PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Linebackers

12purplepride28
03-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Is everyone happy with the depth we have there? I don't really know who would fill in if greenway or leber went down. I know Brinkley came in, and I don't think he was too bad for a rookie, I think he could be pretty good in this league, and he is a big hitter. And are the vikings happy with Leber? He always seemed like he was a little above average, but nothing great. He's definitely not a weakness on the team, but I was still wondering if we would look at getting him a good replacement within the next few years.

Freya
03-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I thought Brinkley did a pretty good job filling in for E.J.. However, I also think that E.J. was missed a great deal during the playoffs. Certainly with the double teams on JA and Edwards playing havoc on the other side, E.J. would have racked up some good hits. I feel that it was the one element missing that would have totally stopped the offense of both Dallas and NO.

I think the Vikings are happy with Leber and they should be. Same with Greenway. It is a strong unit that plays well together. Still, keeping an eye out for future replacements is always a good idea.

AngloVike
03-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Brinkley played well considering his lack of experience at the position. However it did highlight the need to have a more seasoned backup available -maybe we should have Greenway or Leber spend time at MLB as it might be easier to have a rookie/less experienced player fill in for them whilst they move to the MLB as cover.

gregair13
03-23-2010, 10:13 PM
I always want linebackers. Never can have enough of them. So the rest of this post is rather bias.

Linebacker needs to be drafted in the first two rounds and I think we need to sign one. There are still tons of LBs who have not been signed yet and I think we need someone to help Greenway. With the health of EJ still being in question and me not liking Leber, another two would be nice. Brinkley is a fantastic backup, but is not a player we want on the field for 40-50 plays a game.

Marrdro
03-24-2010, 12:14 PM
I wanted them to draft a backup to EJ before he went down the first time. Glad the FO pukes finally listened to me and got Jasper last year. I believe he is EJ's eventual replacement.

Chad is fine. He seems to fit our scheme pretty well now that he is almost a full up round NFL player. Kindof funny when I think about a select few on here who hated his ass and wanted him gone from the get go. They are strangley quiet after this year.

Leber. I like what he brings to the table as well although he does have some liabilities in this scheme with respect to covering TE's/RB's. I think he is better suited for a 3-4 defense were he would have the luxury of staying inside and playing the run/rushing the QB.

I think the Vikes will look to add a cat behind Ben this year, if for no other reason than to add some depth because none of the other youngsters (Erin/Farwell/Leman/Onatou) appear to be anything but ST's role players.

The good thing for us is this draft is deep with OLB'rs. In my current Mock, I only have Spoon, Kindle and Graham coming off the board and then I have 5 coming off in the second.

For me, that means if we don't look for a cat in the first or second, most teams that needed one should have filled thier need leaving some nice cats for us to pick from in the 3rd round or beyond.

One of the cats I like that should be available late 3rd is a cat named A.J. Edds. Kindof ironic when you look at who he is compared to in some of the value boards......

Analysis
Read & React: Recognizes play-action and misdirection and gets to the flat in a hurry to cover screens. Seems to run routes for tight ends and running backs. Very good reacting to the ball whether lined up at the nine-technique or in the stack.

Run defense: Gives little ground against linemen and tight end blocks on the edge. Keeps containment on his side of the field to make a tackle or funnel plays inside. Can punch and rip off consistently to make plays. Throws his shoulder into fullback in the hole but doesn't always anchor well. Chases plays across the field, taking good angles to the ball. Must use his hands consistently to protect his legs from cut blocks. Does not always break down in space and lacks the change-of-direction skills to compensate against elusive backs.

Pass defense: The former tight end is agile in coverage, and covers receivers and tight ends the flat very well. Can get deep or attack to the sideline. Runs with most tight ends down the seam and reads their eyes to turn and look for the ball. Reacts quickly to throws in his area. Able to knock passes away before or after the receiver gets his hands on the ball. Very good hands for the interception.

Tackling: Strong wrap-up tackler in the open field and around the line of scrimmage. His size and length means few missed tackles, as well as having the ability to chase down backs from behind. Brings hips to stop ballcarriers in a hurry when heads-up.

Pass Rush/Blitz: Stacks up tackles and tight ends on the edge, and will still come after the quarterback if sent or the signal caller is looking deep downfield. Will defeat running back blocks with his hands and strength. Won't miss the sack or quarterback hit once in position. Lacks great pass-rush moves or the speed to turn the corner against better tackles.

Intangibles: Major contributor since his redshirt freshman season and a leader on the defense the past two years -- by actions more than words. Solid character and weight-room work ethic.

NFL Comparison: Ben Leber, Chargers

CBS Sports Player Profile - AJ Edds (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1243684?tag=pageRow;pageContainer)

i_bleed_purple
03-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Marrdro wrote:

I wanted them to draft a backup to EJ before he went down the first time. Glad the FO pukes finally listened to me and got Jasper last year. I believe he is EJ's eventual replacement.

Finally listened to you?
We drafted Rufus Alexander, he got hurt.
We drafted Greenway to start
Not to mention we're always bringing in UDFAs to try out.

Although, I would like to draft another LB this year. I'm not sold on Brinkley yet. He's got some talent, but he's a liability in the passing game as I feared, I think another season as a backup could help him become even better.

If we had a shot at Weatherspoon, I'd love to grab him, move Leber to middle and start him on the outside. Problem is he plays WLB, which is what Greenway plays also, wonder how tricky the transition to Strongside will be for him.

Marrdro
03-24-2010, 12:51 PM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Finally listened to you?

Although, I would like to draft another LB this year. I'm not sold on Brinkley yet. He's got some talent, but he's a liability in the passing game as I feared, I think another season as a backup could help him become even better.

If we had a shot at Weatherspoon, I'd love to grab him, move Leber to middle and start him on the outside. Problem is he plays WLB, which is what Greenway plays also, wonder how tricky the transition to Strongside will be for him.
Comeon my friend, I am talking about a MLB, not some 7th round OLB (Rufus).

As to Jasper being a liability. I think I agree with you, if your saying that his flaws were related to inexperience and not talent. Cat can fly around the field now. Get him some more reps and he will be a anchor in the middle for years to come.

Problem is, depth behind him. Still think they should look at bringing in a 2nd tier Vet to help out cause I still don't think EJ is gonna be 100% this year.

I wouldn't move Chad at all. That would be kindof like breaking both positions.

i_bleed_purple
03-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Marrdro wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Finally listened to you?

6th round my friend. round 6 pick 2. Might I remind you he was was named to the All-Big 12 First Team, the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, and an AP and AFCA All-American.

He was though of as a potential sleeper pick, and he just never panned out. I can list a whole whack of 4th rounders who never panned out too.

If you discount "7th" round picks, then what about your pal Tahi? He was undrafted, didn't even make the Bengals squad.

As to Jasper being a liability. I think I agree with you, if your saying that his flaws were related to inexperience and not talent. Cat can fly around the field now. Get him some more reps and he will be a anchor in the middle for years to come. Thats exactly what I'm saying. I'm not comfortable yet with him starting full-time, but I like what I've seen, and he's still quite young and has time to develop into a decent linebacker.

I wasn't talking about moving Chad, I was talking about moving Weatherspoon. He played WLB in College, and Chad's our Will now, wonder what effect moving weatherspoon to slb would have. If we've learned anything from EJ, its that moving young LB's around really negatively affects their play.

tarkenton10
03-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Chad is fine. He seems to fit our scheme pretty well now that he is almost a full up round NFL player. Kindof funny when I think about a select few on here who hated his ass and wanted him gone from the get go. They are strangley quiet after this year.

Leber. I like what he brings to the table as well although he does have some liabilities in this scheme with respect to covering TE's/RB's. I think he is better suited for a 3-4 defense were he would have the luxury of staying inside and playing the run/rushing the QB.

I think the Vikes will look to add a cat behind Ben this year, if for no other reason than to add some depth because none of the other youngsters (Erin/Farwell/Leman/Onatou) appear to be anything but ST's role players.

The good thing for us is this draft is deep with OLB'rs. In my current Mock, I only have Spoon, Kindle and Graham coming off the board and then I have 5 coming off in the second.

For me, that means if we don't look for a cat in the first or second, most teams that needed one should have filled thier need leaving some nice cats for us to pick from in the 3rd round or beyond.

One of the cats I like that should be available late 3rd is a cat named A.J. Edds. Kindof ironic when you look at who he is compared to in some of the value boards......

Analysis
Read & React: Recognizes play-action and misdirection and gets to the flat in a hurry to cover screens. Seems to run routes for tight ends and running backs. Very good reacting to the ball whether lined up at the nine-technique or in the stack.

Run defense: Gives little ground against linemen and tight end blocks on the edge. Keeps containment on his side of the field to make a tackle or funnel plays inside. Can punch and rip off consistently to make plays. Throws his shoulder into fullback in the hole but doesn't always anchor well. Chases plays across the field, taking good angles to the ball. Must use his hands consistently to protect his legs from cut blocks. Does not always break down in space and lacks the change-of-direction skills to compensate against elusive backs.

Pass defense: The former tight end is agile in coverage, and covers receivers and tight ends the flat very well. Can get deep or attack to the sideline. Runs with most tight ends down the seam and reads their eyes to turn and look for the ball. Reacts quickly to throws in his area. Able to knock passes away before or after the receiver gets his hands on the ball. Very good hands for the interception.

Tackling: Strong wrap-up tackler in the open field and around the line of scrimmage. His size and length means few missed tackles, as well as having the ability to chase down backs from behind. Brings hips to stop ballcarriers in a hurry when heads-up.

Pass Rush/Blitz: Stacks up tackles and tight ends on the edge, and will still come after the quarterback if sent or the signal caller is looking deep downfield. Will defeat running back blocks with his hands and strength. Won't miss the sack or quarterback hit once in position. Lacks great pass-rush moves or the speed to turn the corner against better tackles.

Intangibles: Major contributor since his redshirt freshman season and a leader on the defense the past two years -- by actions more than words. Solid character and weight-room work ethic.

CBS Sports Player Profile - AJ Edds (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1243684?tag=pageRow;pageContainer)

Excellent post!! I really wasn't a fan of leber until this year. If you watch tape on him he is usually in a good position, fairly instinctive ala Cowgirls game (His INT.). I think Rockmolder hit it on the head, if we could draft Weatherspoon we could be crazy fast at LB. We would have Weatherspoon at the WILL, Greenway at the SAM & Leber in the middle. That would be a very good LB core.

Marrdro
03-24-2010, 03:27 PM
tarkenton10 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Analysis

Excellent post!! I really wasn't a fan of leber until this year. If you watch tape on him he is usually in a good position, fairly instinctive ala Cowgirls game (His INT.). I think Rockmolder hit it on the head, if we could draft Weatherspoon we could be crazy fast at LB. We would have Weatherspoon at the WILL, Greenway at the SAM & Leber in the middle. That would be a very good LB core.
I'm just not as big on Spoon anymore, especially after I read some of the stuff on other players.

Here is an interesting one.....

Add McCoy To The List (http://www.vikingsgab.com/2010/03/23/add-mccoy-to-the-list/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+VikingsGab+%28Vikings+Gab%29)

3 sites I visit this time of the year don't have much on him other than 2 of them list him as a UDFA.

marstc09
03-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Marrdro wrote:

LOL. Child please.

marstc09
03-25-2010, 12:15 AM
There is no need to panic. We have solid starters. We can wait to the 3rd maybe 4th for depth. I see Marrdro is writing off the youngsters again. Tyrell, no one can pick on but all the others are career backups or ST players. LOL.

