PDA

View Full Version : Heartbreaker.........

VikesSince74
01-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Though I don't post often here, I do stop in almost every day to read the threads.

This game was a heart breaker................... We beat the Ain'ts in every aspect except turnovers, there we beat ourselves. Like my user name says, I've been a fan of this franchise for 36 years. And for 36 years it's always the same old story, heartbreak.....

It's sad to know that professional football is going the way of professional baseball, we don't have dynasties anymore so the chances of a repeat season like we had this year is unlikely.

I wish I would have participated more in the discussions here, as you all seem like a good bunch of folks. But I'm done, 36 years of let down have me to the point of not caring about this franchise any more. I've spent thousands of dollars buying licensed merchandise over the years, and for what?!? Another let down after high expectations.......

The franchise seems to do this every time they have the best team in the league, and this years team was the best, period. But they always blow it in the big one. Maybe if the NFL wasn't going the way of baseball, I could stick it out forever. But I can't........ 0 and 4 in the big one has become too much to swallow any more. One win, just one win, could have set this right. I have no doubt that the Colts will blow the Ain'ts away, and I have no doubts we could have beaten them in the Super Bowl.

Well that's it folks, I had to vent, but I'm done wasting my time supporting this franchise and getting my hopes up, only to have them dashed against the rocks one....more....time.

Flame away, I don't care anymore..........

DiehardVikesFan
01-24-2010, 11:37 PM
A lot of us expect them to do this. I thought we would probably blow it tonight or in the Super Bowl but I wouldn't have imagined all the fumbling.

Just have a beer or 12 and you'll feel a lot better...and then a lot worse.

i_bleed_purple
01-24-2010, 11:38 PM
how are we going the way of baseball?

Salary cap = Good for sports

Baseball: Buy a championship. Funny that the richest teams also have the most rings

NFL: any team can win it if they make good signings. A rich owner doesn't = a great team
Baseball: Team with the most money, often will go far.

I'm not going to flame, as its only 2 hours after the loss. You'll be back, we both know it. Ther was about 30 seconds where I thought "fuck this team" But then I came to my senses.

You've been a fan for 36 years, I've only been a fan for about 10. This is really the first NFCC I was a big fan for, and it was crushing. I want nothing more than to see the Vikes in a superbowl, I just hope it can happen in my life.

VikesSince74
01-24-2010, 11:42 PM
i_bleed_purple wrote:

I want nothing more than to see the Vikes in a superbowl, I just hope it can happen in my life.I've never seen it in mine, one that they won anyway.........

DiehardVikesFan
01-24-2010, 11:45 PM
VikesSince74 wrote:

i_bleed_purple wrote:

I want nothing more than to see the Vikes in a superbowl, I just hope it can happen in my life.I've never seen it in mine, one that they won anyway.........

I did. In madden. it was awesome.

Holmstrom
01-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Iwhen I saw CT break off that run I was actually dumb and naive enough to think for a second that we might actually do it.

I hate the vikings. Why do we even bother rooting for this team???? Why of all the teams did my dad have to become a Vikings fan.... :(

Holmstrom
01-24-2010, 11:48 PM
At least we don't have to watch them choke the Super Bowl away.....

Holmstrom
01-24-2010, 11:52 PM
VikesSince74 wrote:

Though I don't post often here, I do stop in almost every day to read the threads.

This game was a heart breaker................... We beat the Ain'ts in every aspect except turnovers, there we beat ourselves. Like my user name says, I've been a fan of this franchise for 36 years. And for 36 years it's always the same old story, heartbreak.....

It's sad to know that professional football is going the way of professional baseball, we don't have dynasties anymore so the chances of a repeat season like we had this year is unlikely.

I wish I would have participated more in the discussions here, as you all seem like a good bunch of folks. But I'm done, 36 years of let down have me to the point of not caring about this franchise any more. I've spent thousands of dollars buying licensed merchandise over the years, and for what?!? Another let down after high expectations.......

The franchise seems to do this every time they have the best team in the league, and this years team was the best, period. But they always blow it in the big one. Maybe if the NFL wasn't going the way of baseball, I could stick it out forever. But I can't........ 0 and 4 in the big one has become too much to swallow any more. One win, just one win, could have set this right. I have no doubt that the Colts will blow the Ain'ts away, and I have no doubts we could have beaten them in the Super Bowl.

Well that's it folks, I had to vent, but I'm done wasting my time supporting this franchise and getting my hopes up, only to have them dashed against the rocks one....more....time.

Flame away, I don't care anymore..........

I don't blame you man. We choke EVERY time.This was an EPIC choke. It's really unbelievable. A person can only be letdown so many times before they reach the breaking point. I anm truly convinced that this team will never ever ever NEVER win one. It sucks.

DiehardVikesFan
01-24-2010, 11:53 PM
feels like getting kicked in the balls

VikesSince74
01-25-2010, 12:05 AM
DiehardVikesFan wrote:

feels like getting kicked in the ballsNow imagine 36 years of that........

VikesSince74
01-25-2010, 12:59 AM
From another forum, it sums up my feelings about this franchise and it's the last I'll say about it.

"I'm sorry a game, played by millionaires, means so much more to me than it does to them"

VikesSince74
01-25-2010, 01:00 AM
From another forum, it sums up my feelings about this franchise and it's the last I'll say about it.

"I'm sorry a game, played by millionaires, means so much more to me than it does to them"

Holmstrom
01-25-2010, 01:03 AM
What hurts the worst about this is not that we choked the game away. We were in the game despite all the shit mistakes we made we still had every chance to win it and everytime we pissed it away we put ourselves in position again just to piss it away agian.

But as bad as that is, the fact that it is back to mediocre again for the next few years at least, may be worse. We're back to lacking our biggest piece of the puzzle again and it's back to the smae old shit as it was prior to August.

Most teams lose and they're good enough to get back the next year. This was it for us. We had to do it this year because now we've gotta develop a QB, then by the time that happens this team won't look the same b/c of free-agency.

Maybe McNabb will finally be fed up w/ Philly and chilly will get him in here. Then he can lose us a championship.

DiehardVikesFan
01-25-2010, 01:10 AM
McNabb isn't the answer IMO. He is a career under 60% passer. I think he is a good quarterback but if I had the choice I'd rather develop a young QB. I wouldn't be for giving him the contract he'd want.

I just want a winner though man. I really like the QB for Texas A&M though, Jerrod Johnson, and Jacorey Harris, but neither are eligible this year

Holmstrom
01-25-2010, 01:19 AM
I don't even know why I give a shit who's the QB. I don't think I really do to be honest. If we couldn't get it doen in '98 or'09 there's not a doubt in my mind that we'll NEVER see a Super Bowl.

If you knew me you'd belive it too. That's just the way it goes for me. I'm a born losre so it only makes sense that out of 32 teams I'm a Vikings fan. I have no doubt that I'll never see the Viks win.

VikesSince74
01-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Alright.........I've had some time to calm down, cool off, and gather my thoughts. I should have waited for this to happen before opening my mouth.....umm keyboard, before posting.

This loss was a particularly hard one to swallow for me, as I think this was the most balanced and best team the Vikings have fielded in the 36 years I've been a fan. :(

Now that I've calmed down some I still realize to quote another members users name, I do bleed purple. So it's time for me to eat a little crow......... :blush:

I'll be back again next season to cheer till I'm hoarse, both from joy and anger as I support them through another season.

I humbly ask forgiveness for my sins.......... :blush:

Prophet
01-29-2010, 08:51 AM
VikesSince74 wrote:

Alright.........I've had some time to calm down, cool off, and gather my thoughts. I should have waited for this to happen before opening my mouth.....umm keyboard, before posting.

This loss was a particularly hard one to swallow for me, as I think this was the most balanced and best team the Vikings have fielded in the 36 years I've been a fan. :(

Now that I've calmed down some I still realize to quote another members users name, I do bleed purple. So it's time for me to eat a little crow......... :blush:

I'll be back again next season to cheer till I'm hoarse, both from joy and anger as I support them through another season.

I humbly ask forgiveness for my sins.......... :blush:

lmao, I was going to say, oh well, see ya. Good to have you back, I have been a fan for multiple decades too and am still excited about this team, regardless of the heartbreaking loss. Makes it that much sweeter when the big day comes.

marstc09
01-29-2010, 08:55 AM
VikesSince74 wrote:

But I'm done, 36 years of let down have me to the point of not caring about this franchise any more. I've spent thousands of dollars buying licensed merchandise over the years, and for what?!?

You bring up a good point. Now I would never stop watching them but I am done buying merchandise. I gathered all my Vikings stuff because I am moving. Damn I have a lot. What would happen if they move? What a waste. I might buy a jersey or two because they are so cheap but anything else, forget it.

VikesSince74
01-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Prophet wrote:

lmao, I was going to say, oh well, see ya. Good to have you back, I have been a fan for multiple decades too and am still excited about this team, regardless of the heartbreaking loss. Makes it that much sweeter when the big day comes.Definitely, I'll probably keel over from a massive heart attack! :lol:

marstc09 wrote:

You bring up a good point. Now I would never stop watching them but I am done buying merchandise. I gathered all my Vikings stuff because I am moving. Damn I have a lot. What would happen if they move? What a waste. I might buy a jersey or two because they are so cheap but anything else, forget it. HAHAHA.....I know what you mean, I have an entire room in my home that is nothing but Vikings merchandise! :lol:

LaBonBon
01-29-2010, 12:34 PM
From 1-29-10 Pioneer Press page 8B :lol:

The Way It Was
by
The Friday Opinuendo Poet

We tried not to grumble
And to remain humble
Not get in a rumble
And whisper the word 'f--ble'
Over it we stumble
Our emotions a jumble