PDA

View Full Version : Bryant McKinnie kicked out of Pro Bowl



Tad7
01-30-2010, 03:02 PM
AWOL Bryant McKinnie kicked out of Pro Bowl

McKinnie has shown up for only one meeting and even missed the team picture. Apparently, the Pro Bowl's least deserving player has been enjoying the South Beach night life a bit too much. If McKinnie didn't want to be there, he should have just bowed out like several of his teammates.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35160197/ns/sports-player_news/

Midge Resurrected
01-30-2010, 03:05 PM
What a douchebag.

Tad7
01-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Article from earlier:


Vikings' McKinnie was out clubbing

We mentioned yesterday that Bryant McKinnie was an unexcused absence from Friday's Pro Bowl practice and is subject to a fine. No reason was given at the time.

According to McKinnie's Twitter account (@bigmacvikings), the Vikings' left tackle was out clubbing at Miami's Mansion nightclub Thursday night and Friday morning.

"On the way 2 Mansion," McKinnie tweeted at 11:28 p.m. Thursday night. "Finna shut it down!" Apparently having arrived at the club, McKinnie tweeted at 12:06 a.m. Friday morning, "If u coming 2 Mansion 2nite u better hurry! Getting packed!"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/30/vikings-mckinnie-was-out-clubbing/


I'm surprised he's handled this so poorly. He could've just made an excuse to not play like half the players seem to do and it would've been just fine. Strange too because he seemed so proud when he got voted in.

V4L
01-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Fag.. I lost a ton of respect now

V4L
01-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Everywhere im seeing he was dismissed

On his twitter he claims he withdrew cuz it was a long season and he needs to heal

If he isn't gonna man up if its true than he is even a bigger POS

i_bleed_purple
01-30-2010, 03:28 PM
I really don't care. Ive lost respect for McKinnie over the past few years, but the probowl is a joke anyway. I really don't care.

Midge Resurrected
01-30-2010, 03:30 PM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

I really don't care. Ive lost respect for McKinnie over the past few years, but the probowl is a joke anyway. I really don't care.

I am normally a fan of the Pro Bowl and think it is a very fair event (only 86 players after all while all other All-Star games expand rosters).

But this season, with the Super Players out, and it being a week after the title games, so all those players are out ... it has pretty much become a joke. I mean David Garrard is in it for crying out loud.

oaklandzoo24
01-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Bryant McKinnie is by far one of the most overrated players in the NFL as it is. When he gets in trouble (not necessarily this) it really makes you wonder where his head is at. Kinda surprised he is still on the roster given his past predicaments and Chilly's "no nonsense" policies.

Freya
01-30-2010, 04:01 PM
oaklandzoo24 wrote:

Bryant McKinnie is by far one of the most overrated players in the NFL as it is. When he gets in trouble (not necessarily this) it really makes you wonder where his head is at. Kinda surprised he is still on the roster given his past predicaments and Chilly's "no nonsense" policies.

I would even venture to say that calling him overrated is an understatement! He is a joke. Apparently OFF the field, as well.

This doesn't surprise me at all and I agree with the questioning of why he is still on the roster considering all his mishaps on and off the field.

I was disappointed that he was chosen to play in the pro bowl if for no other reason that I would rather he not be considered a representative of the vikings at such an event. Bad example.

Message to Childress: Please get rid of him.

Midge Resurrected
01-30-2010, 04:07 PM
I know many people are clamoring for a S, QB, CB or DT in the first round of the draft ... but this clown and our O-line problems are part of the reason I would not mind seeing a tackle at all.

idahovikefan7
01-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Good, he didn't deserve it anyway.

Mr Anderson
01-30-2010, 04:40 PM
He claims to have withdrawn due to injuries.

Follow here:
http://twitter.com/bigmacvikings


Waiting for the league to corroborate one of these claims before I pass judgement.

vikinggreg
01-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Well at least he hasn't hit anyone with a poll..........yet ;)

If he's withdrawn and just forgotten to tell anyone else, it might be time for him to be traded to the Raiders.

LaBonBon
01-30-2010, 05:30 PM
This is sad. And very worrisome. Yet not surprising after such a bad loss. A sloppy loss. A "mean" loss. A most regretful loss. The kind of loss that breeds self-recriminations and doubts. At present the Vikings ship of state is rudderless and adrift in a sea of uncertainty. This is the moment for strong leadership. A crucial time to plot a course for a hopeful future. And it must be done before the players scatter to the winds for the offseason.

ejmat
01-30-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't think McKinnie deserved the probowl to begin with. I am extremely disappointed with him ever since he became a pro. I am a Miami Hurricane fan and was very happy when the Vikings drafted him. Then he held out his rookie season. He has done nothing but cause problems for the team. He let's his QB get hit and he is simply not the good. He has decent games here and there but other than that he doesn't. I actually thought he turned the corner last year as I was impressed with his play especially toward the end of the season. Then he regressed this year. I would not be heart broken if we traded his ass. Get someone that can actually be effective in pass blocking. I would rather have Artis Hicks there than McKinnie to be honest.

Mr Anderson
01-30-2010, 07:20 PM
ejmat wrote:

I don't think McKinnie deserved the probowl to begin with. I am extremely disappointed with him ever since he became a pro. I am a Miami Hurricane fan and was very happy when the Vikings drafted him. Then he held out his rookie season. He has done nothing but cause problems for the team. He let's his QB get hit and he is simply not the good. He has decent games here and there but other than that he doesn't. I actually thought he turned the corner last year as I was impressed with his play especially toward the end of the season. Then he regressed this year. I would not be heart broken if we traded his ass. Get someone that can actually be effective in pass blocking. I would rather have Artis Hicks there than McKinnie to be honest.
Artis Hicks is the worst player on our team. The only reason he's here is because he used to be an Eagle. He's also a guard. You're kidding yourself if you say you'd rather have him out there than McKinnie... who IMO, played better than people give him credit for this season.

I think with a little more pre-snap discipline he'd be superb. But we telegraph the run, which really gives the defense an advantage against the pass. It's like every down is a 3rd and long, we don't keep them honest, and if a good LT vs RDE has become a premiere matchup in the NFL, and with that kind of speed coming off the edge the least we can do is keep them honest. Don't let them pin their ears back and rush the QB.

Midge Resurrected
01-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

ejmat wrote:

I don't think McKinnie deserved the probowl to begin with. I am extremely disappointed with him ever since he became a pro. I am a Miami Hurricane fan and was very happy when the Vikings drafted him. Then he held out his rookie season. He has done nothing but cause problems for the team. He let's his QB get hit and he is simply not the good. He has decent games here and there but other than that he doesn't. I actually thought he turned the corner last year as I was impressed with his play especially toward the end of the season. Then he regressed this year. I would not be heart broken if we traded his ass. Get someone that can actually be effective in pass blocking. I would rather have Artis Hicks there than McKinnie to be honest.
Artis Hicks is the worst player on our team. The only reason he's here is because he used to be an Eagle. He's also a guard. You're kidding yourself if you say you'd rather have him out there than McKinnie... who IMO, played better than people give him credit for this season.

I think with a little more pre-snap discipline he'd be superb. But we telegraph the run, which really gives the defense an advantage against the pass. It's like every down is a 3rd and long, we don't keep them honest, and if a good LT vs RDE has become a premiere matchup in the NFL, and with that kind of speed coming off the edge the least we can do is keep them honest. Don't let them pin their ears back and rush the QB.

Definitely some great points. Hicks is definitely a struggle out there ... the problem with McKinnie is he leaves sooooooo much to be desired, because he COULD be dominant and he just isn't.

1hotchev
01-30-2010, 08:14 PM
for all the bragging I've done on McKinnie, he was an embarrassment this year, This is just the icing on the cake.

VikingMike
01-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Midge Resurrected wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

ejmat wrote:

I don't think McKinnie deserved the probowl to begin with. I am extremely disappointed with him ever since he became a pro. I am a Miami Hurricane fan and was very happy when the Vikings drafted him. Then he held out his rookie season. He has done nothing but cause problems for the team. He let's his QB get hit and he is simply not the good. He has decent games here and there but other than that he doesn't. I actually thought he turned the corner last year as I was impressed with his play especially toward the end of the season. Then he regressed this year. I would not be heart broken if we traded his ass. Get someone that can actually be effective in pass blocking. I would rather have Artis Hicks there than McKinnie to be honest.
Artis Hicks is the worst player on our team. The only reason he's here is because he used to be an Eagle. He's also a guard. You're kidding yourself if you say you'd rather have him out there than McKinnie... who IMO, played better than people give him credit for this season.

I think with a little more pre-snap discipline he'd be superb. But we telegraph the run, which really gives the defense an advantage against the pass. It's like every down is a 3rd and long, we don't keep them honest, and if a good LT vs RDE has become a premiere matchup in the NFL, and with that kind of speed coming off the edge the least we can do is keep them honest. Don't let them pin their ears back and rush the QB.

Definitely some great points. Hicks is definitely a struggle out there ... the problem with McKinnie is he leaves sooooooo much to be desired, because he COULD be dominant and he just isn't.


Hicks's only value is as a fill-in at G and T, not a starter on a regular basis. I'm not a big fan of McKinnie either, but good LT's are not very easy to come by. Should work on his footwork more...he gets killed by speed guys.

This instance is just another of the numerous embarrassing moments of his career...and an embarrassment to the organization.


Vikings OT McKinnie off NFC Pro Bowl team after missing practices (http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d8161494d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Chazz
01-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Why does this not surprise me

ejmat
01-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

ejmat wrote:

I don't think McKinnie deserved the probowl to begin with. I am extremely disappointed with him ever since he became a pro. I am a Miami Hurricane fan and was very happy when the Vikings drafted him. Then he held out his rookie season. He has done nothing but cause problems for the team. He let's his QB get hit and he is simply not the good. He has decent games here and there but other than that he doesn't. I actually thought he turned the corner last year as I was impressed with his play especially toward the end of the season. Then he regressed this year. I would not be heart broken if we traded his ass. Get someone that can actually be effective in pass blocking. I would rather have Artis Hicks there than McKinnie to be honest.
Artis Hicks is the worst player on our team. The only reason he's here is because he used to be an Eagle. He's also a guard. You're kidding yourself if you say you'd rather have him out there than McKinnie... who IMO, played better than people give him credit for this season.

I think with a little more pre-snap discipline he'd be superb. But we telegraph the run, which really gives the defense an advantage against the pass. It's like every down is a 3rd and long, we don't keep them honest, and if a good LT vs RDE has become a premiere matchup in the NFL, and with that kind of speed coming off the edge the least we can do is keep them honest. Don't let them pin their ears back and rush the QB.

First off I never said Hicks was that great. Second, he is NOT the worst player on the team. 3rd, my point was I would rather have Hicks out there because of McKinnie's actions. Not because he is better. I am not fooling myself. I am just tired of McKinnie's antics because he hasn't lived up to his potential and his off the field bullshit.

jmcdon00
01-30-2010, 10:55 PM
oaklandzoo24 wrote:

Bryant McKinnie is by far one of the most overrated players in the NFL as it is. When he gets in trouble (not necessarily this) it really makes you wonder where his head is at. Kinda surprised he is still on the roster given his past predicaments and Chilly's "no nonsense" policies.
Maybe he's just trying to get another raise.


On September 9, 2006, the NFL announced that it would fine McKinnie and fellow Viking Fred Smoot one game check for the incident. For McKinnie, the fine will amount to approximately $41,000 and should bring the matter to complete resolution. A day after the fine was levied, McKinnie was given a raise and a seven year extension of his contract worth $48 million.

What a joke.

triedandtruevikesfan
01-30-2010, 10:58 PM
He's too busy getting busy with the VH1 reality show girls.

BadlandsVikings
01-31-2010, 12:06 AM
He needs to unhook the plow and take the weights out of his shoes

oaklandzoo24
01-31-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm really starting to hope we can ship McKinnie off somewhere. He is arguably the most overrated OLineman in the game and from what I've seen and heard about him, football seems to be on the back burner for him. I looked up his label, Swagga Entertainment and dude seems like he's way more committed to this shit that the Vikes. He's a real big party animal, which i don't have a big problem with, but when it clearly affects your play and proves that you have these priorities that rank above your family and the team, I have a problem with that. You ain't gettin paid all that dough just to go out there and devote your life to some little boy gangsta fantasy.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpImyLc9oD8


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTE_lyX7-EQ

Get your mind right "Mac". And listen to "Pleasure" either you one fake ass dude talking bout smokin blunts and rollin Js or you needa keep that shit on the DL.

oaklandzoo24
01-31-2010, 12:25 AM
One other quick note on McKinnie cuz i got that fire burning right now...

You might not give a shit about your image but what you do reflects upon our organization. Think about the people giving you that money so you can get used by pricks like "Pretty Ricky". Clearly these people are only with you right now cause your pockets are carrying them around.

ultravikingfan
01-31-2010, 03:20 AM
Overpaid douche.