Farwell could easily step in and perform if Leber or Greenway went down. First petes sake we had a rookie come in for Henderson and do fine. What the hell makes you think a guy who has been he for a while would fail? LOL! We all know Marrdro dislikes him but in reality Heath would be just fine. Leman, Erin, and Kenny are all undrafted but still are not garbage. Let them learn. They are backups for right now.

marstc09
03-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Marrdro wrote:
3 sites I visit this time of the year don't have much on him other than 2 of them list him as a UDFA.

I found all types of stuff on him.

PLAYERS TO WATCH: DE Chris McCoy - The senior is fourth on the team with 59 tackles and leads the Blue Raiders with 20 tackles for loss and seven sacks.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/558530

Middle Tennessee's Chris McCoy came out of nowhere last season and has been steadily moving up draft boards since September. Almost two-dozen teams were on hand at MTSU to watch the pass-rushing terror work out, and McCoy did not disappoint. He ran a 40 time in the low 4.7-second area at 261-pounds, posted a vertical... jump of 33.5 inches and a broad jump of 10'3'. McCoy lined up in a three-point stance in college, but projects to linebacker in the NFL. Many of the teams at the workout use a 3-4 alignment on defense and were impressed with the ease with which McCoy was able to move in reverse when simulating pass coverage skills. He's secured a spot for himself in the later rounds.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Evanston-IL/OTG-Sports-Management/177585367186?ref=share

Interview

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/chrismccoyinterview.htm

gregair13
03-25-2010, 01:40 AM
marstc09 wrote:

There is no need to panic. We have solid starters. We can wait to the 3rd maybe 4th for depth. I see Marrdro is writing off the youngsters again. Tyrell, no one can pick on but all the others are career backups or ST players. LOL.

Farwell could easily step in and perform if Leber or Greenway went down. First petes sake we had a rookie come in for Henderson and do fine. What the hell makes you think a guy who has been he for a while would fail? LOL! We all know Marrdro dislikes him but in reality Heath would be just fine. Leman, Erin, and Kenny are all undrafted but still are not garbage. Let them learn. They are backups for right now.

http://www.lighthousemessenger.org/webdocs/photos/DontPanic1.jpg

Marrdro
03-25-2010, 07:45 AM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Finally listened to you?

6th round my friend. round 6 pick 2. Might I remind you he was was named to the All-Big 12 First Team, the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, and an AP and AFCA All-American.

He was though of as a potential sleeper pick, and he just never panned out. I can list a whole whack of 4th rounders who never panned out too.

If you discount "7th" round picks, then what about your pal Tahi? He was undrafted, didn't even make the Bengals squad.

As to Jasper being a liability. I think I agree with you, if your saying that his flaws were related to inexperience and not talent. Cat can fly around the field now. Get him some more reps and he will be a anchor in the middle for years to come. Thats exactly what I'm saying. I'm not comfortable yet with him starting full-time, but I like what I've seen, and he's still quite young and has time to develop into a decent linebacker.

I wasn't talking about moving Chad, I was talking about moving Weatherspoon. He played WLB in College, and Chad's our Will now, wonder what effect moving weatherspoon to slb would have. If we've learned anything from EJ, its that moving young LB's around really negatively affects their play.
He never panned out as a OLB. Again, go back and read my original post. I was talking about MLB. No way in hell you can say that Rufus was gonna be an answer at MLB.

As to Spoon. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't think you would try to put a cat like Spoon as the Sam. He is to small.

Not all NFL scouts are convinced that he can be an elite linebacker at the next level. He has only adequate size and tends to run around blocks. But Weatherspoon's speed and productivity will convince a team to pick him early in the draft.

Will take on fullback and lineman blocks inside, but does not have the size or punch needed to regularly disengage. Also has troubles getting off run blocks from larger receivers.

CBS Sports Player Profile - Weatherspoon (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1123346?tag=pageRow;pageContainer)
Look, I really like the guy, but don't see how he would fit into the scheme.

Marrdro
03-25-2010, 07:52 AM
marstc09 wrote:

I'm writing off youngsters? Comeon, don't make me go get stuff from you on cats like Griff and Chad.

Erin has been dropped and added from the roster. I'm not the one doing that now am I. Onatolu is 225 soacking wet. Spin it all you want, but that equates to a ST's guy (and a damn good one by the way). I like Leman, but he only fills one roster spot.

And Farwell can't step in at MLB or he would have been in there several times when we needed him.

Love the discussion points though. ;)

marstc09
03-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

I'm writing off youngsters? Comeon, don't make me go get stuff from you on cats like Griff and Chad.

Erin has been dropped and added from the roster. I'm not the one doing that now am I. Onatolu is 225 soacking wet. Spin it all you want, but that equates to a ST's guy (and a damn good one by the way). I like Leman, but he only fills one roster spot.

And Farwell can't step in at MLB or he would have been in there several times when we needed him.

Not sure why you always bring up Griffin. I have always liked him. I would love to see a quote of me bashing him. On the other hand, I have said a few things about Greenway but in no way EVER did I want a replacement for him or want him off the team.

Like I have said before, we need to draft a OLB but not that early.

Marrdro
03-28-2010, 06:50 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Not sure why you always bring up Griffin. I have always liked him. I would love to see a quote of me bashing him. On the other hand, I have said a few things about Greenway but in no way EVER did I want a replacement for him or want him off the team.

My apologies. For some reason I had you on the "I dislike Griff" spreadsheet. Consider your name removed..... ;)

Back to the OLB discussion.

I agree, I wouldn't take one with the 30th either, however, when I do my mocks and talk this stuff this time of year, in almost every circumstance it isn't what I would do but rather what I think ole Ricky boy is gonna do.

If one of the top 5 OLBs were sitting there at 30, I don't think it is out of the question that he would take one is all I'm saying mostly because we don't need to take a certain position at any spot but rather they have the lattitude of selecting the best value.

I know the BPA cliche is used alot, but I am 100% that they will actually do it this year without a bit of the "Need" pushing decisions.

HEY
03-28-2010, 10:31 AM
I still have hopes for Erin Henderson. I know what he's capable of and he showed some flashes in his first pre-season.

He is very similar to his older brother. Unfortunately, that includes the injury problems too.

It seems like Erin has lost some confident. I hope he can get back on the horse and get some opportunities at linebacker. That's what he does best.

Erin is still young (only 23 years old) and he's both faster and bigger than his older brother.

marstc09
03-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

My apologies. For some reason I had you on the "I dislike Griff" spreadsheet. Consider your name removed..... ;)

I agree, I wouldn't take one with the 30th either, however, when I do my mocks and talk this stuff this time of year, in almost every circumstance it isn't what I would do but rather what I think ole Ricky boy is gonna do.

If one of the top 5 OLBs were sitting there at 30, I don't think it is out of the question that he would take one is all I'm saying mostly because we don't need to take a certain position at any spot but rather they have the lattitude of selecting the best value.

I know the BPA cliche is used alot, but I am 100% that they will actually do it this year without a bit of the "Need" pushing decisions.

I think we will draft the BPA for what we need. G, CB, S and yes I think OLB could be an option as well.

Marrdro
03-29-2010, 10:13 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

I think we will draft the BPA for what we need. G, CB, S and yes I think OLB could be an option as well.
All ya got to do is put DT and QB in there and I think we will be on the same page this year. ;)

12purplepride28
03-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

All ya got to do is put DT and QB in there and I think we will be on the same page this year. ;)

I think we will be fine if we don't draft a dt. Pat's got one more year of rotating with Kennedy and we can draft one next year or in the later rounds of this year. I just don't think its as urgent as everyone else thinks. Definitely QB CB S and G.

Marrdro
03-29-2010, 11:53 AM
12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

I think we will be fine if we don't draft a dt. Pat's got one more year of rotating with Kennedy and we can draft one next year or in the later rounds of this year. I just don't think its as urgent as everyone else thinks. Definitely QB CB S and G.
Your missing the point on DT.

Like any position, you don't wait to draft a cat until the starter is gone, you draft them early so they can learn 3 or 4 years (if possible) before they leave.

Makes the transition easier.

