PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre to appear on Jay Leno March 4th

Hinkle
02-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Brett Favre is scheduled to appear on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Thursday, March 4.
Leno, hopefully, will ask about Favre's plans for the 2010 season. Favre memorably told David Letterman in April 2008 -- after his first "retirement" -- that "something (was) bound to happen" once NFL minicamps rolled around that spring. Favre has not strongly hinted about his future intentions so far.

Hmm interesting...

Marrdro
02-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Setting my DVR as we speak.......

midgensa
02-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Well ... this should be entertaining to say the least.

C Mac D
02-25-2010, 05:37 PM
This appearance makes me think he's definitely coming back.

Why would go on a comedy/late-night show and kill the mood by telling everyone you're retiring? No, he's gonna say he's coming back and people will eat it up.

If he was planning on retiring, going on Leno doesn't make much sense.

Plus, didn't Syd just talk to him last week about coming back or something? I know Allen has been calling and texting the Silver Fox.

midgensa
02-25-2010, 05:52 PM
C Mac D wrote:

Why would go on a comedy/late-night show and kill the mood by telling everyone you're retiring? No, he's gonna say he's coming back and people will eat it up.

Plus, didn't Syd just talk to him last week about coming back or something? I know Allen has been calling and texting the Silver Fox.

Yeah ... I think at this point it is a solid bet that he is coming back.

I do doubt that he would announce it on Leno though.

vikinggreg
02-25-2010, 06:37 PM
First things first, has he had a press conference to announce that he will be on Leno or is concidering being on Leno or he hasn't made a decision but Leno is waiting but needs to know soon. Its hard to say but will Childress pick him up at the airport and drive Brett to Leno's show in a white SUV on the freeways of LA. Where is the media, we need more updates with little information. :huh:

Mark_The_Viking
02-26-2010, 03:03 AM
Speilman said

“I think everybody feels comfortable with” Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels, Spielman said. “We have stated that we would love to have him (Favre) back. But we’ll just keep on going about our normal business and continue building our team as we go through these processes over the next six months and see where we end up.”

Which everyone is he referring to?

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Mark_The_Viking wrote:

Speilman said

“I think everybody feels comfortable with” Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels, Spielman said. “We have stated that we would love to have him (Favre) back. But we’ll just keep on going about our normal business and continue building our team as we go through these processes over the next six months and see where we end up.”

Which everyone is he referring to?
LOL, there are a few out there who don't think the world would end if his Lordship and his noodle didn't show up next year..... ;)

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 07:23 AM
midgensa wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

They knew it was gonna take 2 years. Thats why he signed a 2 year contract.

Nothing hard to understand about that.

As to why he is gracing the world with his presence on Leno.....My take its to keep his face on TV, much like those silly Sears commercials.

BleedinPandG
02-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Marrdro wrote:

As to why he is gracing the world with his presence on Leno.....My take its to keep his face on TV, much like those silly Sears commercials.

I think it's the money. There are many that said the reason he played for the Vikes and Jets was the $10M or so a year... I've read a few places that he's a bit on the money hungry/greedy side. I'm sure he's getting paid a pretty penny, when he isn't being pampered and chauferred around, to sit on Leno's couch for 3 minutes.

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 07:49 AM
BleedinPandG wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

I think it's the money. There are many that said the reason he played for the Vikes and Jets was the $10M or so a year... I've read a few places that he's a bit on the money hungry/greedy side. I'm sure he's getting paid a pretty penny, when he isn't being pampered and chauferred around, to sit on Leno's couch for 3 minutes.
Never heard he was greedy my friend. Thanks, added that to the list of things I can't stand about him.

Quick question, ........Do you run for the remote to switch the channel everytime one of those commercials come on? I do, except that damn Jeans commercial. I love watching him throw high to the cat at the end. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

BleedinPandG
02-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Marrdro wrote:

Never heard he was greedy my friend. Thanks, added that to the list of things I can't stand about him.

Quick question, ........Do you run for the remote to switch the channel everytime one of those commercials come on? I do, except that damn Jeans commercial. I love watching him throw high to the cat at the end. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

High and slightly behind... he catches it over his head instead of infront of him where he can keep his eyes on it easier!

