PDA

View Full Version : Who Would Be A Good Fit At WR???

bleedn_purple
02-26-2005, 01:24 AM
The knee jerk reaction for me at first was to be angry and upset by the "hole" that Moss might leave but, after doing some thinking I do believe that it could be a really good deal for the Vikings. A good Linebacker and a lot of salery cap money freed up as well as the prospects of signing a consistent WR such as Mason makes me feel a little better. I do think that Mason would be a great fit because of his all around ability. He seems multi-diminsional even though he may not be a big play maker he shows several different ways of getting the ball. I also believe that the deal with Fowler is going to fall through. My biggest fear though is that whoever the new owner is they will want (quite rightly) a new stadium. We all know that Los Angeles is needing a new franchise and Tagliabue is wanting to give them one because of all the lost television revenue. Is anyone besides myself worried about this? :shock:

enlvikeman
02-26-2005, 05:50 AM
Moss was not going to be a Viking forever and we all knew this day was coming. We can never replace the guy but I think the team will be better overall. Alot of other team fans know that too but just won't admit it.

The Vikings will always be in Minnesota. The nfl would do whatever it takes to keep them in Minnesota.

DaScRuM
02-26-2005, 07:19 AM
Ummmm, I thought Tagliabue has come right out and said that Minnesota needs to build a stadium? Anyway, the Vikings will be in Minnesota through their dome lease (2011). BUT, it will probably take about 4 years to complete a new stadium----soooo, something should be in the works around 2007. If nothing is done, all bets are off. IMO, I would not be surprised to see the Vikings leave. I don't think we will see the 'roller coaster' ride like we have with the Twins------I believe it will be have a stadium in the works, or they will leave.

A Twins stadium should have been completed by the late 90's, and plans should be beginning for a new Viking stadium. Now, Minnesotans are looking at building 2 pro stadiums (and 1 college). It would be an absolute shame to see the Twins and/or the Vikings leave. That saying rings so loud and true, "you don't know what you have 'til it's gone".

ultravikingfan
02-26-2005, 08:56 AM
I don't think the Vikings are ever going to move, IMO. I can see the Saints however. (better not be the Vikes)

DemonicViking
02-26-2005, 09:02 AM
Let's hope not.. on the other hand.. seeing as we get caught in the wheel of misfortune most of the time.. I don't think it'd surprise me too much.

DemonicViking
02-26-2005, 09:04 AM
That Steve Miller song is playing on the radio.. take the money and run.. it reminds me of somebody.. can't remember his name though..

pavement
02-26-2005, 09:09 AM
i thought this was a post on wr's guess i was wrong

DemonicViking
02-26-2005, 09:16 AM
Ok, pavement, who would be a good acquisition in your opinion?

VKG4LFE
02-26-2005, 09:19 AM
Jerry Rice needs a job!

Withy07
02-26-2005, 09:47 AM
personally i think edwards or williams is a sure lock to be a star in the league and is a must take at the 7th. But again the D is bad so i wouldn't be surprised to see them wait until the other 1st rounder to take a guy like Mark Clayton or Troy Williamson.

VKG4LFE
02-26-2005, 09:48 AM
That's a good point withy. I didn't think of that, but I wouldn't mind having Clayton with the 18th pick and using the 7 pick to hopefully get a safety or DJ Johnson!

ultravikingfan
02-26-2005, 10:32 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Jerry Rice needs a job!

Here is his job:

http://capitalgardens.co.uk/acatalog/madison_rocking_chair.jpg

cajunvike
02-26-2005, 10:54 AM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

That Steve Miller song is playing on the radio.. take the money and run.. it reminds me of somebody.. can't remember his name though..

Scroll down to the bottom of the page after clicking this link:
http://www.purplepride.org/skol/viewtopic.php?t=7591&start=0

DemonicViking
02-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Ha.. that song reminded you of that cheap m'fer as well.

HarrisonB57
02-26-2005, 01:01 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Jerry Rice needs a job!

I don't think he would be bad at all. I don't think he could hurt our team and his leadership and work ethic would be good for our team.

snowinapril
02-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Muhammed is gone to the bears.

Mason or Edward would help out. I just hope that Robinson will give 100 percent this year and stay healthy too.

zakvikes2k
02-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Derrick Mason is the man for the job. A solid WR who has great hands and decent speed. Him along with Robinson and Burleson is a great tandem. Drafting Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards would be great as a 4th wideout in 4 man sets, that way they could mature. I hope that is what the Vikings do with all there money and draft picks.

mvikes84
03-01-2005, 08:32 PM
"Withy07" wrote:

personally i think edwards or williams is a sure lock to be a star in the league and is a must take at the 7th. But again the D is bad so i wouldn't be surprised to see them wait until the other 1st rounder to take a guy like Mark Clayton or Troy Williamson. They better use their 7th to replace Moss. I think Mike Williams is going to be a good one. From what I've seen, Braylon Edwards is overrated is not worth the 7th pick.

