PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Rice Available

Foreman44
02-25-2005, 05:00 PM
At this point, why not? Thoughts?

PurplePeopleEaters
02-25-2005, 05:05 PM
um......how do I say this without offending the best reciever ever.......lets go after........um............someone less washed up?

ultravikingfan
02-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Yup.
http://www.purplepride.org/skol/viewtopic.php?t=7837 :lol:

DemonicViking
02-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Rice, the energizer bunny just keeps goin' and goin'.. against the Jets this year he made a brilliant one-handed snag for six, reminded me much of his days with the 'Niners when he made catches like that. I don't think Seattle got him involved enough though.. his production in Oakland seemed to slowly deteriorate. He's had a great career, but maybe it's time to move on. If he decides to return someone might pick him up, I'd prefer a younger pass catcher though.

ultravikingfan
02-25-2005, 08:22 PM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

Rice, the energizer bunny just keeps goin' and goin'.. against the Jets this year he made a brilliant one-handed snag for six, reminded me much of his days with the 'Niners when he made catches like that. I don't think Seattle got him involved enough though.. his production in Oakland seemed to slowly deteriorate. He's had a great career, but maybe it's time to move on. If he decides to return someone might pick him up, I'd prefer a younger pass catcher though.

I hate seeing athletes try to go on, and on , and on when they should retire.

VikesFan111
02-25-2005, 08:28 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"DemonicViking" wrote:

Me too.

PurplePeopleEaters
02-25-2005, 08:48 PM
Should have retired with the Niners. What a shame.

briboy75
02-25-2005, 09:44 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"DemonicViking" wrote:

*cough* brett favre *cough*

DemonicViking
02-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Maybe the master of disaster.. Derrick-The Predator-Johnson will send him packing if he get him.. bam!

Withy07
02-25-2005, 10:00 PM
right too bad favre still has it..........and you haven't drafted derrick johnson and probably won't.

DemonicViking
02-25-2005, 10:02 PM
Do I sense fear?

Withy07
02-25-2005, 10:05 PM
fear....haha

please i feared moss would be traded and it happened. IF you would take a look or do some research the chances of the vikings getting derrick johnson are slim.

DemonicViking
02-25-2005, 10:28 PM
If I were a Green Bay fan I guess I'd be happy about the trade too.. just so it might help erase the memory of Randy mooning GB fans on their turf.. and don't say it didn't mean something otherwise the lame town of Wisconsin wouldn't have gone out of their way to make those Anti-Moss Billboards.. all over a fake mooning.

Withy07
02-25-2005, 10:32 PM
im sorry i said i was scared moss would be traded because they will now build a much better team. As for the rest of the gay-ass packer fans....let them be idiots and do stupid things.

Caine
02-25-2005, 10:41 PM
1st: Jerry Rice, why not? Because he's well past his prime. Sure, he can still play, but he isn't the game breaker he once was. Picking him up would be self-defeating for the Vikes. We need a long term program, not a curiosity piece.

2nd: Brett Favre. I'll say this one more time. Anyone who thinks Favre is "Washed Up" really needs to reassess their thinking. Sure, he isn't the best in the NFL...or even the NFC...or even the NFC North anymore, but how many teams would LOVE to get him into their colors? All but about 6 or 7 I'd guess. The m,an can still play, he is still dangerous, and to underestimate him is foolish.

3rd: Packer fans have enough to worry about with their need to find an entire Defense without dwelling on "Is Moss staying or going". They are in worse shape than we are, and with less cap room to correct it.

4th: We don't really have much room to blather on just yet either. We have an ownership dilema to sort out, a free agency looming with HUGE question marks about "Will we actually DO anything there?", and a looming draft. Without a firm direction from the top, we might actually LOSE a year - or 5 - due to the inability of Fowler (or whomever winds up buying us) to make the calls, and McCombs (Hen Humper) unwillingness to sink any money into our team.

So, sling all the crap you want, boys and girls. Truth is, neither of us are looking all that rosey right now, and while we bicker Chicago and Detroit are bound to get better.

Caine

Withy07
02-25-2005, 10:48 PM
nice filter you have here