But no, I can't be bothered turning the channel simply cause of Favre or even Flo. Besides, I'm generally playing Sudoku or chasing kids or something else when the TV is on and barely paying attention anyhow.

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 08:14 AM
BleedinPandG wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

High and slightly behind... he catches it over his head instead of infront of him where he can keep his eyes on it easier!

But no, I can't be bothered turning the channel simply cause of Favre or even Flo. Besides, I'm generally playing Sudoku or chasing kids or something else when the TV is on and barely paying attention anyhow.
Kids, they sure can mess it up at times. Just wait, pretty soon it will be just you and the beagles.....

On a side note, how can you bash my newest hottie Flo.....? :ohmy:
http://www.celeb-next.com/stephanie_courtney.jpg

Voodoo Man
02-26-2010, 08:28 AM
I would hope Favre would say he is coming back on the show. That way all the BS will be done with. I would guess the longer it hangs out there the bigger the pain for the team/fans.

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Voodoo Man wrote:

I would hope Favre would say he is coming back on the show. That way all the BS will be done with. I would guess the longer it hangs out there the bigger the pain for the team/fans.
I don't think it bothers the team at all my friend.

Only issue with respect to him announcing it is mostly related to the talking heads spinning the fans.

marstc09
03-01-2010, 01:03 AM
Marrdro wrote:

midgensa wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

Those Sears commercials are far from silly. They are very funny. Favre is funny. That is why Leno wants him. Favre is entertaining. Hopefully he waffles on the show just to piss the haters off.

marstc09
03-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Marrdro wrote:

BleedinPandG wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

LOL at you believing some crap like that with no evidence. I doubt it is about money with Favre. Do you ever see him being flashy or spending money on cars?

Marrdro
03-01-2010, 08:37 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BleedinPandG wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

LOL at you believing some crap like that with no evidence. I doubt it is about money with Favre. Do you ever see him being flashy or spending money on cars?
He does have a separate road to his mother in laws house on his farm.

That in of itself kindof alludes to the fact the cat has coinage.....

Marrdro
03-01-2010, 08:38 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

midgensa wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

Those Sears commercials are far from silly. They are very funny. Favre is funny. That is why Leno wants him. Favre is entertaining. Hopefully he waffles on the show just to piss the haters off.
You got it bad my friend. You got it real bad...... :laugh:

ejmat
03-01-2010, 08:55 AM
BleedinPandG wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Or maybe Jay Leno asked if he would come on for the interview and Favre agreed to it. Obviously money plays a factor in just about every decision as it would for me too. $10M is hard to pass up. So is $12m and $13M.

CMac is right though. I don't think he is going to go on the Jay Leno show to announce his retirement. I don't see him making a decision one way or the other either although I would love if he did

Marrdro
03-01-2010, 09:03 AM
ejmat wrote:

BleedinPandG wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Or maybe Jay Leno asked if he would come on for the interview and Favre agreed to it. Obviously money plays a factor in just about every decision as it would for me too. $10M is hard to pass up. So is $12m and $13M.

CMac is right though. I don't think he is going to go on the Jay Leno show to announce his retirement. I don't see him making a decision one way or the other either although I would love if he did
Wait a minute.....I thought he already did this...... :dry:

VikingLance
03-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Maybe, just maybe, he is going to go against conventional wisdom and announce that he will be playing for the Vikes one more season. Wouldn't that make the haters & the fans collective jaws drop! No waffling. No mid summer press conferences about playing. No DRAMA. naaaaa....I don't think so, but it would be awesome.

Marrdro
03-01-2010, 09:15 AM
VikingLance wrote:

Maybe, just maybe, he is going to go against conventional wisdom and announce that he will be playing for the Vikes one more season. Wouldn't that make the haters & the fans collective jaws drop! No waffling. No mid summer press conferences about playing. No DRAMA. naaaaa....I don't think so, but it would be awesome.
As a self proffessed "Disliker" of the guy, I don't think a simple thing like announcing his intentions will change my opinion of him as my dislike has nothing to do with his waffling.