Get rid of this guy. He is too slow and does not have good footwork to play in the NFL.

whackthepack
01-31-2010, 07:25 AM
Said it for years - he sucks and has been a disappointment.


If they don't trade him at least move him to right tackle and move Loadholt to left at least our QB won't be blindsided as much.

ConnecticutViking
01-31-2010, 08:31 AM
OVERRATED! Left tackles are hard to find and we need help at right guard. Knowing that, I would love find a replacement, but that is doubtful since he just signed an extension.

kevoncox
01-31-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm one of the biggest Mac supporters because I feel he is a lot better than most of you guys think he is. However, this is a slap in the face. This is/was his first pro bowl and he cared nothing about it. Why not just pull out? What a dick. Have you guys thought about moving him to right guard? I think he could be dominant on the inside. He may not be able to pull as much but he has the size and strength to play in a limited space

Althought, I wouldn't mind us trading him. He's worst than Moss ever could be. Atleast Moss performed like a HOF.

CCthebest
01-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Nothing I can say that hasnt been said. I dont know how this slow footed, ungraceful player keeps making it to the pro bowl.

vikinggreg
01-31-2010, 10:21 AM
CCthebest wrote:

Nothing I can say that hasnt been said. I dont know how this slow footed, ungraceful player keeps making it to the pro bowl.

FYI
this was his first pro bowl

oaklandzoo24
01-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Kev theres no way we can move him to RG. Can you imagine having a 6'8" lineman in front of your vision the whole while while your in the pocket? Your QB would have to be at least the size of say Big Ben to even have a chance to accurately scan the field without having to avoid McKinnie in your sight. Theres a reason that the bigger/taller lineman typically play on the outside rather than C or G.

Its a nice thought though since he has talent and I hate to let the potential be wasted but it seems like he is not committed to this team or football in general.

oaklandzoo24
01-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Guards need to be big, but 6'8" could seriously be a problem IMO.

jessejames09
01-31-2010, 11:31 AM
Classic Big Mac "look at me I'm a giant turd" behavior. I'm sick of trying to pretend I like this goon because he's a Viking..

Holdout, love Boat, inconsistency, bouncer fight, now he goes to the pro-bowl merely for the free plane ticket.. He makes Randy Moss look like the pope.

CCthebest
01-31-2010, 11:51 AM
vikinggreg wrote:

CCthebest wrote:

Nothing I can say that hasnt been said. I dont know how this slow footed, ungraceful player keeps making it to the pro bowl.

FYI
this was his first pro bowl
Really? I thought this was his 3rd.

vikinggreg
01-31-2010, 11:54 AM
jessejames09 wrote:

Classic Big Mac "look at me I'm a giant turd" behavior. I'm sick of trying to pretend I like this goon because he's a Viking..

Holdout, love Boat, inconsistency, bouncer fight, now he goes to the pro-bowl merely for the free plane ticket.. He makes Randy Moss look like the pope.

+1

Its time to move him before he does something dumber and he has no trade value.

ultravikingfan
01-31-2010, 12:51 PM
CCthebest wrote:

vikinggreg wrote:

CCthebest wrote:

Nothing I can say that hasnt been said. I dont know how this slow footed, ungraceful player keeps making it to the pro bowl.

FYI
this was his first pro bowl
Really? I thought this was his 3rd.

First

AngloVike
01-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Ah my favourite subject - our lazy arse LT who is overrated by many and even considered by some to be an elite LT.
In that case let's ship him out and get the picks that go with an elite LT as within a year or so his value will drop. He's lived on the reputation he gained at Miami and done sod all since to warrant the hype that he generates with some.

If he didn't want to go to the Pro Bowl then decline the invitation but don't go and then act like a jerk.

C'mon Ziggy pull the trigger on a trade and get something for this poor excuse for an NFL player.

Minniman
01-31-2010, 03:48 PM
I have been saying for years that McKinnie needs to have an offseason program to help his footwork and get him to a playing weight of 315. He is listed at 335, like when ... the last day of two-a-days drills in Mankato?

Anyway, this is just one more sign of how great he thinks he is and how his homeys keep his mind on other things outside of football.

Dude, you can rap like Jack or shit, and Jack just left town.

jargomcfargo
01-31-2010, 04:28 PM
I don't think he grasps or embraces the concept of professionalism.

He appears to be lazy. Doesn't finish blocks. Lacks concentration. Is inconsistant.

At least Herrera, who I consider the worst lineman we have, finishes his blocks.

You can bet Zygi is going to at least, entertain shopping a trade.

I think Loadholt would be a good LT. Though not easy, we can find a RT, providing we could get something worthwhile for McKinnie.

enlvikeman
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm sick of the thug and would be more than happy to move on without him....even if it were to hurt the team (addition by subtraction)

singersp
01-31-2010, 05:33 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/smilies/asshat.jpg

singersp
01-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Mr Anderson wrote:

He claims to have withdrawn due to injuries.

Follow here:
http://twitter.com/bigmacvikings


Waiting for the league to corroborate one of these claims before I pass judgement.

He can claim what he wants, but it's all bullshit. Did he get injured somehow between his Pro Bowl paid free flight to Miami & the first practice?

If healing was his reason, he should have declined 2 weeks ago & not taken the plane to Miami.

oaklandzoo24
01-31-2010, 05:57 PM
singersp wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

He claims to have withdrawn due to injuries.

Follow here:
http://twitter.com/bigmacvikings


Waiting for the league to corroborate one of these claims before I pass judgement.

He can claim what he wants, but it's all bullshit. Did he get injured somehow between his Pro Bowl paid free flight to Miami & the first practice?

If healing was his reason, he should have declined 2 weeks ago & not taken the plane to Miami.

Exactly. That is why it is clearly not due to injury that he was dismissed. Think about it for a sec. I mean this guy is a self-proclaimed party animal. He spends his dough on jets and chicks so he can get everyones attention. Then this probowl is held in Miami, where he went to college might I add, and he's claiming he is resting and healing his wounds. Fuck that. He's out in clubs paying homage to Pacman by blowing all that money that our organization gives him. This dude just doesn't get it. None of those girls you see with him are there cause he's a "gentle giant" or nice guy. He's spending his dough on hos and blows. How bout pushing your money towards Haiti or something meaningful instead of your label with fuckin pretty ricky that ain't ever gonna take off no matter how many millions you puttin into it. There's people on this planet who could live their lives off the bills that you stuffin down those pants in one night. You got it made but i know crack addicts that have more self-respect than you.

I know it may just be the probowl this time but this type of shit been going on long enough with him. For me, this is the last straw.

And I ain't anti-partying or clubbing cuz I love the nightlife too but this shit is a refection on an organization that has long been trying to clean up its image.

singersp
01-31-2010, 06:04 PM
oaklandzoo24 wrote:

singersp wrote:

Mr Anderson wrote:

He claims to have withdrawn due to injuries.

Follow here:
http://twitter.com/bigmacvikings


Waiting for the league to corroborate one of these claims before I pass judgement.

He can claim what he wants, but it's all bullshit. Did he get injured somehow between his Pro Bowl paid free flight to Miami & the first practice?

If healing was his reason, he should have declined 2 weeks ago & not taken the plane to Miami.

Exactly. That is why it is clearly not due to injury that he was dismissed. Think about it for a sec. I mean this guy is a self-proclaimed party animal. He spends his dough on jets and chicks so he can get everyones attention. Then this probowl is held in Miami, where he went to college might I add, and he's claiming he is resting and healing his wounds. Fuck that. He's out in clubs paying homage to Pacman by blowing all that money that our organization gives him. This dude just doesn't get it. None of those girls you see with him are there cause he's a "gentle giant" or nice guy. He's spending his dough on hos and blows. How bout pushing your money towards Haiti or something meaningful instead of your label with fuckin pretty ricky that ain't ever gonna take off no matter how many millions you puttin into it. There's people on this planet who could live their lives off the bills that you stuffin down those pants in one night. You got it made but i know crack addicts that have more self-respect than you.

I know it may just be the probowl this time but this type of shit been going on long enough with him. For me, this is the last straw.

And I ain't anti-partying or clubbing cuz I love the nightlife too but this shit is a refection on an organization that has long been trying to clean up its image.

I wonder if there's any good looking ho's in Haiti?

mountainviking
01-31-2010, 07:58 PM
What a Turd. No respect. F'n his teammates so he can party. If thats what he wanted, he coulda done it up front and bought his own ticket...he sure makes plenty! I was ready to trade him awhile ago. Now, it may be too late. Do you think somebody like BUF is desperate enough to give us a 2nd? I'm a big fan of 2nd round picks! ;)

The worst thing, is that when he's focused, he can dominate, but he isn't focused often!

oaklandzoo24
01-31-2010, 08:36 PM
Trade him within the division so JA can get his sack count up.

ejmat
01-31-2010, 10:13 PM
oaklandzoo24 wrote:

Trade him within the division so JA can get his sack count up.

That has to be the best post EVER!

ThorSPL
02-01-2010, 09:18 AM
oaklandzoo24 wrote:

Trade him within the division so JA can get his sack count up.

That's a classic post.

BleedinPandG
02-01-2010, 09:40 AM
It's the offseason, he can do whatever the floop he wants IMO. Was it a poor decision not to simply opt out like so many others versus showing up and then skipping out? Probably, but really, it's the Pro Bowl, who cares? It's like saying you're going to your company's Christmas party and they deciding that night you'd rather stay home and watch TV.

He kept his nose clean the entire season... didn't hear anything bad about his work ethic or any off the field antics... I have no big issue with this and think people are blowing it way out of proportion. He can party all he wants on his time as long as he's ready for OTAs and TC.

ejmat
02-01-2010, 09:50 AM
BleedinPandG wrote:

It's the offseason, he can do whatever the floop he wants IMO. Was it a poor decision not to simply opt out like so many others versus showing up and then skipping out? Probably, but really, it's the Pro Bowl, who cares? It's like saying you're going to your company's Christmas party and they deciding that night you'd rather stay home and watch TV.

He kept his nose clean the entire season... didn't hear anything bad about his work ethic or any off the field antics... I have no big issue with this and think people are blowing it way out of proportion. He can party all he wants on his time as long as he's ready for OTAs and TC.

Really? How about the fact he was benched for poor play? You may not care but his work ethic is highlighted this week. He has let down his probowl teammates and also represents the Vikings. If you are okay with that then that is your opinion. IMO he misrepresents the Viking franchise as shows exactly why he hasn't lived up to his full potential as an NFL player.

Zeus
02-01-2010, 09:51 AM
BleedinPandG wrote:

It's the offseason, he can do whatever the floop he wants IMO. Was it a poor decision not to simply opt out like so many others versus showing up and then skipping out? Probably, but really, it's the Pro Bowl, who cares? It's like saying you're going to your company's Christmas party and they deciding that night you'd rather stay home and watch TV.

He kept his nose clean the entire season... didn't hear anything bad about his work ethic or any off the field antics... I have no big issue with this and think people are blowing it way out of proportion. He can party all he wants on his time as long as he's ready for OTAs and TC.

There's a way to be a professional and there's a way to be a jackass. McKinnie (after using Twitter to lobby for Pro Bowl votes, BTW) chose the way of the jackass.

=Z=

BleedinPandG
02-01-2010, 10:29 AM
ejmat wrote:

BleedinPandG wrote:

It's the offseason, he can do whatever the floop he wants IMO. Was it a poor decision not to simply opt out like so many others versus showing up and then skipping out? Probably, but really, it's the Pro Bowl, who cares? It's like saying you're going to your company's Christmas party and they deciding that night you'd rather stay home and watch TV.

He kept his nose clean the entire season... didn't hear anything bad about his work ethic or any off the field antics... I have no big issue with this and think people are blowing it way out of proportion. He can party all he wants on his time as long as he's ready for OTAs and TC.

Really? How about the fact he was benched for poor play? You may not care but his work ethic is highlighted this week. He has let down his probowl teammates and also represents the Vikings. If you are okay with that then that is your opinion. IMO he misrepresents the Viking franchise as shows exactly why he hasn't lived up to his full potential as an NFL player.

I'm not sure what getting benched has to do with keeping his nose clean but he did have a rough time of it with Peppers, no question... frankly though, overall, I thought he had a decent year. Could he do better? Sure but frankly, I'm not sure what "potential" everyone seems to believe he's going to achieve.

As for his "team mates"... his team is the Vikings, not the "NFC"... frankly, I couldn't give a damn about that team.

As to his actions speaking for the Vikings... I don't see that... the Vikings have plenty of others there and playing. His actions reflect only on himself.

BleedinPandG
02-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Zeus wrote:

BleedinPandG wrote:

It's the offseason, he can do whatever the floop he wants IMO. Was it a poor decision not to simply opt out like so many others versus showing up and then skipping out? Probably, but really, it's the Pro Bowl, who cares? It's like saying you're going to your company's Christmas party and they deciding that night you'd rather stay home and watch TV.

He kept his nose clean the entire season... didn't hear anything bad about his work ethic or any off the field antics... I have no big issue with this and think people are blowing it way out of proportion. He can party all he wants on his time as long as he's ready for OTAs and TC.

There's a way to be a professional and there's a way to be a jackass. McKinnie (after using Twitter to lobby for Pro Bowl votes, BTW) chose the way of the jackass.

=Z=

There's no question, he's a jackass... but Kirby Puckett is a wife beater... what are you going to do? I learned long ago you need to separate the athlete on the field from the man off the field. I hold very few athletes as heros because I have a hard time separating the two, especially in what I consider a hero or a role model... but I can respect what a person does between the white lines regardless of what he does outside of them.

What McK did in Florida in no way impacts the Minnesota Vikings or the 2010 season so frankly, I couldn't care less. As long as he's ready to support his team, the Vikings, come OTAs and TC, he can rock n roll all night and party all day.

Freya
02-01-2010, 10:51 AM
BleedinPandG wrote:

Zeus wrote:

BleedinPandG wrote:

It's the offseason, he can do whatever the floop he wants IMO. Was it a poor decision not to simply opt out like so many others versus showing up and then skipping out? Probably, but really, it's the Pro Bowl, who cares? It's like saying you're going to your company's Christmas party and they deciding that night you'd rather stay home and watch TV.

He kept his nose clean the entire season... didn't hear anything bad about his work ethic or any off the field antics... I have no big issue with this and think people are blowing it way out of proportion. He can party all he wants on his time as long as he's ready for OTAs and TC.

There's a way to be a professional and there's a way to be a jackass. McKinnie (after using Twitter to lobby for Pro Bowl votes, BTW) chose the way of the jackass.

=Z=

There's no question, he's a jackass... but Kirby Puckett is a wife beater... what are you going to do? I learned long ago you need to separate the athlete on the field from the man off the field. I hold very few athletes as heros because I have a hard time separating the two, especially in what I consider a hero or a role model... but I can respect what a person does between the white lines regardless of what he does outside of them.

What McK did in Florida in no way impacts the Minnesota Vikings or the 2010 season so frankly, I couldn't care less. As long as he's ready to support his team, the Vikings, come OTAs and TC, he can rock n roll all night and party all day.

Wow.
Just out of curiosity, does your lack of concern for what a player does off the field extend to their use of illegal substances or juicing up? Do you still respect their "between the white lines" play under those circumstances as well?

Also, do you think that the love boat incident had no impact on the Minnesota Vikings as a team? Certainly you must have paid attention to how long it took for the talking heads to stop bringing that up when the Vikings were the topic of conversation. Yeah, baby......rock and roll! LMAO

The Pro Bowl (regardless of what some of us think about it's validity) is considered honor for a football player. To figuratively spit on it is bad form. McKinney needs to go.

BleedinPandG
02-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Freya wrote:


Wow.
Just out of curiosity, does your lack of concern for what a player does off the field extend to their use of illegal substances or juicing up? Do you still respect their "between the white lines" play under those circumstances as well?

Also, do you think that the love boat incident had no impact on the Minnesota Vikings as a team? Certainly you must have paid attention to how long it took for the talking heads to stop bringing that up when the Vikings were the topic of conversation. Yeah, baby......rock and roll! LMAO

The Pro Bowl (regardless of what some of us think about it's validity) is considered honor for a football player. To figuratively spit on it is bad form. McKinney needs to go.

Illegal substances affect what happens between the white lines, affects the team through suspensions, so yes, that I care about. But if he's an alcoholic who sleeps with underage women, strippers, or some combination there of? Not really, as long as he doesn't get arrested (well, more importantly jail time that affects practice) or suspended.

The love boat affected the fan base in MN but it didn't affect the team's ability to win, either did Meathead selling his SB tickets. If you're hypersensitive to what the talking head's have to say then you may have felt some pain but I tend to ignore them. We lost no draft picks in the ordeal so it was PR, not performance that was hurt.

As for your assertation that the Pro Bowl is considered an "honor" for football players... I'd call that blatantly false... if it was truly an honor, we wouldn't have 4th alternates playing the game because the first 6 guys all made an excuse to skip it. Sure, some may see it as an honor, but that is by no means a resonding majority. I happen to think it's a joke... it appears McK agrees with me.

Again, he's a jackass, but so what... have you ever heard Phat Pat talk? That man couldn't put together 2 intelligent syllables if you spotted him the first one. He is by all measures of intellect, a complete idiot... but hey, he plays ball well, and that's what matters.

Athletes aren't paid to be role models and generally speaking, make very poor role models. To become a professional athlete it's generally an all or nothing proposition. They've sacrificied their education through high school and college to prepare. They've generally been worshipped at such at a level through both experiences that all trace of humility has been stripped away. The popularity has brought temptations of drugs, money, and women that create addicts with little self control and next to no responsibility. These guys don't know how to act like normal human beings because they have not gone through the normal process of becoming an adult. Why on earth are we surprised when these athletes show their immaturity? People like Kurt Warner need to be celebrated as the exception, not the standard, because what he is IS the exception and it IS exceptional by any standard.

marstc09
02-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Not sure what to think about this but his play needs to get better. He is way too inconsistent.

We are going to need him next year if Favre comes back. It just seems like he does not take football seriously.

ejmat
02-01-2010, 11:35 AM
BleedinPandG wrote:

Freya wrote:


Wow.
Just out of curiosity, does your lack of concern for what a player does off the field extend to their use of illegal substances or juicing up? Do you still respect their "between the white lines" play under those circumstances as well?

Also, do you think that the love boat incident had no impact on the Minnesota Vikings as a team? Certainly you must have paid attention to how long it took for the talking heads to stop bringing that up when the Vikings were the topic of conversation. Yeah, baby......rock and roll! LMAO

The Pro Bowl (regardless of what some of us think about it's validity) is considered honor for a football player. To figuratively spit on it is bad form. McKinney needs to go.

Illegal substances affect what happens between the white lines, affects the team through suspensions, so yes, that I care about. But if he's an alcoholic who sleeps with underage women, strippers, or some combination there of? Not really, as long as he doesn't get arrested (well, more importantly jail time that affects practice) or suspended.

The love boat affected the fan base in MN but it didn't affect the team's ability to win, either did Meathead selling his SB tickets. If you're hypersensitive to what the talking head's have to say then you may have felt some pain but I tend to ignore them. We lost no draft picks in the ordeal so it was PR, not performance that was hurt.

As for your assertation that the Pro Bowl is considered an "honor" for football players... I'd call that blatantly false... if it was truly an honor, we wouldn't have 4th alternates playing the game because the first 6 guys all made an excuse to skip it. Sure, some may see it as an honor, but that is by no means a resonding majority. I happen to think it's a joke... it appears McK agrees with me.

Again, he's a jackass, but so what... have you ever heard Phat Pat talk? That man couldn't put together 2 intelligent syllables if you spotted him the first one. He is by all measures of intellect, a complete idiot... but hey, he plays ball well, and that's what matters.

Athletes aren't paid to be role models and generally speaking, make very poor role models. To become a professional athlete it's generally an all or nothing proposition. They've sacrificied their education through high school and college to prepare. They've generally been worshipped at such at a level through both experiences that all trace of humility has been stripped away. The popularity has brought temptations of drugs, money, and women that create addicts with little self control and next to no responsibility. These guys don't know how to act like normal human beings because they have not gone through the normal process of becoming an adult. Why on earth are we surprised when these athletes show their immaturity? People like Kurt Warner need to be celebrated as the exception, not the standard, because what he is IS the exception and it IS exceptional by any standard.

So basically unless the guy gets caught then it's no big deal according to you. Okay!

Now as to what he does on the field. The fact is he is over-rated. Whether you want to agree or not he is. He has the capabilities of being dominate. The fact that he is inconsistent on every facet whether it be run or pass blocking shows his lack of work ethic. He does decent run blocking but his pass blocking quite frankly stinks at times especially against quicker DEs.

Off the field - what he did this week you may not care about. However, yes it does bring a negative outlook on the organization. No, it doesn't have an affect of whether or not the Vikings win games. However it is still viewed to many people as a negative. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Maybe. Because I will bet you Ztgi, Childress and the FO will be meeting about this. Let's go back to other off the field issues that were previsouly brought up. The Love Boat incident. Yes it affected the team negatively for a while. How about being suspended 4 games for misconduct? How about having a metal pole with the intention to physically hit somebody with it? Yeah he is real clean cut. The guy is an ass. He has been ever since he came in the league. I really thought he turned the corner last year but he regressed right back this year. He did not have a good year at all. Maybe a couple of decent games and that is about it. That stems from his work ethics (or lack there of) and that was clearly shown this past week. His priorities are clearly not football which he is being paid to do. His JOB this week was to attend practices and team meetings. He failed to do that. Someone in my company does that they get terminated as would most companies.

Part of being a professional athelete is good work ethic just as it is in most professions. The fact this guy gets paid a lot fo money to do what he does givess him the obligation to make it his priority to be the best he can be. He doesn't do that.

i_bleed_purple
02-01-2010, 11:38 AM
My question for all of you who want him gone. What do you replace him with? Hicks? HA!

you might not want to admit it, but he's an alright player. Not an elite LT like some thing, but he's alright. He struggles against a certain type of player, part of it though has to do with the Scheme I think, and Brad's refusal to have someone help him out. When teams go up against allen, he gets double or triple teamed. McKinnie is left on an island alot of the time, and he takes a bad rap for it.

As for his off-field antcits. this doesn't bother me. If we drop him over this, I will actually lose my faith in the coaching staff. Maybe trade him for another LT who's got potential, but we can't just be dumping him off for picks. Good LT's go high in the draft, taking one later will have a massive learning curve to an already shaky OL.

BleedinPandG
02-01-2010, 11:38 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Not sure what to think about this but his play needs to get better. He is way too inconsistent.

We are going to need him next year if Favre comes back. It just seems like he does not take football seriously.

So the next time you're partying on vacation in Cabo Cabo sporting your hawaiin shirt, sandles showing off your farmer tan, drunk off your ass, holding a beer, wearing a sombraro, with 3 topless chicks hanging off you and shaking their tatas... do you expect your boss to look at a photo of that and say "this guy doesn't take his job seriously"... or "nice tatas"???

Football season is over for the Vikings... what he does between now and OTAs in no way reflects how "serious" he is about his job.

BleedinPandG
02-01-2010, 11:47 AM
ejmat wrote:


So basically unless the guy gets caught then it's no big deal according to you. Okay!

Now as to what he does on the field. The fact is he is over-rated. Whether you want to agree or not he is. He has the capabilities of being dominate. The fact that he is inconsistent on every facet whether it be run or pass blocking shows his lack of work ethic. He does decent run blocking but his pass blocking quite frankly stinks at times especially against quicker DEs.

Off the field - what he did this week you may not care about. However, yes it does bring a negative outlook on the organization. No, it doesn't have an affect of whether or not the Vikings win games. However it is still viewed to many people as a negative. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Maybe. Because I will bet you Ztgi, Childress and the FO will be meeting about this. Let's go back to other off the field issues that were previsouly brought up. The Love Boat incident. Yes it affected the team negatively for a while. How about being suspended 4 games for misconduct? How about having a metal pole with the intention to physically hit somebody with it? Yeah he is real clean cut. The guy is an ass. He has been ever since he came in the league. I really thought he turned the corner last year but he regressed right back this year. He did not have a good year at all. Maybe a couple of decent games and that is about it. That stems from his work ethics (or lack there of) and that was clearly shown this past week. His priorities are clearly not football which he is being paid to do. His JOB this week was to attend practices and team meetings. He failed to do that. Someone in my company does that they get terminated as would most companies.

Part of being a professional athelete is good work ethic just as it is in most professions. The fact this guy gets paid a lot fo money to do what he does givess him the obligation to make it his priority to be the best he can be. He doesn't do that.

Gets caught doing what? There's been no indication from what I've seen that anything he was doing was illegal, he's not proceeding "at risk" which I would have issues with. He's enjoying himself in perfectly legal ways if his free time.

Again, you speak of his "capabilities"... what capabilities? He's big... he's slow... what makes you believe he can get better? Maybe he's at his peak? What comparison or metric are you using to believe he's underachieving anything due to work ethic?

He has had problems in the past, he was punished for them, lets move on. As I said, he kept his nose clean this season and this does nothing to change that. As for this being his "job"... no, this was volunteer work... sure, he would have been compensated for completing it, but that doesn't make it a job... whether he wanted to show up or not was voluntary as evident by how many "opted" out. He definitely could have handled it better but I'm sure there are many situations in all of our lives we could have handled better.

Being a professional athlete means you are paid to play, nothing more... just look at the likes of Babe Ruth. Times may have changed but the fact is, if you're good enough, your work ethic doesn't mean squat because you're compensated for performance, not effort. Surely you don't believe the Vikings should fill the roster with a bunch of guys just because they "try hard", do you?

Brett Favre and Percy Harvin were watching American Idol while they were supposed to be "studying" for the NFCC... where was the outcry from that? Hell, that happened when football still meant something to the Vikings!

i_bleed_purple
02-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Its another example of everyone here being gods little gift to humanity. They clearly have never made a mistake in their life.

If there's one person who has NEVER, been late for a meeting, gone clubbing, gotten in a fight, drove while intoxicated, done ANYTHING illegal at all in their life, or made any mistake whatsoever, by all means, please speak up, I'd love to hear your opinion. I don't think anybody else really can say what a douche he is for enjoying himself on his free time.

marstc09
02-01-2010, 11:51 AM
BleedinPandG wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Not sure what to think about this but his play needs to get better. He is way too inconsistent.

We are going to need him next year if Favre comes back. It just seems like he does not take football seriously.

So the next time you're partying on vacation in Cabo Cabo sporting your hawaiin shirt, sandles showing off your farmer tan, drunk off your ass, holding a beer, wearing a sombraro, with 3 topless chicks hanging off you and shaking their tatas... do you expect your boss to look at a photo of that and say "this guy doesn't take his job seriously"... or "nice tatas"???

Football season is over for the Vikings... what he does between now and OTAs in no way reflects how "serious" he is about his job.

If this was the first time he did something stupid I would agree with you but the fact is he has done a lot of stupid shit.

Look at it this way, if you just got a nice recognition for your performance at your job and you missed a bunch of shit because you were drunk and being a jackass, your boss would think differently of you.

Sorry I just don't see your side of it.

Zeus
02-01-2010, 11:59 AM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

Its another example of everyone here being gods little gift to humanity. They clearly have never made a mistake in their life.

If there's one person who has NEVER, been late for a meeting, gone clubbing, gotten in a fight, drove while intoxicated, done ANYTHING illegal at all in their life, or made any mistake whatsoever, by all means, please speak up, I'd love to hear your opinion. I don't think anybody else really can say what a douche he is for enjoying himself on his free time.

If my boss or place of work sent me to an event where I was representing him/her and my employer, I know I would actually show up for the event and act in a professional manner, rather than blowing it off and partying.

That's my issue. He campaigned for a spot and then blew it off once there.

=Z=

ejmat
02-01-2010, 12:04 PM
BleedinPandG wrote:

ejmat wrote:


So basically unless the guy gets caught then it's no big deal according to you. Okay!

Now as to what he does on the field. The fact is he is over-rated. Whether you want to agree or not he is. He has the capabilities of being dominate. The fact that he is inconsistent on every facet whether it be run or pass blocking shows his lack of work ethic. He does decent run blocking but his pass blocking quite frankly stinks at times especially against quicker DEs.

Off the field - what he did this week you may not care about. However, yes it does bring a negative outlook on the organization. No, it doesn't have an affect of whether or not the Vikings win games. However it is still viewed to many people as a negative. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Maybe. Because I will bet you Ztgi, Childress and the FO will be meeting about this. Let's go back to other off the field issues that were previsouly brought up. The Love Boat incident. Yes it affected the team negatively for a while. How about being suspended 4 games for misconduct? How about having a metal pole with the intention to physically hit somebody with it? Yeah he is real clean cut. The guy is an ass. He has been ever since he came in the league. I really thought he turned the corner last year but he regressed right back this year. He did not have a good year at all. Maybe a couple of decent games and that is about it. That stems from his work ethics (or lack there of) and that was clearly shown this past week. His priorities are clearly not football which he is being paid to do. His JOB this week was to attend practices and team meetings. He failed to do that. Someone in my company does that they get terminated as would most companies.

Part of being a professional athelete is good work ethic just as it is in most professions. The fact this guy gets paid a lot fo money to do what he does givess him the obligation to make it his priority to be the best he can be. He doesn't do that.

Gets caught doing what? There's been no indication from what I've seen that anything he was doing was illegal, he's not proceeding "at risk" which I would have issues with. He's enjoying himself in perfectly legal ways if his free time.

Again, you speak of his "capabilities"... what capabilities? He's big... he's slow... what makes you believe he can get better? Maybe he's at his peak? What comparison or metric are you using to believe he's underachieving anything due to work ethic?

He has had problems in the past, he was punished for them, lets move on. As I said, he kept his nose clean this season and this does nothing to change that. As for this being his "job"... no, this was volunteer work... sure, he would have been compensated for completing it, but that doesn't make it a job... whether he wanted to show up or not was voluntary as evident by how many "opted" out. He definitely could have handled it better but I'm sure there are many situations in all of our lives we could have handled better.

Being a professional athlete means you are paid to play, nothing more... just look at the likes of Babe Ruth. Times may have changed but the fact is, if you're good enough, your work ethic doesn't mean squat because you're compensated for performance, not effort. Surely you don't believe the Vikings should fill the roster with a bunch of guys just because they "try hard", do you?

Brett Favre and Percy Harvin were watching American Idol while they were supposed to be "studying" for the NFCC... where was the outcry from that? Hell, that happened when football still meant something to the Vikings!

What metrics will I use? I'll use the fact he never had a sack against him in collegiate football. That would consider someone a very talented player that has high expectations as a professional. How about the fact he has wanted or thought he should have made the probowl before? I would say that's quite huge shoes to fill exspecially someone that under achieves.

You say it's not his job? Really? Is he getting paid to be on the probowl team? Yes he is. That makes it his job. Why would you think he will be fined because of it? Because it IS his job. The people that opted out, opted out voluntarily before going. McKinnie thought it be okay to see what he can get away with and was "KICKED OFF" the team. There is a difference.

What I stated about getting caught was in response to this paragraph of your previous post "But if he's an alcoholic who sleeps with underage women, strippers, or some combination there of? Not really, as long as he doesn't get arrested (well, more importantly jail time that affects practice) or suspended."

ejmat
02-01-2010, 12:08 PM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

Its another example of everyone here being gods little gift to humanity. They clearly have never made a mistake in their life.

If there's one person who has NEVER, been late for a meeting, gone clubbing, gotten in a fight, drove while intoxicated, done ANYTHING illegal at all in their life, or made any mistake whatsoever, by all means, please speak up, I'd love to hear your opinion. I don't think anybody else really can say what a douche he is for enjoying himself on his free time.

That is not the point and not is what is being discussed. He can enjoy himself all he wants on his free time. The fact of the matter is he let his free time affect his non free time (i.e. attend meetings, practices, etc...) in which he was chosen to do and committed to. He was being paid to play as a probowl tackle. It is his job. If he would have opted out and said I really don't want to be a part of the team it would be different. He didn't. In fact, he wanted to play. His off the field antics now prevented him from playing. If you don't think this will affent anything, wait and see if he is ever selected to go to another probowl.

mountainviking
02-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Its not so much what he did, but how he did it. He told them he'd be there and then skipped out leaving the NFC team short one OT. So he wants to go party, cool. Just don't promise to do something where you have people relying on you and then blow it off last minute cuz you'd rather get drunk.


Sure, the probowl don't matter spit to a lot of folks, and, its not "all his team," but the fact remains that he should have been playing next to Hutch and in front of Peterson, who are his friggin teammates!

Just one more in a long line of bad decisions.

snowinapril
02-01-2010, 12:52 PM
This just goes to show you how irresponsible he is. Be an adult and at the very least, say you don't want to play and let the NCF Team get another person to take your spot.

It is embarrassing to the Vikings to have someone like that that says this game is a joke, the time it took us to vote him in is a joke and not worth his time and effort to show up.

I would like to trade the guy partially based on performance, partially based on previous incidents and partially based on this incident.

Trade him and get a guy in here that has a work ethic and a concept of being part of something else, a team.

It won't hurt my feelings to have him back next year but I am just saying that it might be time to part ways for the team, the Vikings.

JMHO!

i_bleed_purple
02-01-2010, 12:54 PM
check out big mac's twitter page: http://twitter.com/bigmacvikings

look like all the hate is fueling him. Hopefully in a "motivate me to kick ass next season" way though, and not in a "gonna go smack a bouncer with a pole" way

DiehardVikesFan
02-01-2010, 12:58 PM
BleedinPandG wrote:

ejmat wrote:


So basically unless the guy gets caught then it's no big deal according to you. Okay!

Now as to what he does on the field. The fact is he is over-rated. Whether you want to agree or not he is. He has the capabilities of being dominate. The fact that he is inconsistent on every facet whether it be run or pass blocking shows his lack of work ethic. He does decent run blocking but his pass blocking quite frankly stinks at times especially against quicker DEs.

Off the field - what he did this week you may not care about. However, yes it does bring a negative outlook on the organization. No, it doesn't have an affect of whether or not the Vikings win games. However it is still viewed to many people as a negative. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Maybe. Because I will bet you Ztgi, Childress and the FO will be meeting about this. Let's go back to other off the field issues that were previsouly brought up. The Love Boat incident. Yes it affected the team negatively for a while. How about being suspended 4 games for misconduct? How about having a metal pole with the intention to physically hit somebody with it? Yeah he is real clean cut. The guy is an ass. He has been ever since he came in the league. I really thought he turned the corner last year but he regressed right back this year. He did not have a good year at all. Maybe a couple of decent games and that is about it. That stems from his work ethics (or lack there of) and that was clearly shown this past week. His priorities are clearly not football which he is being paid to do. His JOB this week was to attend practices and team meetings. He failed to do that. Someone in my company does that they get terminated as would most companies.

Part of being a professional athelete is good work ethic just as it is in most professions. The fact this guy gets paid a lot fo money to do what he does givess him the obligation to make it his priority to be the best he can be. He doesn't do that.

Gets caught doing what? There's been no indication from what I've seen that anything he was doing was illegal, he's not proceeding "at risk" which I would have issues with. He's enjoying himself in perfectly legal ways if his free time.

Again, you speak of his "capabilities"... what capabilities? He's big... he's slow... what makes you believe he can get better? Maybe he's at his peak? What comparison or metric are you using to believe he's underachieving anything due to work ethic?

He has had problems in the past, he was punished for them, lets move on. As I said, he kept his nose clean this season and this does nothing to change that. As for this being his "job"... no, this was volunteer work... sure, he would have been compensated for completing it, but that doesn't make it a job... whether he wanted to show up or not was voluntary as evident by how many "opted" out. He definitely could have handled it better but I'm sure there are many situations in all of our lives we could have handled better.

Being a professional athlete means you are paid to play, nothing more... just look at the likes of Babe Ruth. Times may have changed but the fact is, if you're good enough, your work ethic doesn't mean squat because you're compensated for performance, not effort. Surely you don't believe the Vikings should fill the roster with a bunch of guys just because they "try hard", do you?

Brett Favre and Percy Harvin were watching American Idol while they were supposed to be "studying" for the NFCC... where was the outcry from that? Hell, that happened when football still meant something to the Vikings!

Being 340 pounds you'd expect him to be able to run block. But he sucks. We lead the league in run plays for 0 or less yards this year and he was a big part of it.

Big Matt
02-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Zeus wrote:


If my boss or place of work sent me to an event where I was representing him/her and my employer, I know I would actually show up for the event and act in a professional manner, rather than blowing it off and partying.

That's my issue. He campaigned for a spot and then blew it off once there.

=Z=
+1

ejmat
02-01-2010, 01:04 PM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

check out big mac's twitter page: http://twitter.com/bigmacvikings

look like all the hate is fueling him. Hopefully in a "motivate me to kick ass next season" way though, and not in a "gonna go smack a bouncer with a pole" way

LOL IBP. We can only hope so.

Prophet
02-01-2010, 02:55 PM
That love boat pole wielding probowl ousted bastard can slit his wrists and jump into the bermuda triangle for all I care. Fuck that slow overrated bastard, toss him into the market and grab what you can get for him.

oaklandzoo24
02-01-2010, 03:54 PM
IMO athletes know damn well what comes with being a professional athlete. You are getting paid millions and millions of dollars to play your best (he has not done), be classy as you are a figurehead of the organization that is paying you this absurd amount of money (has not done), and to respect your coaches, officials, owners, teammates, and the NFL as a whole. When the NFL offers you an opportunity to go to the pro bowl, it is an honor (not to mention you get additional $$$) and while it is ok to decline you do not make a disgrace of the honor and decide to make a mockery of the trip. When you get paid as much as McKinney, football needs to be the priority just below your family and faith. Partying should not be coming before football and your job. If he declined and decided to go partying that is fine, but if you commit to going and then make a mockery of the event, that is just poor actions and judgement.

AngloVike
02-01-2010, 04:20 PM
the only way to motivate that tub of lard would be to fix a fishing pole to his helmet with a burger/night club VIP pass dangling in front of his face :woohoo:

Marrdro
02-05-2010, 11:29 AM
McKinnie downplays Pro Bowl dismissal (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/04/mckinnie-downplays-pro-bowl-dismissal/)