As to JK, you do realize they drafted K-wills replacement in 2008. JK came out the same time as K-will did. One would think that if the logic behind Guion selection is applied to the other DT position, someone would have already been drafted.

Why hasn't this happened? My guess, one gap, penetrating lineman like Phat Pat are hard to come by. Just so happens to be 3 or 4 in this draft. If one of them is available at 30 you should take him cause you won't see another one that low again for a long time.

On the other hand, take CB for instance. You should have a pick of at least 2 good CB's in the first, 3 possibly 4 that fit our scheme in the 2nd and 2 damn nice fits in the 3rd.

Why pass on a DT for a CB that you can get later rounds if you aren't gonna get the DT of equal value later on.

12purplepride28
03-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Like any position, you don't wait to draft a cat until the starter is gone, you draft them early so they can learn 3 or 4 years (if possible) before they leave.

As to JK, you do realize they drafted K-wills replacement in 2008. JK came out the same time as K-will did. One would think that if the logic behind Guion selection is applied to the other DT position, someone would have already been drafted.

Why hasn't this happened? My guess, one gap, penetrating lineman like Phat Pat are hard to come by. Just so happens to be 3 or 4 in this draft. If one of them is available at 30 you should take him cause you won't see another one that low again for a long time.

On the other hand, take CB for instance. You should have a pick of at least 2 good CB's in the first, 3 possibly 4 that fit our scheme in the 2nd and 2 damn nice fits in the 3rd.

Why pass on a DT for a CB that you can get later rounds if you aren't gonna get the DT of equal value later on.

I'm not missing the point, I just didn't make my point clear enough. I realize its good to develop DTs behind great ones for a few years, but we have more glaring needs (CB, S, OL) than DT. Take one in the later rounds, we have more holes NOW in other positions than DT

Marrdro
03-30-2010, 09:11 AM
12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

I'm not missing the point, I just didn't make my point clear enough. I realize its good to develop DTs behind great ones for a few years, but we have more glaring needs (CB, S, OL) than DT. Take one in the later rounds, we have more holes NOW in other positions than DT
First there won't be one in the later rounds. Atleast not one that can be developed in a year or two.

Second, I don't believe our issues at CB and S aren't as bad as you seem to think.

The loss of Griff and Whinny's slide are something to be concerned about, however, Whinny could come back and still be the starter. Griff, I don't think so.

a. We resigned Benny. He gives us a nice Vet who has been in the system for a few years now. Mix in that the defense actually played better with him and AA in there than it did with Whinny and I don't see the concern most have at the starter positions.

b. Asher Allen. Another young cat that stepped into the void his first year and gave us some real nice reps in games were we needed help. Again, when he and Benny were in there our defense played better than when Whinny was in there.

c. Vet Presence. The staff seems to think that adding a 2nd Tier Vet on the cheap is all thats needed to add depth behind our current starters until Griff is back next year.

d. Additional DB coach. I really like how they added additional coaching to the position. Should pay dividends down the road as these cats continue to get better.

I for one would feel very comfortable with the following lineup going into next season, keeping in mind they traditionally only keep 5 CBs on the 53 man roster:

a. LCB - AA/Whinny/3rd eound draft choice
b. RCB - Benny/Vet/3rd round draft choice
c. Nickle - Whinny/Vet

Third. This draft is damn deep at CB with quality players in each and every round. If the staff thinks they need to add another cat, they can when the value is right. Doesn't mean they won't take one in the first round, just saying they don't have to.

CBS Sports - Dominique Franks (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1123662?tag=pageRow;pageContainer)

CBS Sports - Amari Spievey (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1115782?tag=pageRow;pageContainer)

CBS Sports - Jerome Murphy (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/558668?tag=pageRow;pageContainer)

Fourth. I don't think adding another rookie to our inexperienced S's is gonna solve anything. The S's we have are talented, they just need reps.

Fifth. Same thing goes for OLB's as it does for CB. There are a butt load of them in this draft that could be taken as low as the 4th round and still be ready to go in 2011 when Lebers contract is up.