PDA

View Full Version : Mock 7.0

Marrdro
12-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Mock 7.0 (http://www.vikingsgab.com/2009/12/23/mock-7-0/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+VikingsGab+%28Vikings+Gab%29)
Marrdro's comment follows:
My apologies, still no "Offseason" thread for 2010 yet.

Prophet
12-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Reading about the Favre/Childress crap, Tiger Woods crap, or any other tired topic is more exciting than reading about a mock when your team is in the heat of battle at the most important time of the season.

Marrdro
12-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Prophet wrote:

Reading about the Favre/Childress crap, Tiger Woods crap, or any other tired topic is more exciting than reading about a mock when your team is in the heat of battle at the most important time of the season.
LOL, I know, but I've made a bad bed and sullied my PPO rep over crap like that......., I need to get out of it and get back to what I do best.....Talk about the game, and not hate on a certain player. ;)

Marrdro
12-24-2009, 09:44 AM
2010 NFL Mock Draft First Round: Tebow Reuniting with Former Teammate (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/313865-2010-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-tebow-reuniting-with-former-teammate)
Marrdro's comment follows:
What I wouldn't do to see the Vikes land Suh or Berry.

Prophet
12-24-2009, 09:49 AM
I will never understand the love people have for Tebow. He may be a nice guy, but, he isn't that great of a QB...at the NFL level that is. Yes, it's moronic to say that when he hasn't played a down in the NFL, but, I've seen him play too many times to think he is very good. He's like a Ron Mexico that is bigger and slower and has a very questionable ability to read defenses. He folds under pressure and tosses picks at inopportune times. I would put money down in Vegas that he will not make is as a starter in the NFL that is worth a crap.

tastywaves
12-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Prophet wrote:

I will never understand the love people have for Tebow. He may be a nice guy, but, he isn't that great of a QB...at the NFL level that is. Yes, it's moronic to say that when he hasn't played a down in the NFL, but, I've seen him play too many times to think he is very good. He's like a Ron Mexico that is bigger and slower and has a very questionable ability to read defenses. He folds under pressure and tosses picks at inopportune times. I would put money down in Vegas that he will not make is as a starter in the NFL that is worth a crap.

I'm with you on Tebow, no way I take this guy in the first two rounds.

Bkfldviking
12-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Well....to begin with you would have to lose 14 out of 16. These guys are going to Detroit or Tampa Bay. Just hope that the prospect of going to the worst team doesn't take the willingness to do their best down a notch or two.

Would hate to have another Joe Thiesman story floating around:

When Joe Thiesman was drafted by the then lowly Miami Dolphins, he refused to report to camp and went to Canada for a year....the year the Dolphins went undefeated and won the Super Bowl. Who knew?

Marrdro
12-24-2009, 10:14 AM
tastywaves wrote:

Prophet wrote:

I'm with you on Tebow, no way I take this guy in the first two rounds.
He's a novelty IMHO. No way his skills translate over to the NFL.

Still like that they are out looking at guys already.... Seen a couple of articles were the Vikes (and other teams) were out to see Tim Hiller and Chase Daniels of late.

Marrdro
12-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Bkfldviking wrote:

Well....to begin with you would have to lose 14 out of 16. These guys are going to Detroit or Tampa Bay. Just hope that the prospect of going to the worst team doesn't take the willingness to do their best down a notch or two.

Would hate to have another Joe Thiesman story floating around:

When Joe Thiesman was drafted by the then lowly Miami Dolphins, he refused to report to camp and went to Canada for a year....the year the Dolphins went undefeated and won the Super Bowl. Who knew?
Not sure it will happen, but I assume that ole Ricky boy could package a few picks and move up for a player they seem to covet.

Gonna be hard for a rook to crack this squad this year. No need to use them all for a bunch of players when you could package them and use them to target a couple that you know will make the team.

marstc09
12-24-2009, 10:52 AM
The key word is prospect. Who knows if Tebow will turn out. The guy has a good point. Tebow already has a history with Harvin. I would be interested to see if it worked. We need someone if we pass on TJ. IMO Bradford is not a good fit.

I know Marrdro will start talking about DT but I feel Jimmy can take over. We could pick up a safety in FA. Nick Collins anyone? That will get a certain someone riled up. I would also look to FA for a CB.

Marrdro
12-24-2009, 10:59 AM
marstc09 wrote:

The key word is prospect. Who knows if Tebow will turn out. The guy has a good point. Tebow already has a history with Harvin. I would be interested to see if it worked. We need someone if we pass on TJ. IMO Bradford is not a good fit.

I know Marrdro will start talking about DT but I feel Jimmy can take over. We could pick up a safety in FA. Nick Collins anyone? That will get a certain someone riled up. I would also look to FA for a CB.
LOL, I already am looking at DT's ..... :) However, I have been mildly suprised with JK's turn around in attitude this year. Somehow someone on this staff convinced him he is a DT and not a DE, so now he is playing like one.

Bad thing is, he is just as old as K-will. In my mind that means they need to start looking for his replacement now as they did with Guion for Kevin.

On a side note. Do you follow any other players other than PUKER players and Vikes. Way more better options for a FA pickup out there than Collins.

NFL FA's DB (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/db.html)

marstc09
12-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

On a side note. Do you follow any other players other than PUKER players and Vikes. Way more better options for a FA pickup out there than Collins.

Sure do. I just like to rile you up. Maybe we can get Sharper back and can Chilly.

Marrdro
12-24-2009, 11:08 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

marstc09 wrote:

Sure do. I just like to rile you up. Maybe we can get Sharper back and can Chilly.
Fair enough, not like I don't push your buttons a bit when it comes to you know who.

As to Sharp, yes, riled. Chiller, not so much lately. Would have loved to see Holmgren (GM) and Chucky (HC) come in. Both are EX Pukers by the by. ;)

Rockmolder
12-24-2009, 04:32 PM
If Thompson and McCarthy donít find help for the offensive line, then they are likely to be run out of Cheeseland.

Erm, yeah, sure.

If anything, they where bought some more time to look for an OT because of Tauscher's and Clifton's play as of late.

And I don't think that that's a good thing.

Anyway, I like the mock. I'm not that high on Bulaga, but if he does really fall that for, how can you pass on him?

If Spiller would be available, that'd be a no brainer, deep in the 20s. Very doubtfull that he will, though. I guess you could make a case for Hughes, as well, if he's still there. Or an elite CB, as Harris and Woodson aren't getting any younger.

Marrdro
12-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Rockmolder wrote:

If Thompson and McCarthy donít find help for the offensive line, then they are likely to be run out of Cheeseland.

Erm, yeah, sure.

If anything, they where bought some more time to look for an OT because of Tauscher's and Clifton's play as of late.

Anyway, I like the mock. I'm not that high on Bulaga, but if he does really fall that for, how can you pass on him?

If Spiller would be available, that'd be a no brainer, deep in the 20s. Very doubtfull that he will, though. I guess you could make a case for Hughes, as well, if he's still there. Or an elite CB, as Harris and Woodson aren't getting any younger.
I've been drafting CB's for the PUKERs in my last 2 7 round mock drafts. Stupid yutz's keep going down a different path.

Rockmolder
12-31-2009, 02:54 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Rockmolder wrote:

Erm, yeah, sure.

I've been drafting CB's for the PUKERs in my last 2 7 round mock drafts. Stupid yutz's keep going down a different path.

You never know with Ted, I guess. I haven't done any mocks, but knowing McCarthy, it'll be a mix of BPA and need.

I mean, you can't tell me that Raji was the BPA at 9 with Crabtree on the board.

Right now, having the 23th pick or something, I see a lot of OTs being gone. He usually seems to be a little overconfident in young guys, so I don't think that he'll go for an OLB, with Brad Jones emerging. Even though I think that we need a DE/OLB. A relentless pass rusher. Someone opposite of Clay.

I don't think that it's going to be a corner, either. The pick would make sense to me, especially when you look at our recent corner play, but we should get Harris, Blackmon and Lee back from injuries. Harris and Woodson as starters, Williams as our nickel back, Blackmon and Lee fighting for the dime spot and then we still have Bush and Ford on our roster.

Asuming we won't dump Harris, we should be set at corner.

That leaves OT as the obvious choice. If Bulaga won't be there, I don't see us reaching, so that'd mean a trade back. Maybe to the tackle that I like a lot in this upcoming draft. Gabe Carimi.

Again, CJ Spiller would be a wet dream. Maybe we could pick up a guy like Noel Devine a bit later, as well.

Spamming your thread with Packers draft babbling, I'm sorry, Marr. Lol.