VikingLance
03-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Marrdro wrote:

VikingLance wrote:

As a self proffessed "Disliker" of the guy, I don't think a simple thing like announcing his intentions will change my opinion of him as my dislike has nothing to do with his waffling.

C'mon Marrdro, I thought you were so close to becomming a Favre disciple.....this is all it would take.... ;)

I'm not saying anything he does will change people's opinions of the man. I am saying that it would be shocking & unexpected if he did announce it. Many fans, for and against Favre coming here, warned of the drama that will unfold in the offseason, and I think it would be the ultimate 180 if he decided so soon.

Marrdro
03-01-2010, 09:34 AM
VikingLance wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

VikingLance wrote:

C'mon Marrdro, I thought you were so close to becomming a Favre disciple.....this is all it would take.... ;)

I'm not saying anything he does will change people's opinions of the man. I am saying that it would be shocking & unexpected if he did announce it. Many fans, for and against Favre coming here, warned of the drama that will unfold in the offseason, and I think it would be the ultimate 180 if he decided so soon.
LOL, there are a couple on here who really wish I would come around and become a fan so that I would leave thier boy alone, however, don't see it happening my friend. :cheer:

I'm not saying anything he does will change people's opinions of the man. I am saying that it would be shocking & unexpected if he did announce it.

I'm tracking with that.

Truth of the matter is, I think the only thing stopping him from saying anything is, then the assumption would be (by the talking heads and lame) that he would show up for camp, which we all know that that is what this is all about.

Not wanting to come to camp.

Mooch said it best when he said, "I know your listening Noodle".....

In a nutshell he basicall said, "show up a bit early, let the rooks see you/get to know them, teamates love to have you around and the press loves it when you are on the field."

marstc09
03-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BleedinPandG wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Just because he has money does not mean he is greedy.

marstc09
03-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

midgensa wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

Yup I do. It is called reality.

Marrdro
03-01-2010, 09:39 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

midgensa wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

Reality.... :laugh:

Missed you last week.

marstc09
03-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Marrdro wrote:

VikingLance wrote:

Nothing will change your mind. That is the definition of a "hater".

marstc09
03-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

midgensa wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

Missed you last week.

Missed you too. Sad part is that I probably will not be on very much with the new job. I am loving Arizona though!

C Mac D
03-01-2010, 09:50 AM
I wish Jay Leno would retire.

C Mac D
03-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

BleedinPandG wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

You need a road? I can pave you a road, how much you need? For you, real cheap. Real cheap.

Marrdro
03-01-2010, 09:55 AM
C Mac D wrote:

Not as big of a fan as I used to be, however, I still catch Letterman 2 or 3 nights a week.

He has had some funny crap on the Leno move.

Zeus
03-01-2010, 09:55 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Missed you too. Sad part is that I probably will not be on very much with the new job. I am loving Arizona though!

Have you done your ticket renewal yet?

=Z=

Marrdro
03-01-2010, 10:27 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

midgensa wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

Missed you last week.

Didn't even realize this was all happening. Congrats on the move. ;)

Big Matt
03-01-2010, 01:41 PM
C Mac D wrote:

He did, then he cam back. Maybe he wants advice from brett on how to milk it! :)

Marrdro
03-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Big Matt wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

He did, then he cam back. Maybe he wants advice from brett on how to milk it! :)
Marrdro shouts at the top of his lungs.......

YOU MY FRIEND JUST GOT BUMPED TO THE TOP OF ALL SPREADSHEETS........

Damn funny my friend, damn funny. ;)

Zeus
03-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Big Matt wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

If there's anything more overrated than post count, it's where you appear on the 'ol spreadsheet.

=Z=

jargomcfargo
03-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Zeus wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Big Matt wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

If there's anything more overrated than post count, it's where you appear on the 'ol spreadsheet.

=Z=

He had to turn the ol' spreadsheet upside down when Favre signed.

