing attack and the 30th ranked defense???

I don't think Mr. Moss will be winning his ring in the black hole, either.

Al Davis: Showing much love to the Black Hole

Red McCombs: Getting much love in his Brown Hole

ajefx
02-26-2005, 12:16 PM
they've already restructed with Gannon to save $7.35 million, and now are "only" $10.9 M over the cap.

TheAnimal93
02-26-2005, 12:19 PM
red has a brown hole?
i thought HE WAS a brown hole!!!!!!!

DemonicViking
02-26-2005, 12:37 PM
What's the hole point here in disgussing someone's crusty starfish..?

cajunvike
02-26-2005, 12:40 PM
I was only discussing Red's proclivities...not his anatomy!

ultravikingfan
02-26-2005, 01:39 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

I was only discussing Red's proclivities...not his anatomy!

Jeez, quit using such big words! I never made it past 4th grade! :lol:

grpape
02-26-2005, 01:48 PM
I think the Raiders are going to dump their whole defense, except Cwood, and pick up Brock and his boys from WWF (I think, I don't watch wrestling). Think about it, Grave Digger as the Mike LB. The Hulkster roaming around the backfield (raising his hand to his ear after every hit). Hey, it could happen in the wack-world of the silver and black. Heck, they should pick up some of their crazy fans for D.

snowinapril
02-26-2005, 01:50 PM
I think that we could get Porter by throwing in a RB.

They need D just as bad as we do. They were not a tight knit group last year by any means. The Raiders D was arguing with each other during the game, on the field. Lots of finger pointing.

Cap is a BS thing anyway there are apparently ways around it if the owners want to spend.

Red didn't want to spend. He wanted to make the Vikings the lowest paid team to help out the new owner and make the team look attractive on the books.

briboy75
02-26-2005, 03:13 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"coreyd" wrote:

Woodson is 28.
Moss is 28

no moss won't be old for 4 months :)

DemonicViking
02-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Receivers aren't considered old until they reach 30.. so he has a few more good years left in him :lol:

zakvikes2k
02-26-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm starting to believe the Vikings got the best end of the deal. We have so much cap space, that even spending a 4th of it would help the team significantly. Harris is a good ball player and we have 2 1st round picks where I can guarantee we pick up Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams as well as a good safety or Antrel Rolle. We are looking good guys, so expect good things to happen.

LosAngelis
02-26-2005, 05:21 PM
:blob:

<--doing "I told you so" dance.

fourdoorchevelle
02-26-2005, 09:28 PM
"ADubya26" wrote:

Well I guess that shows a stark difference between Al Davis and Red McCombs. Davis thinks he can work things out and bring in the best WR in the NFL when his team is 16 mil OVER the cap. Red does hardly nothing when we are 30 mil UNDER the cap.
imagine what we could do if we were fa players . with some good defence signings nothing could stop us

ultravikingfan
02-26-2005, 10:09 PM
"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

imagine what we could do if we were fa players . with some good defence signings nothing could stop us

We as in the members of PurplePride? :lol: I get to be QB! :lol:

DemonicViking
02-26-2005, 10:10 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

OMG they do exist

*refering to the M&M's commercial*

DemonicViking
02-26-2005, 10:13 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

You are the QB.. in NFL Street 2 that is.. no wait.. I got you at WR.. Shock is an OL, and Cajun at HB..

Mr Anderson
02-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Does anyone know if were resigning wiggins?

If so, Is Jimmy K playing FB?

cajunvike
02-27-2005, 01:04 AM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

You are the QB.. in NFL Street 2 that is.. no wait.. I got you at WR.. Shock is an OL, and Cajun at HB..

Yeah...now you talkin'!!! Run me off tackle and watch me take it to the house!!!

Did I tell you all about the time that I scored four touchdowns in one game for Polk High???

Actually, I was a DB when I played...and we did win state my senior year (wearing purple and gold, of course!) and that was the perfect ending to my football career!

ultravikingfan
02-27-2005, 01:23 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"DemonicViking" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

Yeah...now you talkin'!!! Run me off tackle and watch me take it to the house!!!

Did I tell you all about the time that I scored four touchdowns in one game for Polk High???

Actually, I was a DB when I played...and we did win state my senior year (wearing purple and gold, of course!) and that was the perfect ending to my football career!

Hey Cajun, I thought you were the HB? :lol:
http://www.bundypage.de/al065b.JPG

fourdoorchevelle
02-27-2005, 01:35 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"DemonicViking" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

so what am i ? can i bring you water during time outs?

fourdoorchevelle
02-27-2005, 01:36 AM
aren't you guys up a little late?

ItalianStallion
02-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Going back to the raiders...Woodson will get traded almost definitely, but to who?...

zakvikes2k
02-28-2005, 09:00 PM
We don't want Woodson. Too much money!

dopenose420
02-28-2005, 11:17 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

i've been telling my other vikings fan friends and other friends that we got the better deal, i'm just glad some people have taken a bit of time to look at the whole thing instead of just we lost randy moss.

zakvikes2k
03-01-2005, 01:24 AM
As long as we aren't stupid in the draft (and sign atleast a few free agents, a WR hopefully and a safety) we definitely got the best end of the deal. I believe the best solution is to pick up Mason at WR in free agency, possibly pick up Griffith again or draft Brandon Browner with the #18 pick and put him at safety, then draft Derrick Johnson with our #7 pick. Then pick up a free agent DT to be along side K-Williams and we'll be straight for next year.

cajunvike
03-01-2005, 01:27 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"DemonicViking" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Just call me Al Bundy, star HB for Polk High!!! :lol:

cajunvike
03-01-2005, 01:29 AM
A bit of trivia for you all: Ed O'Neill, the actor who played Al Bundy on "Married with Children" actually had a tryout with the Steelers way back when...but didn't make the team and went into acting instead.

snowinapril
03-01-2005, 02:45 AM
"Mr Anderson" wrote:

Does anyone know if were resigning wiggins?

If so, Is Jimmy K playing FB?

Wiggins ageant said they will test the FA to see what kind of deals are out there, since the Vikes didn't offer a long term contract. They were insulted apparently.

Oh well. The insulted like to run off for offers with other teams. Hopefully they will come back around.