PDA

View Full Version : Percy Harvin 2009 AP Offensive Rookie of the Year!



Purple Mk1
01-06-2010, 06:16 AM
Congratulations to Percy Harvin for being named Offensive Rookie of the Year! He blew away the competition getting 41 out of 50 votes.

Just the beginning of the post-season awards (None for the Pro Bowl, however, as the Vikings will be preparing for the Superbowl):

NFL MVP - Favre
Superbowl MVP - Could be Favre, AD, Rice, Percy or JA
Most importantly - Superbowl XLIV Champs!!!

Marrdro
01-06-2010, 06:20 AM
Congrats to PH, however, just another "Individual" award that can't be achieved without a team effort.

In the end, I hate these things. Only thing they are good for is to give sports hacks something to write about that makes fans of the player happy and fans of other teams upset thier palyer didn't win it.

NodakPaul
01-06-2010, 06:47 AM
Way to go Percy! The team and the fans are proud of you!!

Flidais
01-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Marrdro wrote:

Only thing they are good for is to give sports hacks something to write about that makes fans of the player happy and fans of other teams upset thier palyer didn't win it.

Meh, I see your point, but if the media has to do something, and they usually feel compelled to do so, I'd rather they hand out meaningless awards than keep harping on a schism that may or may not have actually happened.

Anyway, I'm glad for Percy and glad for me. It gives me more ammunition in my week long project to torture the office Cowboy fans. Speaking of, I've yet to do that today...

Marrdro
01-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Flidais wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Only thing they are good for is to give sports hacks something to write about that makes fans of the player happy and fans of other teams upset thier palyer didn't win it.

Meh, I see your point, but if the media has to do something, and they usually feel compelled to do so, I'd rather they hand out meaningless awards than keep harping on a schism that may or may not have actually happened.

Anyway, I'm glad for Percy and glad for me. It gives me more ammunition in my week long project to torture the office Cowboy fans. Speaking of, I've yet to do that today...
A very good point.

By the way, torturing Cowgirl fans at work.......That is spreadsheet promotion worthy my friend. Consider yourself bumped.

Prophet
01-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Congrats to Percy. He is one of the few WRs that do some damage in their rookie year. I hope he has a memorable postseason.

ejmat
01-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Congrats to PH. Great achievement. Marrdro, stop being a crumudgeon. LOL :laugh:

Zeus
01-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Congrats to Percy!

Sixth Viking to win the award:
Adrian Peterson (2007)
Randy Moss (1998)
Sammy White (1976)
Chuck Foreman (1973)
Paul Flatley (1963)

=Z=

MaxVike
01-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Marrdro wrote:

Congrats to PH, however, just another "Individual" award that can't be achieved without a team effort.

In the end, I hate these things. Only thing they are good for is to give sports hacks something to write about that makes fans of the player happy and fans of other teams upset thier palyer didn't win it.

Well, somebody must have eaten a bad peanut last night :woohoo: In the end, you are correct, on one hand it is a meaningless individual award, however, on the other, it is an acknowledgement of young talent...

I love this award, gets the Vikes attention, and gives hope for the future. I live in Delaware and there are already bunches of kids I've seen wearing Harvin, Rice, Allen, and AD jerseys...this, in the heart of EagleNation. ROTY is a badge worn now by 6 Vikings offensive players over the years...Paul Flatley, Chuck Foreman, Sammy White, Randy Moss, Adrian Peterson, now Percy Harvin. Curiously, we've not had a defensive ROTY.

The NFL Live Show where Cris Carter could not say enough positive things about Percy has stuck with me all year. He pointed out that he scouts Florida high school players, trains them, does some work for Urban Meyer getting his WR corp ready. CC made the comment that "no matter if it was high school freshman football, varsity, college scrimmages, practices or games, Percy Harvin was the best football player on the field."

Great job Percy! You are already in very lofty Vikings company. Thanks for having balls Chilly, Wilf and Bycheapski. Stay clean and healthy Percy...the sky is the limit young man; congrats.

Prophet
01-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Zeus wrote:

Congrats to Percy!

Sixth Viking to win the award:
Adrian Peterson (2007)
Randy Moss (1998)
Sammy White (1976)
Chuck Foreman (1973)
Paul Flatley (1963)

=Z=

I don't recall Paul Flately. Maybe it's because i was fresh out of the vagina.

Zeus
01-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Prophet wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Congrats to Percy!

Sixth Viking to win the award:
Adrian Peterson (2007)
Randy Moss (1998)
Sammy White (1976)
Chuck Foreman (1973)
Paul Flatley (1963)


I don't recall Paul Flately. Maybe it's because i was fresh out of the vagina.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlatPa00.htm

Year Pos Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G
1963 WR 51 867 17.0 4 62 3.6 61.9

=Z=

VikingMike
01-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Congrats to Percy. I love the way he plays the game, and he's given a big boost to our offense this year.

Let's hope his trip to the Mayo Clinic helps him with his migraines.

marstc09
01-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Congrats to Percy. Imagine what he could do if he was healthy all year.

jargomcfargo
01-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Prophet wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Congrats to Percy!

Sixth Viking to win the award:
Adrian Peterson (2007)
Randy Moss (1998)
Sammy White (1976)
Chuck Foreman (1973)
Paul Flatley (1963)

=Z=

I don't recall Paul Flately. Maybe it's because i was fresh out of the vagina.

He could have caught you if the doctor dropped you. He had good hands and was a good player in a bit less atheletic era.

Prophet
01-06-2010, 09:00 AM
jargomcfargo wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Congrats to Percy!

Sixth Viking to win the award:
Adrian Peterson (2007)
Randy Moss (1998)
Sammy White (1976)
Chuck Foreman (1973)
Paul Flatley (1963)

=Z=

I don't recall Paul Flately. Maybe it's because i was fresh out of the vagina.

He could have caught you if the doctor dropped you. He had good hands and was a good player in a bit less atheletic era.

There is no doubt that the Dr. that caught me was a relative of Troy Williamson.

Zeus
01-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Prophet wrote:

jargomcfargo wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Congrats to Percy!

Sixth Viking to win the award:
Adrian Peterson (2007)
Randy Moss (1998)
Sammy White (1976)
Chuck Foreman (1973)
Paul Flatley (1963)


I don't recall Paul Flately. Maybe it's because i was fresh out of the vagina.

He could have caught you if the doctor dropped you. He had good hands and was a good player in a bit less atheletic era.

There is no doubt that the Dr. that caught me was a relative of Troy Williamson.

That explains so much.

=Z=

ultravikingfan
01-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Prophet wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Congrats to Percy!

Sixth Viking to win the award:
Adrian Peterson (2007)
Randy Moss (1998)
Sammy White (1976)
Chuck Foreman (1973)
Paul Flatley (1963)

=Z=

I don't recall Paul Flately. Maybe it's because i was fresh out of the vagina.

We need an "Official Paul Flately" thread.

green hornet
01-06-2010, 10:09 AM
I couldnt see them giving the award to such a baby, but, really there were no good offensive rookies this year. Harvin basically got it by default. Anyone who misses a football game because of a headache(not concussion) is not worth being on my football team. He is a true viQueen.

Prophet
01-06-2010, 10:37 AM
green hornet wrote:

I couldnt see them giving the award to such a baby, but, really there were no good offensive rookies this year. Harvin basically got it by default. Anyone who misses a football game because of a headache(not concussion) is not worth being on my football team. He is a true viQueen.

That makes whoopie look like the fruitcake that he is. BTW, you do not get man points for ripping your tongue from the flagpole.

Marrdro
01-06-2010, 10:41 AM
ejmat wrote:

Congrats to PH. Great achievement. Marrdro, stop being a crumudgeon. LOL :laugh:
I know. One of my many failings in life I guess.

VikingMike
01-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Prophet wrote:

green hornet wrote:

I couldnt see them giving the award to such a baby, but, really there were no good offensive rookies this year. Harvin basically got it by default. Anyone who misses a football game because of a headache(not concussion) is not worth being on my football team. He is a true viQueen.

That makes whoopie look like the fruitcake that he is. BTW, you do not get man points for ripping your tongue from the flagpole.


...nor for pulling one's head out of one's arse, which he apparently can't do.

...the same "baby" who ripped apart their secondary, but that's OK because they can't have him anyway.

jargomcfargo
01-06-2010, 10:57 AM
green hornet wrote:

I couldnt see them giving the award to such a baby, but, really there were no good offensive rookies this year. Harvin basically got it by default. Anyone who misses a football game because of a headache(not concussion) is not worth being on my football team. He is a true viQueen.

Where's the ignore button when you need it. Ignorant post.
Way to represent the Pack.

triedandtruevikesfan
01-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Congrats Percy!!! He had such an amazing year, I think he most certainly deserves the personal achievement.

But, pat yourself on the back for a minute and keep your eye on the real prize!! It would be a much better rookie season to get that ring and ROY

Prophet
01-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Zeus wrote:

Congrats to Percy!

Sixth Viking to win the award:
Adrian Peterson (2007)
Randy Moss (1998)
Sammy White (1976)
Chuck Foreman (1973)
Paul Flatley (1963)

=Z=

So, during Childress' tenure 33% of the franchises ROY happened and the team has been around since 1961? Fire Childress.

V4L
01-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Congrats to that man

He was wrecking teams

Hopefully he continues in the playoffs

ejmat
01-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Prophet wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Congrats to Percy!

Sixth Viking to win the award:
Adrian Peterson (2007)
Randy Moss (1998)
Sammy White (1976)
Chuck Foreman (1973)
Paul Flatley (1963)

=Z=

So, during Childress' tenure 33% of the franchises ROY happened and the team has been around since 1961? Fire Childress.

LOL. But don't you know Prophet? These guys do well in spite of Childress not because of him.

VikingLance
01-06-2010, 01:31 PM
triedandtruevikesfan wrote:

Congrats Percy!!! He had such an amazing year, I think he most certainly deserves the personal achievement.

But, pat yourself on the back for a minute and keep your eye on the real prize!! It would be a much better rookie season to get that ring and ROY

+1

What a thrill it would be for him. National Champs last year. Superbowl Champions this year.

Rockmolder
01-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Can't say he didn't deserve it.

I still think that this award goes right by OL players. Nothing against Harvin, who had a great year, but you would think that, for instance, Oher would've been a little closer instead of Harvin just winning it by leaps and bounds.

Just think about last year, when no Viking was in the running. Jake Long or Matt Ryan?... I'm pretty sure that Pro Bowl LT Jake Long had a better season.

Prophet
01-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Rockmolder wrote:

Can't say he didn't deserve it.

I still think that this award goes right by OL players. Nothing against Harvin, who had a great year, but you would think that, for instance, Oher would've been a little closer instead of Harvin just winning it by leaps and bounds.

Just think about last year, when no Viking was in the running. Jake Long or Matt Ryan?... I'm pretty sure that Pro Bowl LT Jake Long had a better season.

The AP has a difficult time breaking out of the QB, RB, WR mold.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
01-06-2010, 01:45 PM
GREAT JOB.
Carry this momentum all the way to miami, and the championship parade right down nicollet mall.