PDA

View Full Version : SEAHAWKS POSTGAME THREAD

ultravikingfan
11-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Favre, Harv, Sid, Shank, AD, Defense, Chiller...just awesome!!!

What a good win!

We played great Pass D today and overall good Defense.

Favre was just awesome!
Just f-ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
141.8 rating!

Good job Chilly and Co.
Bringing in Favre, starting 9-1...an extension was well deserved.

Garland Greene
11-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Graet game not a whole lot to complain about. But i am sure someone will find something

CCthebest
11-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Absolute domination.
Rice get better, PH gets better, Shanc gets better, Farve gets better every single game.

Garland Greene
11-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Unless he totally bombs the rest of the season Harvin will be Rookie of the Year.

Great game for
Harvin and Rice.

Defense great game. No Sacks, But they basically shut
them out except fo some garbage time points and yards

Texas Viking
11-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Game wasn’t televised here, but I followed it on NFL.COM and it looked like we played a nice, clean game.
Even TJ got a TD so well done all around!

gregair13
11-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Pretty close to a perfect game. I missed the whole first half and by the time I was home and able to tune in, the game was already out of hand.

molineviking
11-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Not much to critique, Favre, Rice, AP, D line, all played great!!!

IMissCris
11-22-2009, 03:05 PM
"Garland" wrote:

Unless he totally bombs the rest of the season Harvin will be Rookie of the Year.

Great game for
Harvin and Rice.

Defense great game. No Sacks, But they basically shut
them out except fo some garbage time points and yards

No game-changers or anything, but we had 2 more sacks in this gm.

NordicNed
11-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Probably our best played game all season.
Chilly has this team improving with each and every week that goes by.
I wonder if anyone is going to even face us, come playoff time

;D

Great game players / Great game called by coaches....... A in my book this week, for the entire team and coaching staff...

happy camper
11-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Nice relaxing game. Hopefully the guys don't lose motivation to play for.

Dekay
11-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Agreed. Almost flawless. Actually I dont know what to complain about really. perhaps a first shaky quarter by the offense?! But, no not even that is significant.

Good win overall. Too bad GB won, seems like they are on a roll, and might take a wildcard if they keep this on. I would hate that really. Even the Lions won. Cowboys won too, and i think they are the worst contenders besides NO for homefieldadvantage.

Jilly
11-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Life is good. It's great to be a Viking fan ;D

BBQ Platypus
11-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Now THAT'S how you take care of business.

There are no complaints here.
We crushed them - just like we should have.
But damned if I'm not happy anyway.
That was beautiful.

V4L
11-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Good game

Want our D to tighten up a bit.. Run D did this week.. Just get that pass D tightened up and I have no complaints what so ever

Dibbzz
11-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Great win all around. Offense, defense and (for the most part) special teams were all solid all game long. I thought we did a good job of putting pressure on Hasselbeck and basically corrupting their entire offensive gameplan. Some stupid penalties need to be fixed, but we settled into a groove early on and never let up; I hope this is a sign of things to come crunch time later in the season. And what can I say about Brett Favre that hasn't already been said 2349087324185973240896 times already? He's making this football team play better on all phases of the game, and they're having fun doing it. Plus playing with a big lead allows for him to get some much needed rest and more grooming time for Jackson. Kudos for spreading the ball around (and Sidney Rice actually got a couple of TD's today
;D) on offense today as four different receivers caught touchdown passes.

My only (VERY small) gripe would be again on our secondary towards the end of the game for playing a tad bit too soft, although it should be noted we weren't playing our starters at this point and we were ahead 35-3. A couple of lackadaisical tackles and soft coverage is the culprit here, but again this is just minor nitpicking since we pretty much rocked the caspah for the entire game. We NEED Winfield back next week.

Overall grade: A

Garland Greene
11-22-2009, 03:31 PM
"V4L" wrote:

Good game

Want our D to tighten up a bit.. Run D did this week.. Just get that pass D tightened up and I have no complaints what so ever

In all fairness it was against our second stringers

KrackerJack
11-22-2009, 03:33 PM
"Garland" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

Good game

Who also played quite well.
It was a great game, we got to see just about everyone step up today.

V4L
11-22-2009, 03:34 PM
"Garland" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

Good game

Our only pick was with our back ups back ups

Im talking whole game.. Even with Paymah and them

I know it's the scheme.. But I would like to add in the bump coverage a bit.. Mix it up.. Teams seem to pass at ease.. It would put us at the top

V4L
11-22-2009, 03:35 PM
"Dibbzz" wrote:

Great win all around. Offense, defense and (for the most part) special teams were all solid all game long. I thought we did a good job of putting pressure on Hasselbeck and basically corrupting their entire offensive gameplan. Some stupid penalties need to be fixed, but we settled into a groove early on and never let up; I hope this is a sign of things to come crunch time later in the season. And what can I say about Brett Favre that hasn't already been said 2349087324185973240896 times already? He's making this football team play better on all phases of the game, and they're having fun doing it. Plus playing with a big lead allows for him to get some much needed rest and more grooming time for Jackson. Kudos for spreading the ball around (and Sidney Rice actually got a couple of TD's today
;D) on offense today as four different receivers caught touchdown passes.

My only (VERY small) gripe would be again on our secondary towards the end of the game for playing a tad bit too soft, although it should be noted we weren't playing our starters at this point and we were ahead 35-3. A couple of lackadaisical tackles and soft coverage is the culprit here, but again this is just minor nitpicking since we pretty much rocked the caspah for the entire game. We NEED Winfield back next week.

Overall grade: A

Nicely said Dibbz

Secondary does need a little work.. But otherwise flawless

Garland Greene
11-22-2009, 03:40 PM
"V4L" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

Good game

I know it's the scheme.. But I would like to add in the bump coverage a bit.. Mix it up.. Teams seem to pass at ease.. It would put us at the top

True but in all fairness again it was Karl Paymah so the second stringer excuse does still hold true ;D

triedandtruevikesfan
11-22-2009, 03:40 PM
"VikingMD" wrote:

Life is good. It's great to be a Viking fan ;D

+1

V4L
11-22-2009, 03:43 PM
"Garland" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

Good game

True but in all fairness again it was Karl Paymah so the second stringer excuse does still hold true ;D

Lol ill enjoy it

Hassellbeck help under 300 after 2 straight

Good work boys

Garland Greene
11-22-2009, 03:43 PM
I really want to hear what Housh has to say about signing with the Seahags now.

V4L
11-22-2009, 03:46 PM
"Garland" wrote:

He guaranteed a win

V4L
11-22-2009, 03:47 PM
And he also said he is happy in his first year in Seatlle

BS

Dibbzz
11-22-2009, 03:50 PM
"V4L" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

He guaranteed a win

For which team?
:o

V4L
11-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Brett MVP?

Peyton and Brett 21 TDs

Peyton 9 picks.. Brett 3

V4L
11-22-2009, 03:53 PM
3 GREAT games by Edwards in a row

Lead our team in tackles this game

He was all over the place today.. No sacks this time.. But he played great

So much for Marrdro's LDE RDE thing with him.. When he said himself he was more comfy at LDE anyway

duvaldomo
11-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Brett 4 MVP

V4L
11-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Went from T-Jack 4 Prez

To Brett 4 MVP

Elam529
11-22-2009, 03:57 PM
My friend called me up last night and got me free tix to the game, and it was great, my first game since 98. Rice has established himself as one of the best young receivers in the league. Burleson had an amazing one handed grab while getting interfered by Paymah. My favorite part in the game was when TJack played actually pretty good. For once, I feel like I can forget Favre is our QB and just cherish what we have now.

I'm feeling the love, are you?

GO VIKINGS

V4L
11-22-2009, 04:00 PM
"Elam529" wrote:

My friend called me up last night and got me free tix to the game, and it was great, my first game since 98. Rice has established himself as one of the best young receivers in the league. Burleson had an amazing one handed grab while getting interfered by Paymah. My favorite part in the game was when TJack played actually pretty good. For once, I feel like I can forget Favre is our QB and just cherish what we have now.

GO VIKINGS

You're not a Seattle fan?

SharperImage
11-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Screw Brett, put Tjack back in there
8)....jk

lol

Great game by all 3 sides. I can't wait to hang with u guys at Chicago.

V4L
11-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I really need to make it down for that game!!!

swardsooner
11-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Didn't see the game.....22 of 25.....are you freakin' kidding me? :o

molineviking
11-22-2009, 04:06 PM
"V4L" wrote:

Yes you do, I've got a really really good Ahhh........Story to share with ya ;)

vikinggreg
11-22-2009, 04:07 PM
4 yards rushing allowed, Seattle set a record for the second time this year for fews yards rushing they've had....lol (not sure about that, it was something the Seattle channel post game show brought up)

1-10 on 3rd downs allowed, Seahawks didn't convert their first 3rd down until half way through the 4th quarter

yeah something about Favre, Rice, TJ and TDs and AD hitting some sort of yard mark or something

V4L
11-22-2009, 04:09 PM
"molineviking" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

Yes you do, I've got a really really good Ahhh........Story to share with ya ;)

;)

FF
11-22-2009, 04:14 PM
"swardsooner" wrote:

Didn't see the game.....22 of 25.....are you freakin' kidding me? :o

That's another "intangible" Favre's brings into any team he has been on ... Trust ... (not saying that other quarterbacks don't trust their receivers though, however). Favre has never been "hung up" on stats and will throw to whoever is open, and also sometimes "throw them open", trusting the recievers ability to make the play happen ... Granted if it were are "rookie" or few years starter quarterback we were talking about, it could be argued that it was more "coincidence" ...

But, on every team Favre has been on over the years, the receivers on those teams have had rather (and relative) successive seasons with #4 being under center ...

This "trust" has it's up's and down's but I think we are seeing exactly what can come of really trusting your team mates this season with the Vikings ... I think every receiver on the Vikings have gotten a huge confidence boost and it clearly shows on the field ...

Each week that passes by, I see more and more indications that Vikings can indeed make a very deep play off run ... and in the same time, I (think I am) seeing the Saints really having some serious "cracks" in their armor as well ... - In my mind regardless that the Saints are still undefeated, I think Vikings are by far the "Best Team" in the NFC - right now ... - Even if the Vikings go into the play offs with a 14-2 record and the Saints with 16-0 ... I would still bet on the Vikings to win against the Saints ...

However, alot can happen in the play offs ... - Even "bad" teams that make it on a wild card will have an equal shot, so who knows ... The Vikings might not even meet the Saints in the NFC
Championship game ...

VikingLance
11-22-2009, 04:26 PM
9-1.
;D

Like pretty much everyone said before me, not alot to complain about.
(like that's a bad thing?)
A dominant victory.
Starting to hear the "S" word more often.
Favre stated in his press conference that his goal is to lead this team to the Super Bowl.
Yeah, we feel pretty confident beating the shit out of a 3-6 team, but there are only 15 teams in the NFL with a better than .500 record.
(as of 4:24pm 11/22 central).
What am I trying to say?
We Kick Ass.

SKOL VIKINGS

NodakPaul
11-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Very well played game by the Vikings.
Should be nothing to complain about.
I am very, very happy with the win today.

Formo
11-22-2009, 04:31 PM
A well-oiled MACHINE.

SKOL!

molineviking
11-22-2009, 04:32 PM
"Elam529" wrote:

GO VIKINGS

Two weeks ago you predicted the Lions would beat us 52-17, You have a Seahawk as an avatar, are you a spy????? Who are you??

gagarr
11-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Favre gotta take a take a early nap for the 4th..... good ending.

NodakPaul
11-22-2009, 04:51 PM
In case anyone is curious, the highest rated QB on the field today was....

Tavaris Jackson ;D

He just edged out Favre in the QB rating.
Tarvaris Jackson MIN vs SEA W
35-9
6 8 77 1 0 0 0 144.3
Brett Favre MIN vs SEA W
35-9 22 25 213 4 0 2 0 141.7

All joking aside, I actually liked what I saw out of TJack in the 4th.
I still say that TJack is very good off the bench.
Props to him for making some good decisions and showing us some skills today.

Johnson14
11-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Terrific win today
;D

Paymah worries me at corner so the sooner Winfield is healthy the better, but thats just me nit picking
:)

9-1 baby
8)

ultravikingfan
11-22-2009, 05:03 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

The sad thing is, there will be something to complain about.

Either by noodle-dick or someone questioning 1 play call.

Dekay
11-22-2009, 05:19 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Either by noodle-dick or someone questioning 1 play call.

I saw a bad throw Favre wanted back, one of the few he didnt get a reception from his receivers on. And the TD thrown by TJack, well he squared off his feet to the right really really early on and really showed he was supposed to throw to the right. Im not totally sold on TJack, he is good enough I guess. Thats probably the only thing i have to nitpick on haha.

This forum will be booring if we cant lure out the negative nancys. Hows that above for feeding the trolls?! ;)

NodakPaul
11-22-2009, 05:22 PM
"Dekay" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Either by noodle-slick willy or someone questioning 1 play call.

I saw a bad throw Favre wanted back, one of the few he didnt get a reception from his receivers on. And the TD thrown by TJack, well he squared off his feet to the right really really early on and really showed he was supposed to throw to the right. Im not totally sold on TJack, he is good enough I guess. Thats probably the only thing i have to nitpick on haha.

This forum will be booring if we cant lure out the negative nancys. Hows that above for feeding the trolls?! ;)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/carlos57775/SCobc6EL_hI/AAAAAAAABys/RG0y66Z3ZDY/s288/Don%27t%20feed%20the%20troll.jpg

;D

Big C
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM
We were kicking ass on both sides of the ball and usuals (Favre, Rice, AP, Shancoe, Defense, etc) played very well.

The smaller things that pleased me were:
- EJ showed some hints of his former-self today.
- Asher Allen is making plays whenever he gets a chance.
- Awesome ST tackle from Greg Lewis.
- Chestor Taylor ran the ball nicely and had some big gains.
- Jamarca Sanfrod might push Tyrell Johnson for the safety position next year.
- TJ need to improve his screen pass, but otherwise had a solid game.

PurplePeopleEaters
11-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Not much to say. Dominant all around. We made their passing stats look decent late unfortunately. Held them to, what, 5 yards rushing? That's the Vikings I'm used to seeing.

Sajid28
11-22-2009, 05:37 PM
very happy with the win.. no complaints.. its nice to see us put a pounding on a team.

Sajid28
11-22-2009, 05:38 PM
BTW.. Sidney is a bad ass!! Did you see how he jumped up and grabbed that TD? that was a Randy moment

happy camper
11-22-2009, 05:44 PM
I like the Vikings being conservative with Winfield's injury. I was really worried about that injury destroying us but keep that man off the field until he is ready. I think we're doing an exceptional job without him (never thought I would say that).

BloodyHorns82
11-22-2009, 05:47 PM
I drank alcoholic beverages during the game.
Yet still it was a fun victory.

PurplePeopleEaters
11-22-2009, 05:47 PM
"happy" wrote:

I like the Vikings being conservative with Winfield's injury. I was really worried about that injury destroying us but keep that man off the field until he is ready. I think we're doing an exceptional job without him (never thought I would say that).

It sets us up quite well for the stretch run actually. We've proven we can still be a dominant defense without Winfield and have given some of our other players key reps in the secondary (Sapp, Allen, Paymah etc.) Now it remains to be seen how much better we can be with Winfield. I feel confident in the abilities of Sapp and Allen to fill in well at the Nickel and Dime spot. Other than the safeties who could use some improving, the secondary should shape up well towards the end of the year and in time for the playoffs.

jkjuggalo
11-22-2009, 05:48 PM
I watched the game with my friend who is a Seattle fan.
Now I know what it is like to hang out with me when the Vikings are having a bad season.
It is unpleasant.

We beat a team we really should have beaten, and I'm happy we did it so definitively.
We are really making a statement right now.
I think we beat the Saints right now.
Can't wait to see how far we go...

NodakPaul
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

I drank alcoholic beverages during the game.
Yet still it was a fun victory.

Did the trophy from last week ever make it home?
And did it make it back to tailgating today>

vikinggreg
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

Not much to say. Dominant all around. We made their passing stats look decent late unfortunately. Held them to, what, 5 yards rushing? That's the Vikings I'm used to seeing.

yards rushing ;D

Also 4 tds for # 4 with TJ getting a TD in the 4th qtr

ejmat
11-22-2009, 05:50 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Tavaris Jackson ;D

35-9
6 8 77 1 0 0 0 144.3
Brett Favre MIN vs SEA W

I agree.
He had that one bad throw that should have been picked but other than that he looked good.
Great job finding Rice on that scramble when they got the first down on the challenge.
He was throwing the ball well and with some good zip.

NodakPaul
11-22-2009, 05:51 PM
"JuddZulgad" wrote:

Adrian Peterson update: He lost 3 yards on his final series of the day and finished the game with 999 yards rushing

Dekay
11-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Hahah Hilarious. I just saw the Seattle postgame conference. And Matt Hasselbacks righteously speaks out what I thought of putting Tarvaris Jackson in so early. Its the utterly and utmost embarrassment for the other team hahaha.

here is a link if you wanna see.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seahawks/09000d5d81465d7d/Seahawks-postgame-press-conference

i_bleed_purple
11-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Awesome game.
Had a few too many penalties for my liking, but we overcame.

Started out real slow on offense, and I was worried this would be another one of those games where we shoot ourselves in the foot and make this a game, but We really started to pick it up in the 2nd quarter.
Liked seeing TJ in during the third quarter, I'd love if we could keep getting leads and letting our backups play a bit.

Some good things:
Favre - 88% and 4 td's in 2 and a half quarters, not bad at all.
Receivers: Aside from the one big drop by Rice, they had a very good game.
Rice was getting abused though.
Backs.
Pretty good, AP with 86, and CT with 75, good effort by both of them, liked seeing them both on the field at the same time.
Defense: Played lights out, numerous 3 and outs, and we only gave up that TD when we had backups in.

Needs work:
Pass protection.
Improved later on, but in the first half it was pretty bad at times
Screen plays: We blew a few up, but had a couple go for big yards on us.
We can't have this happen.

And thats about it.
We won in a blowout, which is exactly what I expected.

cue180
11-22-2009, 07:27 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Tavaris Jackson ;D

35-9
6 8 77 1 0 0 0 144.3
Brett Favre MIN vs SEA W

That's hilarious...they might want to put a minimum throw limit in this statistic in order to give a qb rating.

BleedinPandG
11-22-2009, 07:41 PM
"cue180" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Tavaris Jackson ;D

35-9
6 8 77 1 0 0 0 144.3
Brett Favre MIN vs SEA W

That's hilarious...they might want to put a minimum throw limit in this statistic in order to give a qb rating.

Still needs to work on his accuracy some though his touch is improving greatly.
I like that he's getting to the line faster and doing more pre-snap work... he sensed pressure and moved in the pocket very well.
He is definitely picking things up from Favre but the accuracy is something he needs to work on himself alone.

jargomcfargo
11-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Many positives.
Negatives.
Why do the Vikings fail to block the gunners on punt returns, so often?
The zone blocking doesn't seem to open many holes for Peterson.
Not enough pictures of the cheerleaders on the telecast.

BTW The injury that would hurt the Vikings offense the most, besides Favre, would have to be Harvin.
He does so much and there is nobody to replace him. Maybe Raynaud.

I would like to see Harvin stop running back kicks when we get a big lead.

Sajid28
11-22-2009, 07:44 PM
i cant believe im saying this lol, jk
:P .. but good move by chilly in benching favre early in the 4th to get tjack some snaps and to avoid the risks of unecessary injuries.. he should of taken AP out too IMO

Vikestand
11-22-2009, 07:47 PM
"It was a tough day," Hasselbeck said. "When they put Tarvaris Jackson in in the fourth quarter, it's almost embarrassing to be down by that much, when they're pulling their guys. It's just hard being in this situation right now. We're not used to it."

LMFAO

BleedinPandG
11-22-2009, 07:55 PM
"Vikestand" wrote:

"It was a tough day," Hasselbeck said. "When they put Tarvaris Jackson in in the fourth quarter, it's almost embarrassing to be down by that much, when they're pulling their guys. It's just hard being in this situation right now. We're not used to it."

LMFAO

Someone should have told him TJ actually came in at the end of the 3rd quarter :)

Game was very easy to watch, that's for sure.
At this point, it seems like the only thing that slows our offense down is penalties or the occasional sack.

I only had 2 small nit picks... someone needs to tell Harvin that a kick off is a free ball.
Early in the game he let one bounce in the end zone and started heading to the sidelines.
Lucky for him it went through the end zone for a touch back but I don't believe he intended to field the ball.
Later in the game he did something very similar.

Second one is also on special teams.
At the end of the 1st half the Vikes called time outs SPECIFICALLY to force the Seachickens to punt to Reynaud.
Their punters was consistently out kicking his coverage.
Reynaud needs to be coached that you return that punt no matter what.
You don't play the field position game of taking the touchback, you field it and take your shot at a TD.

Just two rookie (is Reynaud a rook?) mistakes we need to clean up.
Fabulous game by the team though.
Ray Edwards was a beast again.
He's going to start making Allen look bad!

Sajid28
11-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Fun quotes from Seahawkblue.com
;D

So Farv-ra had an 88% completion rate today. We made another QB look like a Hall of Famer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC

What the hell was the point of going for 2? WTF? Are we that close?

Cuz then we'd be down by only 4 scores.

It's only 35 to 3. We're still in this!

Wow, that tired defense just made Jackson look like a pro bowler. This game is so bad I'm considering switching to the Browns-Lions game.

the way things are going, I'll probably have to wear a bag over my head.

Having an amazing season so far... Atleast my Madden Seahawks are 14-2 and in the NFC Championship game...

It's the 3rd quarter and we still haven't converted a 3rd down.

mad-dog_six-eight
11-22-2009, 08:25 PM
should we be worried?

the only real competition we have for the rest of the season are the bengals and the giants, possibly the division games with the bears only cuz its prime time and a divisional game. but other than that we havent really faced great opponents. the steelers game was well played by both teams with the exception of two freak plays by the vikes. do we dominate in the rest of our wimpy schedule and then get owned in the playoffs? maybe i'm just paranoid.

echizen20
11-22-2009, 08:50 PM
"mad-dog_six-eight" wrote:

should we be worried?

the only real competition we have for the rest of the season are the bengals and the giants, possibly the division games with the bears only cuz its prime time and a divisional game. but other than that we havent really faced great opponents. the steelers game was well played by both teams with the exception of two freak plays by the vikes. do we dominate in the rest of our wimpy schedule and then get owned in the playoffs? maybe i'm just paranoid.

Should we be worried?
No way, not even close.
Right now, we are the hottest team.

midgensa
11-22-2009, 09:02 PM

should we be worried?

Yep ... we suck.

hovan
11-22-2009, 09:36 PM

should we be worried?

Just Paranoid.
Go watch the Favre throw against the Niners again, it will set your mind at ease. Special Season.

ultravikingfan
11-22-2009, 09:53 PM
"hovan" wrote:

should we be worried?

Just Paranoid.
Go watch the Favre throw against the Niners again, it will set your mind at ease. Special Season.

LOL!

Good to hear from you again!

CrazyVikingsFan
11-22-2009, 09:59 PM
haha I'm going to go ahead and be that guy. The one problem I had with the game was in the first quarter I believe where we had the ball on their 32 and then penalties forced us back to to our side of the field and we were forced to punt. That was a bad drive for us; we weren't playing good football, but besides that a near perfect game for the team and I couldn't be happier.

Overlord
11-22-2009, 10:24 PM
"CrazyVikingsFan" wrote:

haha I'm going to go ahead and be that guy. The one problem I had with the game was in the first quarter I believe where we had the ball on their 32 and then penalties forced us back to to our side of the field and we were forced to punt. That was a bad drive for us; we weren't playing good football, but besides that a near perfect game for the team and I couldn't be happier.

Yeah, those stick out a bit because there were a few in a row, or at least bunched in with some bad plays.
But overall the Vikes had 5 penalties that cost them 31 yards.
That's not bad.
I think I was almost more upset with the Seahawks for slowing down an otherwise good game with their sloppy play.
Oh well, their 10 penalties helped the Vikes.

It really is hard to think of anything negative from this game.
I think the run blocking was better than it had been.
Tackling was pretty good from the defense.
EJ Henderson had what I think is his best game of the season so far.
He looked decisive and was active in the backfield a few times.

I guess there were a few mental errors in the return game.
I don't really know how Harvin made a decent return of it near the end of the game when he let the ball bounce around at the one.
Reynaud is awesome returning punts, but he looked like he made a few mistakes on when to catch and when to watch it go.
Nothing big though.

Another fun game to watch for Vikings fans.

IMissCris
11-22-2009, 10:43 PM

should we be worried?

I've had same kind of thoughts....but when you think about it, with how hot the Saints are as well, it's not as if we'll be locking up the division then benching our starters for 3 quarters every game. We'll still be playing for something (a bye, then home field), and with NO on track for 14 or 15 wins, our first teamers will be in for the duration.

In short: maybe we should be worried, but we've got a couple left to show our stuff. Here's to 15-1.

V4L
11-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Not worried, just catious

V-Unit
11-22-2009, 11:34 PM
My Thoughts:

- Brett Favre is freaking ridiculous. Wow is he good. Gret accuracy. Great rapport. Great pocket presence.
- We dinked and dunked a lot but it stll worked.
- I love the use of Chester Taylor in this game. He is still a great asset for us.
- Shank has turned into he best TE we've had in a very long time.
- Percy personifies this team. Tons of talent. Great effort.
- I am simply apalled by the year that Sidney Rice is having. Improvement was expected but no one could have predicted this.
- AD was great today too even though Seattle keyed on the run. He is our rock.
- Ray Edwards hoo boy! He may be our best DE right now.
- Allen has been freakishly quiet lately. I'm not cocerned but it is odd.
- I'm glad that we chose to blitz less this game.
- Griffin has got to be given props for leading a very young secondary.

That is about as pefect of a game as you can play. I'm really amazed about how the season has panned out thus far. We seem to have extremely feew weaknesses. We are incredibly healthy. We won't have to be concerned about Favre breaking down during the last five games, because we may have already clinched the division by then. 9-1 sounds awesome huh?

Sajid28
11-22-2009, 11:39 PM

should we be worried?

cardinals game isnt going to be a walk in the park. playing away on the west usually doesnt translate well for the away team. its only a matter of taking one game at a time. live by that and play hungry and we can go to the promise land.

thorshammer
11-22-2009, 11:48 PM
we are a very good team .... great game for us

mad-dog_six-eight
11-22-2009, 11:57 PM
i'm not saying that the rest of our schedule is gonna be a walk in the park, but i just thing that our schedule not only will not get the vikes totally ready to play the cream of the crop in the playoffs but it could also swell the heads of the team. i will maintain that the vikings are probably the most complete team in the league right now and, as the announcer said today, have shown no true weaknesses, but i just think the rest of the regular season could make the playoffs a little harder to deal with.

on another note, i NEVER expected Brett to play so well. He has been playing like he did in his prime. i can't believe he's only thrown 3 INT's so far, insane! is he a legitimate contender for the MVP award?

Yfz01
11-23-2009, 12:00 AM

i'm not saying that the rest of our schedule is gonna be a walk in the park, but i just thing that our schedule not only will not get the vikes totally ready to play the cream of the crop in the playoffs but it could also swell the heads of the team. i will maintain that the vikings are probably the most complete team in the league right now and, as the announcer said today, have shown no true weaknesses, but i just think the rest of the regular season could make the playoffs a little harder to deal with.

on another note, i NEVER expected Brett to play so well. He has been playing like he did in his prime. i can't believe he's only thrown 3 INT's so far, insane! is he a legitimate contender for the MVP award?

Yes, Favre would probably win the MVP if the league ended today.
He has as many TD's as Manning with 1/3rd of the INTs and nearly the same completion %.

5vikingsrule6
11-23-2009, 01:06 AM
After reading these things for nearly 3 years, i'll finally start commenting them too.

QB: A+ cant go wrong with favre at helm. looked excellent today. Zippin those balls looks like his arm is a harden noodle.
RB: A Adrian peterson did well, and today showed us how great Chester is to our team.
WR: A+ Wow sid the kid, percy what can i say about that performance? Rice is a beast out there catching anything in his way. and percy is a ping pong ball bouncing off everything.
TE: A
Shankcoe looked great as well and is one of the top TEs of the league.

DL: B+ Pushed the heck out of the o-line no sacks today but brought a lot of pressure.
LB: B
slacked alittle in coverage, but they stuffed the run well and EJ Henderson my boy played excellent.
CB: B+ we looked pretty good in coverage, Asher Allen had a pick (go SEC) and our safety look like they know how to tackle now. Only thing i didnt like was that sapp who was just standing there touching the blocker during that screen pass?

Overall a great win for us, we played almost a complete game as we can. Offensively and Defensively we worked the seahawks to the ground. I can only wonder what TJ Doucheyomomma was thinking at the end of the game, should of taken the steak. We just need to keep focus and start out our first quarter drives better.
SKOL VIKES!!

UTVikfan
11-23-2009, 01:51 AM
What a great win. I am trying to think of the last time we swatted a fly with a sledgehammer like that. So nice to see us completely dominate a game we should.

michaelmazid
11-23-2009, 01:56 AM
its gonna be minny vs saints in the nfc championship game and we got a great shot to get to the superbowl since its gonna be in a dome eighter way

digital420
11-23-2009, 04:50 AM
An amazing performance!!!!!

i really enjoyed watching this with the old man on the phone..

i think we laughed so many times my wife was thinking some1 had slipped me some laughing gas..

ohh.. wasn't it bradshaw that said... "Seattle needs to estabilish the run to give their air attack some leeway."

well... they did.. establish the... run..
they established that... NO1 runs on phatpat!!
if it hadn't been for hassels.. 4 yard run.. they woulda had 0 yrds rushing.

0!!!

all 3 phases made me smile, even percy's grab the ball on the 1 with 4 guys around you and STILL make it to the 20!

was a smart move to put in tjack in the 3rd... notice how it just crushed the seachickens...

WTF was ray!!!
team leading for tackles!!
he's finally stepping up sa he shoulda long ago!! glad to see it.

our wr's.. just.. outstanding!!
QB's nothing more i can say, D... wow.., spteams... lewis.. what a tackle!!! farwell showing he's a stud!! and well.. longwell.. 5x5 no need for the fg..

at one point my dad asked me...
"Is this a dream?
if so.. don't let the game end!!!"

DiGiTaL

BleedinPandG
11-23-2009, 06:45 AM
"5vikingsrule6" wrote:

After reading these things for nearly 3 years, i'll finally start commenting them too.

QB: A+ cant go wrong with favre at helm. looked excellent today. Zippin those balls looks like his arm is a harden noodle.
RB: A Adrian peterson did well, and today showed us how great Chester is to our team.
WR: A+ Wow sid the kid, percy what can i say about that performance? Rice is a beast out there catching anything in his way. and percy is a ping pong ball bouncing off everything.
TE: A

Shankcoe looked great as well and is one of the top TEs of the league.

DL: B+ Pushed the heck out of the o-line no sacks today but brought a lot of pressure.
LB: B
slacked alittle in coverage, but they stuffed the run well and EJ Henderson my boy played excellent.
CB: B+ we looked pretty good in coverage, Asher Allen had a pick (go SEC) and our safety look like they know how to tackle now. Only thing i didnt like was that sapp who was just standing there touching the blocker during that screen pass?

Overall a great win for us, we played almost a complete game as we can. Offensively and Defensively we worked the seahawks to the ground. I can only wonder what TJ Doucheyomomma was thinking at the end of the game, should of taken the steak. We just need to keep focus and start out our first quarter drives better.
SKOL VIKES!!

Sapp's job on that screen pass is to force the runner inside towards the safeties and linebackers... he was playing position like he should, not the tackle, especially while being blocked.
If he lets that guy get outside of him, it's a TD... he was doing his job, unfortunately the backup inside wasn't there or wasn't in time.

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 06:56 AM
I'M PISSED.
WTF......

Been waiting all year to see TJ and I missed him.
:'(

Wildwoman and I went up to watch the Bengals game with the couple we are coming home with in Dec.
Missed the whole second half.

Missed TJ and the Bengals lost.
Worst weekend of football ever.
Vikes looked good though.

halfgiz
11-23-2009, 07:55 AM
"Sajid28" wrote:

BTW.. Sidney is a bad jiggly butt!! Did you see how he jumped up and grabbed that TD? that was a Randy moment

I loved that play!! Brett threw it where only Rice could make the catch and he did make a great catch. ;D
Just goes to show how much them 2 are on the same page.

marshallvike
11-23-2009, 07:57 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I'M PISSED.
WTF......

Wildwoman and I went up to watch the Bengals game with the couple we are coming home with in Dec.

I was telling the Bear and Puker fans at the pub if LNAD scored on the drive to put them up 28-0, we would probably see TJ. That is a good thing about the staff this year, if they build up a lead, they give TJ some time in game situations. Helping save Farves' arm and keeping TJ ready if needed. Isn't that the third game he has seen time this year?

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 08:01 AM
"marshallvike" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I'M PISSED.
WTF......

I was telling the Bear and Puker fans at the pub if LNAD scored on the drive to put them up 28-0, we would probably see TJ. That is a good thing about the staff this year, if they build up a lead, they give TJ some time in game situations. Helping save Farves' arm and keeping TJ ready if needed. Isn't that the third time he has seen time this year?

Well, really only 2 with significant time were he had a chance to get in a rhythm.
Rams and the Seahawks.

Rams, he looked good moving the 2's and 3's against thier 1's.
And from what I can gather, he was out with the 1's a bit yesterday and only had one bad throw that hit a LB'r instead of a reciever (from what I can gather).

AngloVike
11-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Good game and the sort that I was hoping we would have last week after the bye but still makes a change to put away an opponent instead of letting them hang around as has often happened. Don't know what was going on with the OL in the first quarter but once we moved into the second then they never looked back at all.
Rice and Harvin both made some top catches again and helped get those chains moved. Credit to Favre for again making some good reads and not forcing the ball when someone nearer was available. With the likes of Shiancoe, Rice and Harvin then even a short pass can go a long way which makes it harder for a defence to handle.
All in all pretty good play calling by the staff though I did wonder when we had a couple of draw plays on 3rd and long but guess you have to try to be unpredictable at times.
We're now getting to not be under the radar so much and with the Bears in own next weekend then the team will need to have their A game ready. Even with Cutler struggling and the Bears D not quite the force they were we can't afford any slip ups, especially if we want to catch and pass New Orleans for #1 seeding in the NFC.

AngloVike
11-23-2009, 08:11 AM
"marshallvike" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I'M PISSED.
WTF......

I was telling the Bear and Puker fans at the pub if LNAD scored on the drive to put them up 28-0, we would probably see TJ. That is a good thing about the staff this year, if they build up a lead, they give TJ some time in game situations. Helping save Farves' arm and keeping TJ ready if needed. Isn't that the third game he has seen time this year?

yes think it is the third game but the first one where he has seen a large amount of playing time. I was impressed with the throws that he made and general awareness and finally saw some improvement from his previous appearances. Is he the QB of the future after Favre? still not sure of that but he looks to finally be actually learning about the game and taking it in, even if Favre isn't directly teaching him ( and he may be for all I know ) then he is learning just by watching Favre in practice and game time. It has probably been a blessing that Favre has not been a gunslinger this season as playing a controlled game is rubbing off on TJ.

Zeus
11-23-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm on Page 1, first message of this thread.
Posting this because I'm going to read all 10 pages and wonder if the negative types have found something about which to whine after this dominating victory.

We'll see.

=Z=

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 08:17 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

Posting this because I'm going to read all 10 pages and wonder if the negative types have found something about which to whine after this dominating victory.

We'll see.

=Z=

Nope, even though a few of you worried about negativity, no negativity to be found.

I did giggle every time I saw someone mention negativity.
;)

Braddock
11-23-2009, 08:18 AM
"V" wrote:

My Thoughts:

- Brett Favre is freaking ridiculous. Wow is he good. Gret accuracy. Great rapport. Great pocket presence.
- I love the use of Chester Taylor in this game. He is still a great asset for us.
- I am simply apalled by the year that Sidney Rice is having. Improvement was expected but no one could have predicted this.

That is about as pefect of a game as you can play. I'm really amazed about how the season has panned out thus far. We seem to have extremely feew weaknesses. We are incredibly healthy. We won't have to be concerned about Favre breaking down during the last five games, because we may have already clinched the division by then. 9-1 sounds awesome huh?

Appalled isn't really the right word. It connotates disgusted, angered. i.e. I was appalled with TJ Houz did not sign with the Vikings, but am now glad we drafted Percy. We ended up ahead for it.

Allen is by far our best DE. Teams say what happened with GB gave him only one person to beat. Now they know they cannot let him just fly by, and even then, he's always at the QB's feet, always closing the pocket. Just b/c he isn't getting sacks doesn't mean he isn't doing his job exceptionally well.

Griff deserves credit for a lot of things, but he has been a mighty fine example for the younger guys. However, let's not judge our pass d against the Seahawks. Let's see how we do against AZ and Cin(b/c we'll shut the run down, so they'll start throwing a lot).

marshallvike
"Marrdro" wrote:

"marshallvike" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I'M PISSED.
WTF......

I was telling the Bear and Puker fans at the pub if LNAD scored on the drive to put them up 28-0, we would probably see TJ. That is a good thing about the staff this year, if they build up a lead, they give TJ some time in game situations. Helping save Farves' arm and keeping TJ ready if needed. Isn't that the third time he has seen time this year?

Well, really only 2 with significant time were he had a chance to get in a rhythm.
Rams and the Seahawks.

And from what I can gather, he was out with the 1's a bit yesterday and only had one bad throw that hit a LB'r instead of a reciever (from what I can gather).

I thought he had one dropped and one completed pass brought back on a penalty. Seemed to pick up the blitz well. Overall he looked pretty good.

Zeus
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

We'll see.

Nope, even though a few of you worried about negativity, no negativity to be found.

;)

Coupla whines about the secondary (second-string secondary, at that) and penalties (although they only had 5).
Ahhhh....gonna be a nice Thanksgiving week!

=Z=

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 08:20 AM
"marshallvike" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marshallvike" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I'M PISSED.
WTF......

Rams and the Seahawks.

I thought he had one dropped and one completed pass brought back on a penalty. Seemed to pick up the blitz well. Overall he looked pretty good.

My uncle and a friend said that he moved in the pocket as well.
Said pressure was coming behind him and he actually moved out of it on time.

halfgiz
11-23-2009, 08:21 AM
"Sajid28" wrote:

should we be worried?

cardinals game isnt going to be a walk in the park. playing away on the west usually doesnt translate well for the away team. its only a matter of taking one game at a time. live by that and play hungry and we can go to the promise land.

Arizona Cardinals are going to be a great test for our team.
Warner has a great arm...with two great receivers.
It will be interesting to watch how the secondary handles the receivers.

As far as the Steelers every game Polamalu has missed this season. The Steelers have lost..

marshallvike
11-23-2009, 08:24 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

We'll see.

;)

Coupla whines about the secondary (second-string secondary, at that) and penalties (although they only had 5).
Ahhhh....gonna be a nice Thanksgiving week!

=Z=

Capped off by a dominating win over the Bears next Sunday!!!

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 08:26 AM
"halfgiz" wrote:

"Sajid28" wrote:

should we be worried?

Arizona Cardinals are going to be a great test for our team.
Warner has a great arm...with two great receivers.
It will be interesting to watch how the secondary handles the receivers.

As far as the Steelers every game Polamalu has missed this season. The Steelers have lost..

If Warner plays......Doesn't matter how good his recievers are if he has lingering issues with respect to that knock on the head yesterday.
;)

Even after thier poor showing yesterday, the only team I am worried about (regular season) is the Bengals.

Freya
11-23-2009, 08:32 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I'M PISSED.
WTF......

I thought TJ looked very good. I was impressed. It would appear that he has been taking notes from the sidelines and applying them to his game.
Favre coming here is probably the best thing that ever happened to TJ. I hope he continues to take advantage of this opportunity.

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 08:39 AM
"Freya" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I'M PISSED.
WTF......

I thought TJ looked very good. I was impressed. It would appear that he has been taking notes from the sidelines and applying them to his game.
Favre coming here is probably the best thing that ever happened to TJ. I hope he continues to take advantage of this opportunity.

Thanks young lady.
Gonna be interesting to watch what they do with him at the end of this year.

Freya
11-23-2009, 08:44 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Freya" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I'M PISSED.
WTF......

Thanks young lady.

Your welcome, Darlin. And I am very interested in seeing what they do with him. However, I do not think they are having him back up Favre without the intention of keeping him for the long term. That could change, but I think they are using this as a tutorial.

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 08:47 AM
"Freya" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Freya" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I'M PISSED.
WTF......

Thanks young lady.

Your welcome, Darlin. And I am very interested in seeing what they do with him. However, I do not think they are having him back up Favre without the intention of keeping him for the long term. That could change, but I think they are using this as a tutorial.

I've readily admitted that I thought that TJ would benifit most from watching our current starter. Who better to learn from than arguably one of the best to run the WCO?

As much as I hate to admit it, Joe is just to old to bring in.
;)

C Mac D
11-23-2009, 08:48 AM
There was a game this weekend?

Jackson finished with a better QB rating than Favre.

I was right all along.

NodakPaul
11-23-2009, 08:57 AM
"C" wrote:

I was right all along.

lol. ;D

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Tavaris Jackson ;D

35-9
6 8 77 1 0 0 0 144.3
Brett Favre MIN vs SEA W

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 09:04 AM
"C" wrote:

I was right all along.

You crack me up.
;D

Zeus
11-23-2009, 09:48 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/11/22/Week11/1.html

Three teams have a legit argument to be the best team in football (maybe a fourth, if you include the Patriots), but pick against the Vikings at your own risk.

That was a total dismantling of the Seahawks by Minnesota. Seattle's terrible. Ten first downs, four rushing yards, 18 minutes of possession. The Vikings' defense just smothered them. But what makes Minnesota dangerous is that Brett Favre's playing like he played in his three-year MVP run a decade and a half ago. In fact, my Twitter followers are appealing for me to have Favre pass Peyton Manning in my MVP Watch below, and if he keeps this up, I'm going to have a very tough decision at the end of the year.

Just look at the numbers. We might be seeing his most impressive season. Comparing the average of his three MVP years (1995 through 1997; he shared the '97 MVP with Barry Sanders) to this year:

Year Comp. % TD INT Yds. Rating
[li]'95-97 (avg.) .607 37 14 4,060 96.1

'09 (projected) .697 34 5 3,971 112.1

Watching Favre through 10 weeks, I'm starting to think he's going to make it through 16 games, and more. His groin strain doesn't seem to be bothering him. If it is, coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell are doing a good job choreographing safe plays for him. But the way Favre's jumping around after touchdowns, he looks pretty healthy. He's leaving nothing to chance. If this is his last go-round, he's going to be sure there's nothing he hasn't done to make sure he reaches as high as he can.

"Last night,' Childress told me after the 35-9 win over the Seahawks, "when I got to the hotel, I looked in our film room. It was about 5:30. And there's Favre, sitting there by himself, watching video. He's amazing. He's a worker. He's the master of the piano, a great guy I can point to as an example for the rest of the team.'

Clearly, it's helped Favre to have the best offensive supporting cast he's ever had. The line keeps him clean, he has the best all-around back in football, Adrian Peterson, behind him, and he has three deep threats (Percy Harvin, Sidney Rice and Bernard Berrian), the kind of depth at receiver he didn't have with the Packers or Jets. "Maybe in the back of my mind, I know I don't have to do as much,' he told reporters after the game.

The MVP race could be a doozy. In 1995, only four quarterbacks threw for 4,000 yards. This year, 10 could. Manning's on pace for a 5,074-yard season, though he'll probably fall far short of that. Once the Colts have their spot in the AFC playoffs clinched, look for Jim Caldwell to rest Manning and most of his starters as much as he can.

The MVP's not very high on Favre's agenda, I'm sure. What he's focused on is winning a second Super Bowl. It's why he came back. And it's looking like a pretty smart decision, by Favre and Childress, the one who went and got him.

=Z=

Zeus
11-23-2009, 10:54 AM
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2986_Sunday_storylines%3A_record_day_for_Stafford%2C_Peyton%2C_BrettFavre%2C_TO%2C_Welker.html

Favre completed a career-high 88.0 percent of his passes (22 of 25), the second time this season (85.2 percent, Week 2 vs. Detroit) he has posted a completion percentage of at least 85.0. Entering 2009, he had zero such games.

=Z=

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Childress challenge gets perfect response

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/71118567.html

Zeus
11-23-2009, 11:02 AM
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2987_BrettFavre:_40_and_fabulous.html

BrettFavre: 40 and fabulous
Cold, Hard Football Facts for November 23, 2009

BrettFavre continues to channel the legacy of George Blanda, playing his best football here at the dawn of his fifth decade on earth.

The Favrkings quarterback completed 22 of 25 passes for 213 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INT and a nearly perfect 141.8 passer rating in Minnesota’s easy 35-9 win over Seattle. The Favrkings are now 9-1 and all but ensured of a first-round bye in the playoffs, while BrettFavre is literally playing better than he has at any time in a career so illustrious that it causes Chris Berman to quiver at the knees at the mere mention of his name.

The 40-year-old wonder is completing a higher percentage of passes for more yards and fewer picks than he has at any time in his Hall of Fame career – a career that included an unprecedented three straight league MVP trophies from 1995 to 1997.

One way or the other, the NFC playoff race looks like it will unfold in dramatic fashion:
A) BrettFavre will shock the football world and recast an even bigger legend than ever before, and become the first 40-year-old quarterback to carry his team to a Super Bowl; or
B) His amazing season will crumble in the rough-and-tumble Big Easy and against the league’s No. 1 pass defense, with another classic BrettFavre playoff meltdown.

So far, though, you gotta like the chances for BrettFavre and Favrkings. Here’s a quick look at some of the record-setting number he’s producing here at age 40, with a new team and in his 19th NFL season.

Click the link to look at the stats.

=Z=

ultravikingfan
11-23-2009, 11:02 AM
"C" wrote:

I was right all along.

I never doubted you.

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Rookie DBs Contribute To Vikings Win

http://blog.vikings.com/2009/11/22/rookie-dbs-contribute-to-vikings-win/

V4L
11-23-2009, 11:13 AM
What a great thread!!

Drunkeness all gone and I can actually read what I wrote :)

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Favre's big game has him feeling more confident

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/22/favres-big-game-has-him-feeling-more-confident/

V4L
11-23-2009, 11:18 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/22/favres-big-game-has-him-feeling-more-confident/

Should have him feeling fresher too

Only hit a couple times and didn't throw 50 times this time :)

Good work Chiller and co.

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 11:20 AM
"V4L" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

The pitch count makes me feel a bit better.
Especially after my eyes were opened to how many 40+ attempts he's taken.
WOW.

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Trailing Clouds of Heaven: Vikings 35, Seahawks 9

http://pacifistviking.blogspot.com/2009/11/trailing-clouds-of-heaven-vikings-35.html

V4L
11-23-2009, 11:34 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

The pitch count makes me feel a bit better.

Especially after my eyes were opened to how many 40+ attempts he's taken.
WOW.

I think he will be ok

His late season collapses have come when he tries to do too much

He seems to not do that.. I just hope in the playoffs we can jump ahead of them early so he doesn't start forcing things

V4L
11-23-2009, 11:46 AM
"V" wrote:

My Thoughts:

Yah why has Allen been so quiet?

He only had a couple QB pressures yesterday.. Otherwise didn't get close to sniffing a sack

Decent in the run game.. But he has been very quiet as off late

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 11:50 AM
"V4L" wrote:

"V" wrote:

My Thoughts:

He only had a couple QB pressures yesterday.. Otherwise didn't get close to sniffing a sack

Its called team ball......

I missed the second half, but didn't log one "Caught Upfield" next to his name in the first half.
;)

V4L
11-23-2009, 11:54 AM
But there are plenty of pin your ears back situations and he hasn't been getting there

Im not worried.. He will come around.. Just wondering how out of a sudden he has been super quiet

Maybe they are rolling out to Rays side more and he is benifiting? I haven't payed much attention but that could be a possibility

halfgiz
11-23-2009, 01:16 PM
"V4L" wrote:

Maybe other teams are concentrating on JA which in turn is freeing up Edwards.

V4L
11-23-2009, 01:17 PM
"halfgiz" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

Maybe other teams are concentrating on JA which in turn is freeing up Edwards.

He's always been double teamed though.. And even chipped by a TE

Idk man.. He will get it back

ejmat
11-23-2009, 01:24 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I'M PISSED.
WTF......

LOL.
TJ looked good. Made one horrible throw and his first pass was a screen that he tried to put too much touch on.
Other than that he threw the ball very well.
Looked poised in the pocket.
Even found Rice late on a scramble to get the first down.

ejmat
11-23-2009, 01:31 PM
"C" wrote:

I was right all along.

LOL CMac.
;D
I can't argue with that!!!

BleedinPandG
11-23-2009, 02:21 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I'M PISSED.
WTF......

LOL.
TJ looked good. Made one horrible throw and his first pass was a screen that he tried to put too much touch on.

Honestly, I didn't think the bad throw was terrible... the LB made a good play... how many of them are that athletic that they can be running away from the ball, reach back behind themselves, and actually put a mit on the ball?
I think the LB made a good play, probably got a bit lucky.

Marrdro
11-23-2009, 02:40 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I'M PISSED.
WTF......

LOL.

Just got out of a meeting.
Believe it or not, ole TJ was a sidebar........ At least his TD pass to PH was.
Seems like PH wasn't his first read.

Cat wasn't a Vikes fan so I'm not sure he knows what the hell he was talking about.

Can anyone enlighten.
I for one can't wait to see the second half.
;) ;) ;)

ejmat
11-23-2009, 05:20 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I'M PISSED.
WTF......

LOL.

Cat wasn't a Vikes fan so I'm not sure he knows what the hell he was talking about.

Can anyone enlighten.

;) ;) ;)

TJs TD pass was to Rice.
It was a good pass.
Put it where Sid could catch it.
Sid had some nice YAC.

Overlord
11-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Got a chance to look at the first half a little closer.

There have been a few comments about Jarred Allen seeming to disappear.
I watched him and thought he did just fine.
They tended to do one of two things on pass plays - double him up with a RB or TE, or throw very quick passes.
He wasn't getting beaten by his man.
He also wasn't getting eaten up in the run game.

Nothing wrong with the guy.
He'll continue to make an impact as the season goes on.

I also looked at some of the defensive fronts the Vikes were seeing.
A good mix actually.
Yeah, plenty of 8 in the box on running downs with AD in there.
But also 6 or 7 depending on the Vikes alignment.
There were more good plays this week in terms of blocking than in the first half of the season, but plenty of bad plays.
McKinnie looked slow off the line several times, and most of the guys were losing blocks from time to time, even Hutch.
The guys seem to be doing a lot of catching.
I guess that must be coaching.
Not doing a good job on a lot of plays of cutting off the pursuit by pushing guys back and sticking LBs in the wash.

I think this O-line can do it though.
I hope they are focused on getting it done as the playoffs draw near.

Pass blocking has improved so much though, that overall I'm happy with the line play.

ejmat
11-24-2009, 07:35 AM
"Overlord" wrote:

Got a chance to look at the first half a little closer.

There have been a few comments about Jarred Allen seeming to disappear.
I watched him and thought he did just fine.
They tended to do one of two things on pass plays - double him up with a RB or TE, or throw very quick passes.
He wasn't getting beaten by his man.
He also wasn't getting eaten up in the run game.

Nothing wrong with the guy.
He'll continue to make an impact as the season goes on.

I also looked at some of the defensive fronts the Vikes were seeing.
A good mix actually.
Yeah, plenty of 8 in the box on running downs with AD in there.
But also 6 or 7 depending on the Vikes alignment.
There were more good plays this week in terms of blocking than in the first half of the season, but plenty of bad plays.
McKinnie looked slow off the line several times, and most of the guys were losing blocks from time to time, even Hutch.
The guys seem to be doing a lot of catching.
I guess that must be coaching.
Not doing a good job on a lot of plays of cutting off the pursuit by pushing guys back and sticking LBs in the wash.

I think this O-line can do it though.
I hope they are focused on getting it done as the playoffs draw near.

Pass blocking has improved so much though, that overall I'm happy with the line play.

You hit the nail on the head Overlord.
While watching the game I noticed the quick 2 step passing game the Hawks were doing to avoid the pressure.
The best thing about establishing the pressure is it will keep teams from trying to throw deep until it is too late in the game.
I'm loving that.
It wasn't till the starters were pulled that they attempted and completed deeper routes.

Marrdro
11-24-2009, 07:54 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I'M PISSED.
WTF......

LOL.

Can anyone enlighten.

;) ;) ;)

TJs TD pass was to Rice.
It was a good pass.
Put it where Sid could catch it.
Sid had some nice YAC.

Ahhhhhhh, Looks like my assesment applied.....

marstc09
11-24-2009, 09:31 AM
"Garland" wrote:

Here is a picture of him from Sunday right before the end of the game. Speaks for itself.

http://prod.static.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2009/11-November/091122vsvikings/AP091122041519--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

"The situation [with the Vikings] at the time wasn't what it is now," Houshmandzadeh said to Seattle reporters when asked if he had any regrets. "So you make the best decision at that time that you think is right. As of right now, it doesn't look like it was the best decision, but it's very early in the process. I feel like I can play a lot more years. I feel great, and so you can't just say one year, 'Oh, it was a bad decision.'"

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/70427722.html?elr=KArksUUUoDEy3LGDiO7aiU

XTAP59
11-24-2009, 10:21 AM
VIKINGS GUN DOWN SEATTLE!

Sunday, November 22nd, history repeats itself. The Seattle Seahawks motorcade unsuspectingly rolled into town and were unceremoniously gunned down by the Minnesota Vikings. Percy Harvin, Viking rookie receiver, contributed to the massacre with 5 catches for 79 yards and a touch down. As a rookie, he is just learning the essence of being a mechanic and contrary to folklore, he is not the lone gunman.

Here is the link to the rest of the story, or just simply continue reading below. However, you will miss an excellent picture of Percy Harvin pointing out the lone gun man.

http://lotgk.wordpress.com/2009/11/23/vikings-gun-down-seattle-35-9-november-22nd-2009/

Brett Favre, seasoned veteran and reported “Don” of the unit, (It’s not a unit, it’s a club!) fired 25 shots missing only three. Spectators at the scene confirmed that yes, there were three shots misfired. Rumors of more went unsubstantiated. His kill rating was an impressive 88%, the best of his career. (Like shooting fish in a barrel) Favre holds the record of throwing 4 TD passes in 22 games surpassing Dan Marino.

Sidney Rice, (Rumored to be lurking on the grassy knoll) continued his assault with six catches for 89 yards and two touchdowns. Rice is on pace for 1400 yards receiving and 80 catches. Very impressive.

Harvin and Rice weren’t the only receivers blazing guns on Sunday. Visanthe Shiancoe hauled in 8 catches for 78 yards and a TD, his seventh of the season.

The Williams Commission (Three Men And A Mullet) thwarted any escape path from the Seahawks running backs. Fifteen attempts were made, only 4 yards were netted. Jared Allen and Ray Edwards hassled the quarterback all day forcing errant throws and stalled drives. Case in point, Seattle only had 43 total plays and under 18 minutes of possession.

Adrian Peterson had a standard running back day, 24 carries for 82 yards. However, those are not Peterson numbers. In week one, when Peterson had 180 rushing yards, I believed the addition of Brett Favre would compliment Peterson and raise his game level even higher and perhaps in reach of the elusive 2000 yard rushing mark. Peterson is at 1000 yards through ten games. Exceptional no doubt, but he had these number levels with Jackson and Frerotte at the helm. I was expecting more. Just saying!

The Vikings are 9-1 and host the Mooning Devin Hester Chicago Bears next week. Jay Cutler is on the hot seat, (Who knew!) and must have a good game to salvage their season and his legacy. The team is backed against the wall and in my opinion, will come out swinging letting it all hang out. They have nothing to lose. An injured animal is a very dangerous animal. With a Viking win, they will all but clinch the NFC North with a four game lead on the second place Packers.

Antoine Winfield watch. I believe the Vikings are holding him out until he is absolutely 100% healthy, for the potential playoff stretch, and hoping Sapp can continue to stopgap until his return. Winfield makes the defense go, supporting the run defense, and taking opposing teams best receiver out of the mix.

Brad Childress was awarded a contract extension this week extending through the 2013 th season. Good thing the world is going to end in 2012. When Favre finally, finally, I’m not kidding, this time it’s for real, retire, so will the Vikings chances of super bowl appearances.

Don’t think for one moment that the Vikings would be 9-1 at this point with Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels at the helm. And don’t think for one moment Childress would have a contract extension in place as well. Brett Favre has done this. His quarterback rating is the best in his 18 year all pro hall of fame career.

As Nostradamus often did, a glimpse into the future of the Vikings in the next decade does not look well. Lets say Favre plays one more year, the 2010 season. Then what? A full time 42-year-old starting quarterback is not a player to build a franchise upon. Especially with Pat Williams and Winfield edging to the age of no return. Lets hope the Vikings win back to back Super Bowls and ease some of the pain for the second decade of the new millennium.

Side note: I think Darren Sharper is relishing his decision with his switch to the Saints. Perhaps he will face the Vikings later this year in the playoffs. I can only hope.

SKOL VIKINGS!

HEY
11-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Adrian Peterson did a nice job blocking and his pass blocking skills look better this year,
I still prefer to have Chester Taylor in at RB in the majority of 3rd and long situations cause Chester Taylor still does a good job in pass protection and he has better hands than Adrian

Dekay
11-25-2009, 01:30 AM
Oh, if this havent been said already. I liked putting CT in on 3rd and long and they ran a ran play. Everyone expected pass.

We won that chessmatch!

BloodyHorns82
11-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Re-watched the game last night.
Paid most attention to the 4th quarter since I missed most of that tending to, and messing with my drunk friend.
Tjack looked a little better on TV than he did from a mile high.
He had one pass that was lucky not to be picked and one specifically that was way off target, but was caught anyways.
That one pass to Percy was a thing of beauty.
Looked like Favre threw it for a moment.

Very very nice to see the kid get a TD.
A few erratic plays slipped - which he's prone to do, but overall I'd say a solid performance.
Very nice to see.
Favre looked really happy for him too.

vikinggreg
11-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Since I live out near the west coast of Canada we get some of the Seattle channel feeds here and one of the funny things I heard from a seahawk fan was "are any Vikings fans upset about paying full pop for a ticket to watch a walkthrough practise?"

Formo
11-25-2009, 03:35 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Paid most attention to the 4th quarter since I missed most of that tending to, and messing with my drunk friend.
He had one pass that was lucky not to be picked and one specifically that was way off target, but was caught anyways.

A few erratic plays slipped - which he's prone to do, but overall I'd say a solid performance.
Very nice to see.

I don't even remember that pass to Percy that you are talking about..
But I do remember the TD he got..
That pretty sweet, especially to see Favre congradulate him.

jmcdon00
11-25-2009, 03:40 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Very nice to see.

Have you posted your game day pics yet?

BloodyHorns82
11-25-2009, 03:54 PM
"Formo" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Very nice to see.

I don't even remember that pass to Percy that you are talking about..
But I do remember the TD he got..
That pretty sweet, especially to see Favre congradulate him.

Yeah..I had forgotten about it too (or missed it).
He hit him on a quickly released, hard thrown slant to left side of the field.
It looked exactly like what Favre does constantly each game.
Drop back and BAM!
Nail the receiver.

BloodyHorns82
11-25-2009, 03:54 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Very nice to see.

lol, nah...still on my cell phone.

jmcdon00
11-25-2009, 03:58 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Very nice to see.

Why the hell not? It would be a great warning for V4L this weekend.

BloodyHorns82
11-25-2009, 04:03 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Very nice to see.

I thought you put those tickets up on CList?

jmcdon00
11-25-2009, 04:12 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Very nice to see.

I did but v4L said he wanted them so I took them down, a little less money but I can just bring em to the tailgate and don't have to worry about sitting next to a 800 pound woman. Should make for a fun game. Is Lindsay going?

BloodyHorns82
11-25-2009, 04:29 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Very nice to see.

I did but v4L said he wanted them so I took them down, a little less money but I can just bring em to the tailgate and don't have to worry about sitting next to a 800 pound woman. Should make for a fun game. Is Lindsay going?

Yah.
Maybe not until closer to kickoff though.
I'm considering taking the train down from Big Lake, than riding back with her.

jmcdon00
11-25-2009, 04:33 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Very nice to see.

Yah.

Good plan, they did just announce they are gonna have a later train this sunday after the game.
http://metrotransit.org/news/releases/release11_24_09.asp

BloodyHorns82
11-25-2009, 04:36 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Very nice to see.

Yah.

Good plan, they did just announce they are gonna have a later train this sunday after the game.

Yep...that's where I got the idea.
Got put on their email list for some reason.

jmcdon00
11-25-2009, 04:39 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Very nice to see.

Yah.

Yep...that's where I got the idea.
Got put on their email list for some reason.

So anyhow about those pics from sunday...