LosAngelis
03-01-2005, 08:37 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Jerry Rice needs a job!

Here is his job:

http://capitalgardens.co.uk/acatalog/madison_rocking_chair.jpg

Carpentry?

DemonicViking
03-01-2005, 08:41 PM
He just needs a pipe to go with it.

enlvikeman
03-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Jerry Rice in a Vikings jersey? Weird.

ChiTownVike
03-01-2005, 09:50 PM
PLAXICO WE NEED YOU PLEASE COME TO MINNESOTA PLEAASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

DefensivePlaymaker
03-01-2005, 10:08 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

Moss was not going to be a Viking forever and we all knew this day was coming. We can never replace the guy but I think the team will be better overall. Alot of other team fans know that too but just won't admit it.

The Vikings will always be in Minnesota. The nfl would do whatever it takes to keep them in Minnesota.

I like your pics of D.J., it's too bad he'll be gone when we pick at #7. The metrodome is great for speedy players, it'd be crazy how many plays he would make there!

BigEasyViking
03-01-2005, 10:26 PM
I personally hope that we pick up either plaxico burress or D. Mason in FA to replace Moss, and then use the 7th pick to draft a great young dback or LB. D.J would work for me!

zakvikes2k
03-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Anyone with good hands! That is the WR we need on this team and that includes Mason and Mason and Mason. The Vikings need to pick up Mason in Free Agency. It's that simple. Culpepper needs those hands to throw too. Moss was even dropping passes that went right to him this past year, so Mason would be perfect. Then we need to draft a taller WR, so Mason and Robinson could mentor him along with Burleson. That's the way we need to go.

Any objections?

coreyd
03-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Pull a WR with our 7th, and a D player with the 18th. Sign 2 key defensive players in the FA. Trade away Bennett and Smith and keep MM as our man. Whats the worse that could happen? Anyone besides me watch this freak play this year!? He is worth giving a shot thats for sure. I think were sitting pretty good right now. Hell, at least were not the Raiders (Cap & Draft). Sign that kicker in the second round (heehee), and use the rest of our draft for Defense.
GIT' ER DONE!!!!

cajunvike
03-02-2005, 11:43 AM
"coreyd" wrote:

Pull a WR with our 7th, and a D player with the 18th. Sign 2 key defensive players in the FA. Trade away Bennett and Smith and keep MM as our man. Whats the worse that could happen? Anyone besides me watch this freak play this year!? He is worth giving a shot thats for sure. I think were sitting pretty good right now. Hell, at least were not the Raiders (Cap & Draft). Sign that kicker in the second round (heehee), and use the rest of our draft for Defense.
GIT' ER DONE!!!!

Only trade away Bennett and Smith for Defense, though!

Only draft WR at #7 IF DJ is not still on the board!

V4L
03-02-2005, 12:26 PM
there u go caj. exactly what i think! a WR if DJ is NOT on the board.. DJ.. Nap.. and peirce would be awesome!

PurpleRide
03-02-2005, 12:34 PM
I do not want plaxico on this team, he is overrated. We should spend some cash on FA defensive players, draft williams at 7,pick-up a defensive player with the 18th. Then we would HAVE TO FIND A KICKER!. After that, fill in the holes on the D, Our offence is fine, mabye find back-ups for our line.

V4L
03-02-2005, 12:38 PM
i know we can put up points without moss or plax.. but plax would be a great pick up.. im kinda thinking if he doesnt sign with anyone after awhile we should go after him.. but main concern for me in D.. peirce and williams will help.. i still want another corner and saftey too tho.. those can be picked up in the FA or draft doesnt matter.. but plax is not overrated.. just underplayed... he was out alot this year and didnt put up bad numbers.. its like saying randy is underrated because he only put up about 800 yards.. steelers are heavy run.. and have a ton of options to pass to.. so plax of course wouldnt have the best numbers.. he does have 2 1000 yard years tho!

snowinapril
03-02-2005, 01:19 PM
I know we are out of the running for Mason but it would have been nice. Over the shoulder catches and across the middle. He's a good rcvr. Better than anyone on our roster after Moss is gone.

cajunvike
03-02-2005, 01:25 PM
PLAX!!! To stretch the field for Burley and the rest of the receivers...and to catch a few long bombs for TDs as well!!!

coreyd
03-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I am not a fan of Pl....whatever....but we do need another guy with speed. BUT, I do think Pl is overrated! BIGTIME!

Burley81
03-02-2005, 02:28 PM
I really wanted Mushin, but I have no problem with Plax. He is a good fit for the team, but if the NFL doesnt hurry up and aproove the sale, were screwed.

South Carolina Vikefan
03-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Hey troy williamson is a nate burleson type with randy moss speed. Go Cocks

DaunteHOF
03-02-2005, 07:03 PM
PLAX!

mvikes84
03-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Why not take a look at David Boston?

slowlow
03-10-2005, 09:36 PM
"mvikes84" wrote: