PDA

View Full Version : Chase top name coordinator, or promote someone?

b_sandhar_29
01-08-2010, 07:17 PM
It seems obvious that Leslie Frazier will be on the move next year. He is due for an interview with Seattle and has already had an interview in Buffalo recieving nothing but positive things. What do you guys think we should do chase down a big name or promote someone within our staff???

i_bleed_purple
01-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Nothings obvious. Didn't you remember last season when he did a few interviews also?

He may or may not go, nothings for certain yet.

I have a feeling we'll hire one of Chilly's buddies or promote within, but I hope we go after someone new. Someone good.

ThorSPL
01-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Mike Tice?

Okay, back to reality...

Mooch?

Rockmolder
01-08-2010, 08:10 PM
ThorSPL wrote:

Mike Tice?

Okay, back to reality...

Mooch?

Nice, Mooch.

Maybe he can develop Allen or Edwards into a good QB.

ThorSPL
01-08-2010, 08:58 PM
I think Pat needs a position he can play in to his 40s with. Phat Pat for QB!

Midge Resurrected
01-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Neither of these teams are serious about Frazier ... they are just using him to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

Buffalo is a longshot ... and he has already (last I heard) said he will not be interviewed by Seattle because he knows he is not a real candidate.

There may be more openings coming, but for now he is staying put.

i_bleed_purple
01-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Rockmolder wrote:

ThorSPL wrote:

Mike Tice?

Okay, back to reality...

Mooch?

Nice, Mooch.

Maybe he can develop Allen or Edwards into a good QB.

My situation I want

Mooch OC
Billick HC
Ron Rivera DC
Tice OL/asst. HC (has to be asst. HC to be able to get him)

Git 'er done

purplepat
01-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Sounds like Pete Carroll is the heavy favorite to be the next Seattle coach.

Don't know about Buffalo, but Frazier is only one of about four names I've heard related to that job.

Shanahan has already been hired in Washington.

Lovie Smith is staying in Chicago, Eric Mangini in Cleveland.

If Wade Phillips gets fired in Dallas, I can't see Jerry Jones hiring Frazier to be his next coach. He'll want someone with much more experience, a name coach (unless he's going with Jason Garrett).

Are there really going to be any more jobs open this season? I don't think it's obvious (this season anyway) that Frazier is going anywhere.

But, if I were going to go somewhere else, didn't the entire Buffalo staff get fired? Wasn't Gregg Williams their DC? I think I'd hire him if his style would fit with what we have now (personnel and coach-wise).

i_bleed_purple
01-09-2010, 09:33 AM
purplepat wrote:

Sounds like Pete Carroll is the heavy favorite to be the next Seattle coach.

Don't know about Buffalo, but Frazier is only one of about four names I've heard related to that job.

Shanahan has already been hired in Washington.

Lovie Smith is staying in Chicago, Eric Mangini in Cleveland.

If Wade Phillips gets fired in Dallas, I can't see Jerry Jones hiring Frazier to be his next coach. He'll want someone with much more experience, a name coach (unless he's going with Jason Garrett).

Are there really going to be any more jobs open this season? I don't think it's obvious (this season anyway) that Frazier is going anywhere.

But, if I were going to go somewhere else, didn't the entire Buffalo staff get fired? Wasn't Gregg Williams their DC? I think I'd hire him if his style would fit with what we have now (personnel and coach-wise).

Why would Carroll leave USC? I hear he's being targeted, but I'm sure this isn't the first time. He's got a nice comfy high paying gig at USC with HUGE job security, why leave taht for the NFL?

marstc09
01-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Interesting. I never knew Carroll was a defensive backs coach for the Vikings for five years in the 80s.

I also did not know that he was a candidate for the head coach in 1992 but lost it to Green.

Offer him the job again. Let him bring his staff.

VikingMike
01-09-2010, 01:23 PM
marstc09 wrote:

Interesting. I never knew Carroll was a defensive backs coach for the Vikings for five years in the 80s.

I also did not know that he was a candidate for the head coach in 1992 but lost it to Green.

Offer him the job again. Let him bring his staff.

Done deal...Carroll to the Seahags.

Report: Seattle Seahawks reach deal with USC head coach Pete Carroll (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2010/01/09/2010-01-09_report_seattle_seahawks_reach_deal_)

i_bleed_purple
01-09-2010, 01:25 PM
gotta say, I'm questioning that move.

The Dropper
01-09-2010, 02:27 PM
purplepat wrote:

Gregg Williams is currently the DC of the Aints. And yes, I would also have loved to have him in Minny.

It does seem like Leslie will be sticking around another year, alas.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
01-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Why would Carroll leave USC? I hear he's being targeted, but I'm sure this isn't the first time. He's got a nice comfy high paying gig at USC with HUGE job security, why leave taht for the NFL?[/quote][b]

Because of the reggie bush 'scandal' and potentially forfeiting wins and bowl game wins.

Maybe he thinks he'll be forced to resign.

Suick
01-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Ted Cotrell :woohoo: