PDA

View Full Version : Packers vs. Vikings III: They Will Meet Again...In the Playoffs



singersp
11-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Packers vs. Vikings III: They Will Meet Again...In the Playoffs (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/296115-packers-vs-vikings-3-they-will-meet-againin-the-playoffs)

jkjuggalo
11-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha

The Packers will not make the playoffs.

They lost Harris and Kampman for the season.
They will be lucky to beat the Lions on Thanksgiving.

Vikes, Cards, Saints, Cowboys, and some combo of the Giants, Eagles, or Falcons will be your NFC playoff teams.
Sorry Packers fans.
Try again next year.

V4L
11-24-2009, 02:16 PM
I hope they make it

Id love to spank them again at home with Brett

idahovikefan7
11-24-2009, 02:17 PM
I would be delighted to beat the packers 3 times in one season......But I don't think they make it either

jargomcfargo
11-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Packers fans feeling the shame for a third time in the same season would be priceless.

I agree. They won't make the playoffs.

i_bleed_purple
11-24-2009, 02:22 PM
They currently hold a wildcard spot, but will have to beat out the Falcons, Giants and Eagles for a spot.

marstc09
11-24-2009, 02:23 PM
I would have said yes before the injuries but now I don't think so.

Overlord
11-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Another fan that has scripted the rest of the season already.

The actual chances of this happening are very slim.


First, Green Bay actually needs to make the playoffs.
There's a good chance that happens, probably 66% looking at their schedule and based on the fact that there are two other 6-4 teams and a decent 5-5 team.


No guarantees though, and their schedule is not a complete cakewalk.
After Detroit the cupcakes (STL, DET, TB(ha), CLE) will be done.
The Packers have a significant chance of losing each of their remaining games, with Seattle looking the worst right now by far.

But the real problem comes once they are actually in the Playoffs.
Minnesota is likely to be the #2 seed (I'd guess 75% probability).
There's a small chance (say 20%?) that they actually pass New Orleans, and an even smaller chance that they end up as the #3 or #4.


So if there is a 95% chance that the Vikes have a bye, then the Packers have to win in the first round on the road against a good team.
Not likely, but it could happen (33%?).


Then if the Vikes are the #2 seed, the Packers will likely (80%) play the Saints.
For them to go against the Vikes in round 2 in this situation, they would need to be the 5 seed and the 6 seed would have to win as well.


Then the chances that the Vikes win and the Pack beat the Saints?
Not good.

Juggling all that and a few other considerations around in my head, maybe the Pack have a 5% chance of seeing the Vikes again this season.

Oh, and if they do, it won't be this:



The stage is being set for this heavyweight fight now.


It will be a one-sided beat down like we have already seen twice this year.

Oh, and the Packers are being helped significantly by a +14 turnover ratio.
We can see they're not that good.
With recent injuries to the defense and the law of averages, if that number comes down it could be a very disappointing second half for the Pack.

dfosterf
11-24-2009, 02:31 PM
This will be the thread where Zeus and I can re-examine the etymology of the phrase,

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

:D

vikinggreg
11-24-2009, 02:48 PM
If the Packer want to meet the Vikes in the playoffs they better buy their tickets quick, the game is going to sellout quick this year ;)

Anyone going to get Aaron Rodges a jello shooter if they show up early to tailgate too :)

slavinator
11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
IF it happens again, the Vikes will further dismantle the Pack.
With Harris and Kampman out for the year, there is NO WAY this happens IMO.
I think the wild card team is from the NFC East.

jmcdon00
11-24-2009, 03:40 PM
"Overlord" wrote:


Another fan that has scripted the rest of the season already.

The actual chances of this happening are very slim.


First, Green Bay actually needs to make the playoffs.
There's a good chance that happens, probably 66% looking at their schedule and based on the fact that there are two other 6-4 teams and a decent 5-5 team.


No guarantees though, and their schedule is not a complete cakewalk.
After Detroit the cupcakes (STL, DET, TB(ha), CLE) will be done.
The Packers have a significant chance of losing each of their remaining games, with Seattle looking the worst right now by far.

But the real problem comes once they are actually in the Playoffs.
Minnesota is likely to be the #2 seed (I'd guess 75% probability).
There's a small chance (say 20%?) that they actually pass New Orleans, and an even smaller chance that they end up as the #3 or #4.


So if there is a 95% chance that the Vikes have a bye, then the Packers have to win in the first round on the road against a good team.
Not likely, but it could happen (33%?).


Then if the Vikes are the #2 seed, the Packers will likely (80%) play the Saints.
For them to go against the Vikes in round 2 in this situation, they would need to be the 5 seed and the 6 seed would have to win as well.


Then the chances that the Vikes win and the Pack beat the Saints?
Not good.

Juggling all that and a few other considerations around in my head, maybe the Pack have a 5% chance of seeing the Vikes again this season.

Oh, and if they do, it won't be this:



The stage is being set for this heavyweight fight now.


It will be a one-sided beat down like we have already seen twice this year.

Oh, and the Packers are being helped significantly by a +14 turnover ratio.
We can see they're not that good.
With recent injuries to the defense and the law of averages, if that number comes down it could be a very disappointing second half for the Pack.

Darn fans trying to script out the season after week 11.
::)

Big C
11-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I think the Packers will clinch a wild card berth. The cowboys will take themselves out of the picture as usual and open the door for the pack. The Packers offense is very potent and the defense is playing more aggressively since the TB game. Their O-line has finally settled down a little as well.

They will miss Harris and Kampman but not as much as you think. Kampman has been a non-factor playing LB in the 3-4. They will be better off without him and having a legitimate LB who can actually play in coverage and space. They will compensate for Harris with a few more blitzes and rolling safety coverage that way. Just like the Vikings have managed 4 weeks without Winfield. We deperately miss him, but not enough to lose a game.

The Packers are starting to play good football. They remind me of the Cardinals and Giants that had late season sparks carry them to the playoffs. I do not want to face them in the playoffs.

ejmat
11-24-2009, 03:54 PM
"Big" wrote:


I think the Packers will clinch a wild card berth. The cowboys will take themselves out of the picture as usual and open the door for the pack. The Packers offense is very potent and the defense is playing more aggressively since the TB game. Their O-line has finally settled down a little as well.

They will miss Harris and Kampman but not as much as you think. Kampman has been a non-factor playing LB in the 3-4. They will be better off without him and having a legitimate LB who can actually play in coverage and space. They will compensate for Harris with a few more blitzes and rolling safety coverage that way. Just like the Vikings have managed 4 weeks without Winfield. We deperately miss him, but not enough to lose a game.

The Packers are starting to play good football. They remind me of the Cardinals and Giants that had late season sparks carry them to the playoffs. I do not want to face them in the playoffs.




My question to you then is who will win the NFC East?
Is it me or is Dallas in 1st place as it stands right now?

dfosterf
11-24-2009, 03:56 PM
I say the Iggles overtake the 'boys.

jmcdon00
11-24-2009, 04:03 PM
I would love to see the Pack in the playoffs, but it's unlikely. I'm sure most packer fans and even players want nothing to do with the Vikings and Brett Favre ever again. Unfortunetly for them they'll be playing Favre and the Vikings 2 more times next year and the next year and the next....
bwahahahaha!

gagarr
11-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Puckers don't have a easy road and this is how I see it going:

@DET

Most likely a win, but Det could surprise at home, but I doubt it
BAL


Loss, they almost beat IND, 17-15, underrated 5-5 team and can take adverse weather
@CHI

I say loss, CHI should have had them in Lambeau, it's up to Cutler not to INT a loss
@PIT

Easy loss as long as Big Ben is back
SEA


Win
@ARI

Easy loss, AZ offense will have fun with Kampman and Harris gone.

Thus, I see the Pack going 2-4 and going 8-8, missing the playoffs.

midgensa
11-24-2009, 04:27 PM
"gagarr" wrote:


Puckers don't have a easy road and this is how I see it going:

@DET

Most likely a win, but Det could surprise at home, but I doubt it
BAL


Loss, they almost beat IND, 17-15, underrated 5-5 team and can take adverse weather
@CHI

I say loss, CHI should have had them in Lambeau, it's up to Cutler not to INT a loss
@PIT

Easy loss as long as Big Ben is back
SEA


Win
@ARI

Easy loss, AZ offense will have fun with Kampman and Harris gone.

Thus, I see the Pack going 2-4 and going 8-8, missing the playoffs.

I think that sums it up pretty well. I see them going 3-3 at best with the current injury situation. They are going to end up 9-7 at best ... and MAYBE they will get the six seed which means that if we are the No. 2 they have to beat Ariz/East winner AND beat the Saints just to get a shot at us.

Besides ... it does not matter. If they do face us ... we will wax them again.

Formo
11-24-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't see it happening at all.
But if it did, I would be a little bit nervous.
Anyone remember the year we waxed them out of the playoffs, the year we didn't deserve to be in them?
Yeah.

Dibbzz
11-24-2009, 04:41 PM
That would be the shit if they beat out New Orleans and came here for the NFC Championship Game. Can you imagine the media frenzy that would ensue?

In all likelyhood both Wild Card teams will come from the NFC East. I just can't see Green Bay overcoming two huge injury losses on defense to do well with their remaining schedule. I'd would LOVE to play the Packers at the dome for the title game as opposed to going to the big easy, but in reality I just don't see it happening.

dfosterf
11-24-2009, 04:51 PM
God it would be so sweet to knock this whole place back to bickering mode in one sweet upset of a game.


Hopefully with Barney making up for all the interceptions he keeps forgetting to throw so far this season.
I know he has it in him... I truly believe he has potential.


Can you imagine?
With all the hype, the sure-fired confidence, the media, the arrogance of the Vikes fanbase?

It would be a meltdown of epic proportions.

I sense it.


I know it makes no sense to you.


Of course, neither did Barney, to most of you.

;D

pack93z
11-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Well I think there is much to prove from the Packers side of this equation yet.. two wins doesn't instill a ton of confidence in my yet that this team can make the playoffs.. albeit we look more like a playoff contender than we did three weeks ago.

The offensive line with a semi healthy Clifton and Tauscher on the other end is showing at least they don't like like a comedy show from Disney world. The defense is playing solid ball.. yes the injuries will sting but I have faith in the fact that we still have two very good corners in Woodson and Williams and are still pretty deep at linebacker.

Offensively this team is starting to show 07 and 08 signs.. but again they gotta show that we can consistently bring that type of effort to the table.

I would like another shot at the Vikings this season.. that would mean playoffs and any given Sunday. 41-0 brings back memories.

Formo
11-24-2009, 04:53 PM
"dfosterf" wrote:


God it would be so sweet to knock this whole place back to bickering mode in one sweet upset of a game.


Hopefully with Barney making up for all the interceptions he keeps forgetting to throw so far this season.
I know he has it in him... I truly believe he has potential.


Can you imagine?
With all the hype, the sure-fired confidence, the media, the arrogance of the Vikes fanbase?

It would be a meltdown of epic proportions.

I sense it.


I know it makes no sense to you.


Of course, neither did Barney, to most of you.

;D




You should be sent to PP.O Hell for that post..

=D

Rockmolder
11-24-2009, 05:45 PM
And how is the Kampman injury such a big one all of a sudden? Wasn't this the site where Kampman got called horrible in the 3-4?

I believe he was. well, not horrible, but average, at best.

Yes, the Harris injury will hurt down the depth chart, but not so much at first string. Tramon Williams came in last year and we didn't miss a beat. It's just that Bush will be the nickel corner....

Again, wasn't Harris the guy who hasn't had a good game since 2007 because he was so overrated?

Don't agree with that one, but it's just amazing how quickly oppinions change around here just to fit in when making a point.

pack93z
11-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Winning = increase in the depth of your franchises colored goggles.

Packer fans have been there.. Tromadz was leading such a brigade. ;)

It is just the Vikings turn...

BloodyHorns82
11-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Packers beat a struggling Cowboys and 9er team and suddenly their back pounding their chests again.
::)

What they need is another healthy dose of the Vikings to put them back into their place.

dfosterf
11-24-2009, 05:52 PM
"pack93z" wrote:


Winning = increase in the depth of your franchises colored goggles.

Packer fans have been there.. Tromadz was leading such a brigade. ;)

It is just the Vikings turn...


Well, I will leave it alone, because...well, because I'd be doing much of the same thing if I were them...


But you could weld on the surface of the sun with some of these guys goggles, is all I'm sayin'
;D

jargomcfargo
11-24-2009, 05:53 PM
"Rockmolder" wrote:


And how is the Kampman injury such a big one all of a sudden? Wasn't this the site where Kampman got called horrible in the 3-4?

I believe he was. well, not horrible, but average, at best.

Yes, the Harris injury will hurt down the depth chart, but not so much at first string. Tramon Williams came in last year and we didn't miss a beat. It's just that Bush will be the nickel corner....

Again, wasn't Harris the guy who hasn't had a good game since 2007 because he was so overrated?

Don't agree with that one, but it's just amazing how quickly oppinions change around here just to fit in when making a point.


My opinion doesn't. Kampman was neutered in the 3-4 and Harris was over rated.

Green Bay has some horses. Just not enough.

Another game with the Vikings will result in another loss.

You guys don't give up your fantasies, do you.

First it was, wait 'till we get you at Lamblow field. Now it's, I sure would like to get anther shot in the playoffs.

Face reality, your team sucks!

BloodyHorns82
11-24-2009, 05:54 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:


"Rockmolder" wrote:


And how is the Kampman injury such a big one all of a sudden? Wasn't this the site where Kampman got called horrible in the 3-4?

I believe he was. well, not horrible, but average, at best.

Yes, the Harris injury will hurt down the depth chart, but not so much at first string. Tramon Williams came in last year and we didn't miss a beat. It's just that Bush will be the nickel corner....

Again, wasn't Harris the guy who hasn't had a good game since 2007 because he was so overrated?

Don't agree with that one, but it's just amazing how quickly oppinions change around here just to fit in when making a point.


My opinion doesn't. Kampman was neutered in the 3-4 and Harris was over rated.

Green Bay has some horses. Just not enough.

Another game with the Vikings will result in another loss.

You guys don't give up your fantasies, do you.

First it was, wait 'till we get you at Lamblow field. Now it's, I sure would like to get anther shot in the playoffs.

Face reality, your team sucks!


LMFAO Jargo!

You didn't beat around the bush did you?

PackSux!
11-24-2009, 05:56 PM
I am looking forward to watching the Lions beat the Packers this thanksgiving, thus ending their season in style.

jargomcfargo
11-24-2009, 05:57 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"jargomcfargo" wrote:


"Rockmolder" wrote:


And how is the Kampman injury such a big one all of a sudden? Wasn't this the site where Kampman got called horrible in the 3-4?

I believe he was. well, not horrible, but average, at best.

Yes, the Harris injury will hurt down the depth chart, but not so much at first string. Tramon Williams came in last year and we didn't miss a beat. It's just that Bush will be the nickel corner....

Again, wasn't Harris the guy who hasn't had a good game since 2007 because he was so overrated?

Don't agree with that one, but it's just amazing how quickly oppinions change around here just to fit in when making a point.


My opinion doesn't. Kampman was neutered in the 3-4 and Harris was over rated.

Green Bay has some horses. Just not enough.

Another game with the Vikings will result in another loss.

You guys don't give up your fantasies, do you.

First it was, wait 'till we get you at Lamblow field. Now it's, I sure would like to get anther shot in the playoffs.

Face reality, your team sucks!


LMFAO Jargo!

You didn't beat around the bush did you?


It is derived from years of hearing about the number of superbowls we've won.
I'm enjoying this while it lasts!

Rockmolder
11-24-2009, 05:59 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:


"Rockmolder" wrote:


And how is the Kampman injury such a big one all of a sudden? Wasn't this the site where Kampman got called horrible in the 3-4?

I believe he was. well, not horrible, but average, at best.

Yes, the Harris injury will hurt down the depth chart, but not so much at first string. Tramon Williams came in last year and we didn't miss a beat. It's just that Bush will be the nickel corner....

Again, wasn't Harris the guy who hasn't had a good game since 2007 because he was so overrated?

Don't agree with that one, but it's just amazing how quickly oppinions change around here just to fit in when making a point.


My opinion doesn't. Kampman was neutered in the 3-4 and Harris was over rated.

Green Bay has some horses. Just not enough.

Another game with the Vikings will result in another loss.

You guys don't give up your fantasies, do you.

First it was, wait 'till we get you at Lamblow field. Now it's, I sure would like to get anther shot in the playoffs.

Face reality, your team sucks!


I didn't make a single comment on that.

I'd love to see the Vikes again in the play-offs, but with our O-line and lack of pass rush, you're the better team at this point. But you never know, something special can happen, and having that happen against the Vikings would be that much sweeter.

I also agree with you that Kampman has played out of position this season. He's gone by the end of the year, I'm sure of that.

Harris, on the other side, is a great corner. You won't sway my opinion on that one. He might not be the amazing corner he used to be, but he's still a great one. He still shuts down his man. Don't have the stats to back it up right now, but he's barely letting people get behind him for TDs. Or catching passes for that matter.

Btw, the reason that we're somewhat optimistic has nothing to do with the caliber of teams we beat, it has to do with finding a pass rush, mainly scheme changes and ILB and DB blitzes hitting home, and the O-line actually blocking with Tauscher back in the line-up. The O-line play isn't up to par yet, but it's improved slowly but steadily.

BloodyHorns82
11-24-2009, 06:00 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"jargomcfargo" wrote:


"Rockmolder" wrote:


And how is the Kampman injury such a big one all of a sudden? Wasn't this the site where Kampman got called horrible in the 3-4?

I believe he was. well, not horrible, but average, at best.

Yes, the Harris injury will hurt down the depth chart, but not so much at first string. Tramon Williams came in last year and we didn't miss a beat. It's just that Bush will be the nickel corner....

Again, wasn't Harris the guy who hasn't had a good game since 2007 because he was so overrated?

Don't agree with that one, but it's just amazing how quickly oppinions change around here just to fit in when making a point.


My opinion doesn't. Kampman was neutered in the 3-4 and Harris was over rated.

Green Bay has some horses. Just not enough.

Another game with the Vikings will result in another loss.

You guys don't give up your fantasies, do you.

First it was, wait 'till we get you at Lamblow field. Now it's, I sure would like to get anther shot in the playoffs.

Face reality, your team sucks!


LMFAO Jargo!

You didn't beat around the bush did you?


It is derived from years of hearing about the number of superbowls we've won.
I'm enjoying this while it lasts!


I don't normally literally laugh out loud but I had a good chuckle over that post.
It's funny beause it's true, and the GB homers don't see it. (like any good fan base)

dfosterf
11-24-2009, 06:04 PM
I think that Pack93z, myself and the Rock should charge the other 8997 of you a small fee for affording you ladies and gents the opportunity to bring all your smack our way.

Maybe like the forum equivalent of three carnival clowns.
<---touch that one, and it'll cost you a dime, lol 10 verbal jabs for a buck.
Every time you get a good dunk in, we'll throw ya an extra couple of balls or something.


We'd probably get wealthy off some of you bastards.
;D

Big C
11-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Just for clarity I'm a Vikings fan
;D. I want the Pack to suck as much as anybody else. But I watched the last 2 Packer games. The Vikings killed them both times because Capers called a very conservative defense against us. He amped up the pressure in the last 2 games and the results are obvious. They started using a short passing game to protect Rodgers and it is paying off. The O-line has somewhat settled and they are getting some production from the run game. They have adjusted after the last spanking from us.

I think losing Kampman is a blessing in disguise for the Pack because it puts Desmond Bishop on the field. This kid is a playmaker at LB where Kampman was a waste of space. As someone else mentioned Harris is overrated and can be somewhat compensated for with a scheme adjustment.

If the Packers win 4 more games they become 10-6 and should be good enough to make the wild-card. Their remaining schecule is:

at Detroit
Baltimore
at Chicago
at Pittsburgh
Seattle
at Arizona

The Packers are a better team than Detroit, Chicago and Seattle. They will win those 3 games. There is a very high probability that Arizona rests starters because it already clinched a playoff spot giving the Pack a fair shot at winning it. Both Baltimore and Pittspurgh have had topsy-turvy seasons so writing those games off as sure loss's is premature.

My opinion is that the Packers earn a wild card spot with a 10-6 record. They can probably get in with a 9-7 record too given how unpredictable the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles have been.

Mikecarter81
11-24-2009, 06:10 PM
I don't like any senario where we see the packers again.
No, matter what people say this is the NFL and its difficult to beat a team three times in one season.
Lest, I remind everyone we delivered such a senario a few years back to the packers.


Mike

BloodyHorns82
11-24-2009, 06:11 PM
"dfosterf" wrote:


I think that Pack93z, myself and the Rock should charge the other 8997 of you a small fee for affording you ladies and gents the opportunity to bring all your smack our way.

Maybe like the forum equivalent of three carnival clowns.
<---touch that one, and it'll cost you a dime, lol 10 verbal jabs for a buck.
Every time you get a good dunk in, we'll throw ya an extra couple of balls or something.


We'd probably get wealthy off some of you bastards.
;D




Like Jargo said, we've suffered through enough of your fan base blabbering on and giving us a hard time...it's time to get our kicks in while they're due.
;D

Favre beating his old team in the Superbowl would be better than anything your team has ever done.
Especially considering you have only 1 trophy that impresses any of us in the slightest.

midgensa
11-24-2009, 06:14 PM
"Mikecarter81" wrote:


I don't like any senario where we see the packers again.
No, matter what people say this is the NFL and its difficult to beat a team three times in one season.
Lest, I remind everyone we delivered such a senario a few years back to the packers.


Mike


Blah blah blah ... had a discussion with kevon about this in the live chat on Sunday.

Beating a team three times in the NFL has actually happened quite often check the Steelers last season.

It has happened 9 times in the Super Bowl era out of 11 possible times. The only two times a team lost twice in the regular season and bounced back to win in the playoffs was the 2004 Vikes over the Packers and the 1994 Chicago Bears over the Vikings.

In 1986 the Giants beat the Redskins three times, in 2000 the Giants beat the Eagles three times, in 2008 the Steelers beat the Ravens three times. Happens more frequently than people know.

Mikecarter81
11-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Dude you don't need to be a cock about it.
I was just was stating what I'm concerned about.
I'm entitled to my opinion, just as oyu are yours.

Mike

FF
11-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Facing the Packers a 3rd time in the Playoffs (however unlikely) might just be the "best thing" that could happen for the Vikings this season, as it *will* be played in Minnesota ...

Coming into that particular game, would have a far greater pressure on the Packers than it would have on the Vikings ... And so far ... the (as always) young team of the Packers, who are severely lacking on-field leaders, hasn't been able to cope all too well when it doesn't go well for them ...

A possible 3rd matchup against the Packers, I'm sure would not be a close game at all ... As the Vikings seem to only get better as each week progress ...

However, in all likelyhood the Packers won't even make it that far, should the Packers get to the play offs, the road to a 3rd game against Favre (for the Packers) might just go via the Saints ... Because I just don't see the Saints going 16-0 and this season, based on the Saints performance in the past 4 weeks, where the Saints offensive line have been showing far more weakness against less quality opponents (than the Vikings team) ... - I'm convinced that the Vikings might just clinch the #1 seed after the regular season ends ...

midgensa
11-24-2009, 06:46 PM
"Mikecarter81" wrote:


Dude you don't need to be a cock about it.
I was just was stating what I'm concerned about.
I'm entitled to my opinion, just as oyu are yours.

Mike


Sorry about the blah blah blah part.

But your opinion is not based in fact. Beating a team three times in one season happens often when one of the teams is clearly better (i.e. a Super Bowl contender and a Wild Card team).

The "difficult to beat a team three times in the same season" cliche is something that is just thrown around.

It is not an "opinion" ... it is fact that it has happened quite a few times when one team is clearly superior to the other.

Now if you just don't want to face the Packers again that is fine. Make your case. But if your only argument is that it is tough to beat a team three times in one season ... that has been proven wrong numerous times.

Elam529
11-24-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm sure I don't need to say this as its probably been said already, but there's no way the Pack make the playoffs, esp w/o Kammmppman or Harris. JUST NO WAY. However, if the Pack did beat the Vikes in the playoffs it would be pretty funny considering Brett Favre is our QB.

midgensa
11-24-2009, 06:48 PM
"FF" wrote:


Facing the Packers a 3rd time in the Playoffs (however unlikely) might just be the "best thing" that could happen for the Vikings this season, as it *will* be played in Minnesota ...

Coming into that particular game, would have a far greater pressure on the Packers than it would have on the Vikings ... And so far ... the (as always) young team of the Packers, who are severely lacking on-field leaders, hasn't been able to cope all too well when it doesn't go well for them ...

A possible 3rd matchup against the Packers, I'm sure would not be a close game at all ... As the Vikings seem to only get better as each week progress ...

However, in all likelyhood the Packers won't even make it that far, should the Packers get to the play offs, the road to a 3rd game against Favre (for the Packers) might just go via the Saints ... Because I just don't see the Saints going 16-0 and this season, based on the Saints performance in the past 4 weeks, where the Saints offensive line have been showing far more weakness against less quality opponents (than the Vikings team) ... - I'm convinced that the Vikings might just clinch the #1 seed after the regular season ends ...


If we are the No. 1 seed ... we are more likely to see the Packers in the second round than in the NFC Championship game. If we are the No. 2 seed, then vice versa.

ejmat
11-24-2009, 06:48 PM
"Elam529" wrote:


I'm sure I don't need to say this as its probably been said already, but there's no way the Pack make the playoffs, esp w/o Kammmppman or Harris. JUST NO WAY. However, if the Pack did beat the Vikes in the playoffs it would be pretty funny considering Brett Favre is our QB.

Yeah that would be fucking hillarious
::) ::)

midgensa
11-24-2009, 06:50 PM
"Elam529" wrote:


I'm sure I don't need to say this as its probably been said already, but there's no way the Pack make the playoffs, esp w/o Kammmppman or Harris. JUST NO WAY. However, if the Pack did beat the Vikes in the playoffs it would be pretty funny considering Brett Favre is our QB.


You don't like Brett Favre and would prefer us lose than win with him?

Breaking news right?

Nope ... still spouting the same ole shit.

As for the actual decent part of your post. I do think that the Packers are going to have a real tough time making it in with those guys out.

Sajid28
11-24-2009, 07:12 PM
i hope the pukers make the playoffs. for one it would be a special game and 2nd i like our chances. i cant/wont say it will be an easy win. cuz no playoff game is an easy win. plus if your in the playoffs, any team can show up and surprise. any team that makes the playoffs have something going for them than the teams that arent there.

V-Unit
11-24-2009, 07:17 PM
"Big" wrote:


If the Packers win 4 more games they become 10-6 and should be good enough to make the wild-card. Their remaining schecule is:

at Detroit
Baltimore
at Chicago
at Pittsburgh
Seattle
at Arizona

The Packers are a better team than Detroit, Chicago and Seattle. They will win those 3 games. There is a very high probability that Arizona rests starters because it already clinched a playoff spot giving the Pack a fair shot at winning it. Both Baltimore and Pittspurgh have had topsy-turvy seasons so writing those games off as sure loss's is premature.

My opinion is that the Packers earn a wild card spot with a 10-6 record. They can probably get in with a 9-7 record too given how unpredictable the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles have been.



Your logic gives the Packers the benefit of the doubt in every possible way.

- You say they will beat DET, CHI, and SEA because they are the better team, but you fail to acknowledge that they lost to TB even thought they were the better team.
- You guess that Arizona will have locked up a division crown, but fail to ackolwedge that they could be playing to secue a 3 seed rather than a 4 seed.
- You credit the Packers because they are competing with DAL, NYG, PHI, BAL, and PIT, who have had "topsy turvy" seasons, but the Packers have had an unpredictable season as well.

Sajid28
11-24-2009, 07:28 PM
"V" wrote:


"Big" wrote:


If the Packers win 4 more games they become 10-6 and should be good enough to make the wild-card. Their remaining schecule is:

at Detroit
Baltimore
at Chicago
at Pittsburgh
Seattle
at Arizona

The Packers are a better team than Detroit, Chicago and Seattle. They will win those 3 games. There is a very high probability that Arizona rests starters because it already clinched a playoff spot giving the Pack a fair shot at winning it. Both Baltimore and Pittspurgh have had topsy-turvy seasons so writing those games off as sure loss's is premature.

My opinion is that the Packers earn a wild card spot with a 10-6 record. They can probably get in with a 9-7 record too given how unpredictable the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles have been.



Your logic gives the Packers the benefit of the doubt in every possible way.

- You say they will beat DET, CHI, and SEA because they are the better team, but you fail to acknowledge that they lost to TB even thought they were the better team.
- You guess that Arizona will have locked up a division crown, but fail to ackolwedge that they could be playing to secue a 3 seed rather than a 4 seed.
- You credit the Packers because they are competing with DAL, NYG, PHI, BAL, and PIT, who have had "topsy turvy" seasons, but the Packers have had an unpredictable season as well.


i dont consider the packers a good team but if they get to 10-6 ill be impressed. they have lost to the bucs, but in the NFL any team can show up and win. I mean the bengals sweeped the the ravens and the steelers but they lost to the raiders. I think the pukers can beat det, chi and sea, but i dont see them beating the steelers or ravens. as for arizona, thats an iffy game considering its on week 17. if it was on any other week i would chalk that up as a loss

Caine
11-24-2009, 07:36 PM
"Sajid28" wrote:


"V" wrote:


"Big" wrote:


If the Packers win 4 more games they become 10-6 and should be good enough to make the wild-card. Their remaining schecule is:

at Detroit
Baltimore
at Chicago
at Pittsburgh
Seattle
at Arizona

The Packers are a better team than Detroit, Chicago and Seattle. They will win those 3 games. There is a very high probability that Arizona rests starters because it already clinched a playoff spot giving the Pack a fair shot at winning it. Both Baltimore and Pittspurgh have had topsy-turvy seasons so writing those games off as sure loss's is premature.

My opinion is that the Packers earn a wild card spot with a 10-6 record. They can probably get in with a 9-7 record too given how unpredictable the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles have been.



Your logic gives the Packers the benefit of the doubt in every possible way.

- You say they will beat DET, CHI, and SEA because they are the better team, but you fail to acknowledge that they lost to TB even thought they were the better team.
- You guess that Arizona will have locked up a division crown, but fail to ackolwedge that they could be playing to secue a 3 seed rather than a 4 seed.
- You credit the Packers because they are competing with DAL, NYG, PHI, BAL, and PIT, who have had "topsy turvy" seasons, but the Packers have had an unpredictable season as well.


i dont consider the packers a good team but if they get to 10-6 ill be impressed. they have lost to the bucs, but in the NFL any team can show up and win. I mean the bengals sweeped the the ravens and the steelers but they lost to the raiders. I think the pukers can beat det, chi and sea, but i dont see them beating the steelers or ravens. as for arizona, thats an iffy game considering its on week 17. if it was on any other week i would chalk that up as a loss


Packers go 8-8 this season and miss the play-offs, ruining our chances at the ONLY 3-peat in the rivalry.

I can see both Detroit and Chicago beating Green bay..especially now that Kampman and Whoopie are out for the season.
MAYBE you beat Seattle at home...but that's iffy.
Truth is, a 7-9 finish looks real good right about now for Green Bay.

Caine

purplepat
11-24-2009, 10:35 PM
I think the Packers have a pretty good shot at being a wild card team, though it remains to be seen how the loss of Harris in particular will affect their D.

They already have six wins.
They have games remaining with Detroit, at home against Seattle, and at Chicago.
These would all seem to be winnable games.

They travel to Arizona for the final game of the season.
In all likelihood, Arizona would have little to play for except perhaps deciding who they would face in the wild card round.
This could easily be a game that the Cardinals see as one they do not have to win, and could rest stars like Warner, Fitz, and Boldin much of the game.

Certainly the Ravens are no pushover, but they are beatable as proven by their 5-5 record, and the game is at Lambeau.

I'm not really giving the Packers much of a shot to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh, even though the Steelers at 6-4 are far from being unbeatable.


At any rate, if the Packers win the first three, and then just one of the other games (where a win over Arizona or Baltimore means a playoff spot), then the Packers get to ten wins.
I can see this as a distinct possibility.

Atlanta, at 5-5, is already a game down in the loss column to the Packers.
The Giants at 6-4 still have games remaining at Denver and Minnesota and host Dallas and Philadelphia.
The Eagles at 6-4 host Denver but must travel to New York, Dallas, and Atlanta.
Are both of these teams only going to lose one more game from here on out?
If the Pack can win their four remaining NFC matches, or at worst lose no more than two games with only one being an NFC game, they have an excellent shot of making the playoffs.

purplepat
11-24-2009, 10:42 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:


If the Packer want to meet the Vikes in the playoffs they better buy their tickets quick, the game is going to sellout quick this year ;)

Anyone going to get Aaron Rodges a jello shooter if they show up early to tailgate too :)


No, but I'd offer him a yellow snowcone.

vikinggreg
11-24-2009, 10:48 PM
"purplepat" wrote:


"vikinggreg" wrote:


If the Packer want to meet the Vikes in the playoffs they better buy their tickets quick, the game is going to sellout quick this year ;)

Anyone going to get Aaron Rodges a jello shooter if they show up early to tailgate too :)


No, but I'd offer him a yellow snowcone.


Just surround him with fans in Jared Allen jerseys and I bet he can make some yellow snow ;)

Purple Floyd
11-24-2009, 11:07 PM
"dfosterf" wrote:


I think that Pack93z, myself and the Rock should charge the other 8997 of you a small fee for affording you ladies and gents the opportunity to bring all your smack our way.

Maybe like the forum equivalent of three carnival clowns.
<---touch that one, and it'll cost you a dime, lol 10 verbal jabs for a buck.
Every time you get a good dunk in, we'll throw ya an extra couple of balls or something.


We'd probably get wealthy off some of you bastards.
;D




You 3 are the Larry, Moe and Curly of PP.O. That is for sure ;D

But we like having you around none the less.

Formo
11-24-2009, 11:20 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:


"purplepat" wrote:


"vikinggreg" wrote:


If the Packer want to meet the Vikes in the playoffs they better buy their tickets quick, the game is going to sellout quick this year ;)

Anyone going to get Aaron Rodges a jello shooter if they show up early to tailgate too :)


No, but I'd offer him a yellow snowcone.


Just surround him with fans in Jared Allen jerseys and I bet he can make some yellow snow ;)


HAHAHHA!!
+1

RoneG
11-25-2009, 12:16 AM
Haha

dfosterf
11-25-2009, 04:46 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:


"purplepat" wrote:


"vikinggreg" wrote:


If the Packer want to meet the Vikes in the playoffs they better buy their tickets quick, the game is going to sellout quick this year ;)

Anyone going to get Aaron Rodges a jello shooter if they show up early to tailgate too :)


No, but I'd offer him a yellow snowcone.


Just surround him with fans in Jared Allen jerseys and I bet he can make some yellow snow ;)



That's some good work there, in the humor department, I gotta admit.

:P

TARKenton
11-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Lets just focus on the Vikes.
It starts with beating the bears this weekend.
We'll worry about who we play in january when we get there.

For the record, the Vikings would beat the Packers again if they meet.
The Vikings are just a better team.

VikesFan787
11-25-2009, 05:44 PM
"V4L" wrote:


I hope they make it

Id love to spank them again at home with Brett


omg, could you imagine that game?!

Garland Greene
11-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Well at least the Packer fans are keeping hope alive. Evn if they make the playoffs there woudl have to be alot of things happen for us to meet in the playoffs.
Plus I don't think Rodgers will survive long enough to lead his team.
But look at it this way Packer fans, you will eventually get to cheer for Aaron Rogers lead the Vikings to the playoffs in a couple of years anyways, when he decides to join a real team.

dfosterf
11-27-2009, 10:50 AM
"Garland" wrote:


Well at least the Packer fans are keeping hope alive. Evn if they make the playoffs there woudl have to be alot of things happen for us to meet in the playoffs.
Plus I don't think Rodgers will survive long enough to lead his team.
But look at it this way Packer fans, you will eventually get to cheer for Aaron Rogers lead the Vikings to the playoffs in a couple of years anyways, when he decides to join a real team.


buncha' kleptomaniacs in Minnesota, lol

V4L
11-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Alright it is looking like they may take the TOP WILDCARD spot if they keep up what they are doing

If we remain second in the NFC.. would we play them? Or would we play the second wildcard team?

Rockmolder
11-27-2009, 12:22 PM
"V4L" wrote:


Alright it is looking like they may take the TOP WILDCARD spot if they keep up what they are doing

If we remain second in the NFC.. would we play them? Or would we play the second wildcard team?


If you get the second seed? I don't think you'd have to play a wild card team.

#1 and #2 - Division winners, 1st round bye.
#3 and #4 - Division winners, wildcard round.
#5 and #6 - Wilcard teams.

I do think that, if we where to beat the division winner #4, that we'd meet you the round after that.

And, this is wishfull thinking, of course, we'd beat you and the #6 seed gets into the NFC Championship game, as well, we'd even have homefield advantage.

Lol.

V4L
11-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Hahaha

Thanks for clarifying man

I always thought 1st 2 teams get byes

Then they both play the wildcard teams second round.. but that doesn't make sense now that I think about it