Marrdro
03-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Zeus wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Big Matt wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

=Z=
Hey, its my shtic. A bit more original than +1.... :P

Marrdro
03-01-2010, 03:33 PM
jargomcfargo wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Big Matt wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

=Z=

He had to turn the ol' spreadsheet upside down when Favre signed.
I sure had to juggle some entries thats for sure.

slavinator
03-01-2010, 03:45 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

midgensa wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

Missed you last week.

Mars where in AZ are you. I live in North Phoenix.

marstc09
03-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Zeus wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Have you done your ticket renewal yet?

=Z=

No.

marstc09
03-04-2010, 09:48 PM
slavinator wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

midgensa wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

Missed you last week.

Mars where in AZ are you. I live in North Phoenix.

N 83rd Ave and W Camelback Rd, right by the Cardinals stadium

12purplepride28
03-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Brett Favre isn't sure. He announced it on leno according to AP

marstc09
03-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Favre tells Leno he doesn't know if he'll play in 2010

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/04/favre-tells-leno-he-doesnt-know-if-hell-play-in-2010/

marstc09
03-04-2010, 09:51 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

midgensa wrote:

C Mac D wrote:

I got my wish. Favre loves to piss the haters off.

Rockmolder
03-04-2010, 09:52 PM
12purplepride28 wrote:

I did not see this coming.

marstc09
03-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Sneak peek of Favre on Leno

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/04/sneak-peek-of-favre-on-leno/

12purplepride28
03-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Rockmolder wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

I was really hoping this would be the year where he just came out and said he would play... *sigh*

i_bleed_purple
03-04-2010, 10:39 PM
12purplepride28 wrote:

Rockmolder wrote:

12purplepride28 wrote:

I was really hoping this would be the year where he just came out and said he would play... *sigh*

I remember my first beer

mad-dog_six-eight
03-04-2010, 10:44 PM
This was in the cards to mess with us from the beginning. the whole 2 year deal, why would he even think about signing a two year deal if there wasn't the thought of coming back? we have more appreciation for him here in Minnesota than the Puckers have had in a long time. He owes the fans and his teammates at least one more year.

so-cal vike
03-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Meh!

CCthebest
03-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Farve, loving the drama, doesnt care what it does to this team. He signed for 2 years and cant even commit. He needs to commit soon. He did great things for us (other then choking on his last pass last season) and could get the Vikes started off right, during the preseason.

Rockmolder
03-04-2010, 11:11 PM
CCthebest wrote:

Farve, loving the drama, doesnt care what it does to this team. He signed for 2 years and cant even commit. He needs to commit soon. He did great things for us (other then choking on his last pass last season) and could get the Vikes started off right, during the preseason.

Favre is not going to get your team started off in the pre-season.

Formo
03-04-2010, 11:35 PM
CCthebest wrote:

Dude.. we are in no more pain as Viking fans if Favre waits versus if he commits now. None. He can take all the time he wants.

BTW, just saw the very beginning of the Tonight Show.. And Brett Favre told Leno to just "Make a decision and stick with it" in regards to Leno's waffle act. LOL

Flidais
03-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Personally I think Favre has soaked all the attention he can get over the whole waffling thing. I was leaning towards the man to announce his return and then fake his own death.

Imagine the news coverage...

In all seriousness, have we ever considered that maybe Favre was asked not to say if he was coming back? Minnesota has been upfront about their willingness to let him skip training camp. Based on some of Warner's remarks in January, I would imagine the Cards have tried to tempt him with the same deal.

This is precedent setting and I would not be at all surprised if Zygi and Chilly are in hot water with the rest of the NFL at the moment. It's more than possible Favre is willing to be the bad guy in this situation to give the Vikings cover so he can still get out of training camp.

If he had doubts in his mind he would have made some sort of legal move by now to free himself from the contract.

Marrdro
03-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Flidais wrote:

Personally I think Favre has soaked all the attention he can get over the whole waffling thing. I was leaning towards the man to announce his return and then fake his own death.

In all seriousness, have we ever considered that maybe Favre was asked not to say if he was coming back? Minnesota has been upfront about their willingness to let him skip training camp. Based on some of Warner's remarks in January, I would imagine the Cards have tried to tempt him with the same deal.

This is precedent setting and I would not be at all surprised if Zygi and Chilly are in hot water with the rest of the NFL at the moment. It's more than possible Favre is willing to be the bad guy in this situation to give the Vikings cover so he can still get out of training camp.

If he had doubts in his mind he would have made some sort of legal move by now to free himself from the contract.
Very interesting angle my friend.

Anyone other than me find it very interesting that he elected to go on Leno at the onset of FA?

In the end, just more of the Noodle being the "Look at Me" thing he does.

tastywaves
03-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Marrdro wrote:

Flidais wrote:

Very interesting angle my friend.

Anyone other than me find it very interesting that he elected to go on Leno at the onset of FA?

In the end, just more of the Noodle being the "Look at Me" thing he does.

And he does it so well. He would actually lose respect from me at this point if he committed this early in the offseason, one way or the other. That I would not believe.

slavinator
03-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Brett Favre on Leno (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OSWuOaz1f8)

I thought that this was a good visit. In the youtube link above he talks about the fact that he is there for Hannah Montanna with his daughter. While this is a little bit of look at me, you have to factor in that Leno is in dire need of ratings and what a great way to get the football world to tune in.........

I really was impressed with one aspect of the interview in particular. "One of my greatest accomplishments was winning over MOST of the Minnesota fans. For so many years I was hated there."

I really believe he will be back next year, and as someone esle pointed out this was all orchestrated so that he doesnt have to go to camp.

SKOL!

slavinator
03-05-2010, 12:11 PM
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OSWuOaz1f8

Screwed up posting the video before.

idahovikefan7
03-05-2010, 12:21 PM
I liked the beginning how you can hear the viking fans yelling "one more year!" then the inbreds in the back chanting "go pack go".

gregair13
03-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Pretty funny interview. I like the ending. He better come back.

Prophet
03-06-2010, 06:22 AM
slavinator wrote:

...I really was impressed with one aspect of the interview in particular. "One of my greatest accomplishments was winning over MOST of the Minnesota fans. For so many years I was hated there."...

If you play the tape backwards you can hear him saying, "Fuck Marrdro, singersp, VQ, and BLV".

Caine
03-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Prophet wrote:

slavinator wrote:

...I really was impressed with one aspect of the interview in particular. "One of my greatest accomplishments was winning over MOST of the Minnesota fans. For so many years I was hated there."...

If you play the tape backwards you can hear him saying, "Fuck Marrdro, singersp, VQ, and BLV".

...no, that was me....

Caine

Formo
03-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Prophet wrote:

slavinator wrote:

HAHAHA!! That was gold, man!

I just read 4 pages of this thread prior to the show.. I want the last 15 minutes of my life back.

Marrdro
03-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Prophet wrote:

slavinator wrote:

LOL, I sent him another invitation to go fishing with me. Caveat is, it has to be sometime before camp begins.......

Assured him I still had a special life vest that I poured made just to fit him.

Funny, he still hasn't answered. ;)

AngloVike
03-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

slavinator wrote:

LOL, I sent him another invitation to go fishing with me. Caveat is, it has to be sometime before camp begins.......

well if not before camp then sure he'll have a couple of free weeks in July when there's nothing better to do ;)

HEY
03-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Can't watch the clip on youtube?
Watch it on NBC.com instead (http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/clips/brett-favre/1206754/).

I thought it was a pretty funny interview. It was clear that everyone wanted Favre back for another season, even Leno.

Marrdro
03-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Time for Vikings to do what they must to bring back Brett Favre for 2010 (http://www.twincities.com/ci_14631664?source=most_viewed)
Anyone catch the caller on Sirius this weekend who said the Vikes should go ahead and show thier commitment to the Noodle so he would commit to coming back?

In case you didn't, his solution was to renegotiate the Noodles contract to upgrade it from 13 mil to 25 mil. Course he was basically called a chucklehead by the announcers and follow-on callers.

Anyway, after reading this, I wonder if Mr. Powers (aka yutz/chucklehead) wasn't that cat calling in. :ohmy:

What a yutz.

Marrdro
03-08-2010, 11:06 AM
AngloVike wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

slavinator wrote:

well if not before camp then sure he'll have a couple of free weeks in July when there's nothing better to do ;)
Way to many helicopters in this area my friend. I suspect that if he waited to go fishing with me by then, the copters would be following us around.

Pretty hard to test out the life vest if a camera is on my boat......

Best bet is to get it done sooner rather than later. ;)

Marrdro
03-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Vikings have plan to get Favre to return (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/86729202.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiacyKUnciaec8O7EyUs)

mad-dog_six-eight
03-11-2010, 10:15 PM
this probably isnt the right forum to post this on, but i was too lazy to look around for the official brett favre thread.

i was listening to the Rick Spielman interview done by Paul Allen today and i heard something interesting.
Allen made a joke and said, "so what your saying is, Rick Spielman, Vice President of Player Personnel Minnesota Vikings, If we don't sign Ladanian, your gonna trade picks 1, 2 and 3 to get somebody to come in here and help right?"

after chuckling for a moment, Spielman said, "again i think we feel very confident about who we have, we have all our starters back, we have a lot of playmakers on the offense, ya know we're trying to fill in some of those role-type players...

does this mean he knows something about Favre that we dont know?

now i know this is just dumb speculation, but what if Brett knows full and well that he's coming back next season and so does the FO, but they're just keeping this "will he wont he" game going on because it gives Favre and the vikes more publicity. but why would the VP of player personnel say something like that if he knew that everyone was wondering whether his pro-bowl QB was coming back or not.

I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist so if this just sounds dumb, forget about it and tell me i'm stupid. but, you have to admit it, its something to think about.

Prophet
03-12-2010, 08:47 AM
mad-dog_six-eight wrote:

this probably isnt the right forum to post this on, but i was too lazy to look around for the official brett favre thread.

i was listening to the Rick Spielman interview done by Paul Allen today and i heard something interesting.
Allen made a joke and said, "so what your saying is, Rick Spielman, Vice President of Player Personnel Minnesota Vikings, If we don't sign Ladanian, your gonna trade picks 1, 2 and 3 to get somebody to come in here and help right?"

after chuckling for a moment, Spielman said, "again i think we feel very confident about who we have, we have all our starters back, we have a lot of playmakers on the offense, ya know we're trying to fill in some of those role-type players...

now i know this is just dumb speculation, but what if Brett knows full and well that he's coming back next season and so does the FO, but they're just keeping this "will he wont he" game going on because it gives Favre and the vikes more publicity. but why would the VP of player personnel say something like that if he knew that everyone was wondering whether his pro-bowl QB was coming back or not.

I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist so if this just sounds dumb, forget about it and tell me i'm stupid. but, you have to admit it, its something to think about.

It's not that bad of a theory. In fact, I think it is correct, well, sort of. Childress was visiting Favre at his pad last week and Favre is on record after the NFCCG saying that he would let them know within two months. So, it is reasonable to speculate that Childress knows he's coming back and the FA/Draft will have one more smokescreen, albeit a weak one, in favor of the Vikings. It's no secret the Vikings still need a viable long-term solution at QB.

Regarding Spielman, he is a moron and anything that happens based on his words is purely due to serendipity.

Marrdro
03-12-2010, 08:51 AM
mad-dog_six-eight wrote:

There is a certain yutz on here who continually states that you should never believe anything you hear from FO pukes, Players and Coaches, especially this time of the year. ;)

As to your concern about the Noodle. That same yutz has repeatedly pointed out that he signed a two year contract for a reason.

slavinator
03-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Marrdro wrote:

mad-dog_six-eight wrote:

There is a certain yutz on here who continually states that you should never believe anything you hear from FO pukes, Players and Coaches, especially this time of the year. ;)

As to your concern about the Noodle. That same yutz has repeatedly pointed out that he signed a two year contract for a reason.

The only problem with the theory is that it also assumes Ray Edwards doesnt get signed away by someone else. I do believe however with regard to Favre that he is definitely coming back for one last dance. I think that everyone from Zygi down in the organization is aware of this unspoken acknoledgement, and are using it as subtrefuge.