PDA

View Full Version : Kill me!!

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 05:11 PM
That's all I gotta say about the Moss trade!! Lock this if you want!! I don't care, I'm pissed!!

triedandtruevikesfan
02-23-2005, 05:14 PM
I am too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been screaming at my radio for the last hour!! I actually cried!!!!

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 05:15 PM
I don't know how I'm supposed to work for the next 5 hours! I am F@#$%^g irate!

dart18
02-23-2005, 05:17 PM
im not a big fan of this at all, we could have gotten something better than harris and #7

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Who the he!! is this Harris guy. I heard he is lazy and doesn't work hard!

triedandtruevikesfan
02-23-2005, 05:20 PM
A NO NAME SECOND YEAR LINEBACKER!! BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't understand why they think this makes sense... we have 36... yes 36 MILLION dollars to spend in FA and they get rid of our marquee player!!!!

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Did I mention that I was IRATE!!

shockzilla
I knew if we traded Moss, this is the reaction we would get on the boards here. I can't believe you guys actually call yourselves Viking fans - for one, this trade isn't done UNTIL IT'S DONE!!!! Number 2, If it is done, then we have to live with it and move on - we can't sit around and bellyache about it! We have to accept that that's it and we look somewhere else for a good wide receiver - look at all the FA WRs that are available! Muhammed, Burress, Mason, come on!!!! Sure, Randy was (and still is) one of the greatest WRs in the the game, but we can do OK without him!!! Look what we did while he was injured: we found out what a GREAT receiver Nate's gonna be, and we proved we can win without him!

RIGHT???!!!

vikes09
WHAT R U SAYING???? IS MOSS GETTING TRADED??? I HAVENT HEARD NYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

cajunvike
02-23-2005, 05:23 PM
But WILL Red sign any of those FAs or will he just sit tight and slowly gut this team...that is what I am afraid of!

rjkvikings
02-23-2005, 05:23 PM
WTF!?! Someone needs to kill the whole Vikings staff for trading Moss for some BS 2nd year player and a #7 pick!!! :angryfire: :angryfire:

triedandtruevikesfan
02-23-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm not saying shock that I'm gonna stop being a fan... but yes I am really really PISSED right now!! There are players out there that we can pick up in free agency, but they are NOT Moss!! I know there will be Vikings fans that love this move, I however am not one of them. People are gonna vent about this until we calm down, but the deal is done... it just can't be announced until March 2nd.

V4L
02-23-2005, 05:24 PM
i just read on a site there is nothing to announce? what does that mean? they cant or there wasnt a trade?

DemonicViking
02-23-2005, 05:26 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

That's all I gotta say about the Moss trade!! Lock this if you want!! I don't care, I'm pissed!!

No worries here, I'm as pissed as you. We're cursed.

DemonicViking
02-23-2005, 05:28 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

i just read on a site there is nothing to announce? what does that mean? they cant or there wasnt a trade?

Again, the trade is not official, but he's as good as gone unless something crazy happens.

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Nothing is official until March 2nd, and hopefully Moss won't restructure his contract for the Raiders or he just won't show up for the physical. I'm not saying that I will not be a vikings fan anymore that is just absurd, but I am pissed that my favorite player and one of the greatest players at his position of all time, IMO has been traded! It just pisses me off!

vikez06
02-23-2005, 05:34 PM
what a horrible trade 1 guy isnt going to change our defense... and now we dont have anyone that poses a huge threat at reciever... yup were fu%$ked Hershal walker trade all over. oakland is gonna end up having some magical season and win the SUPERBOWL!!!!

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 05:38 PM
Sign me up for a #84 raiders jersey!! IF it happens that is!!

wv__viking__fan
02-23-2005, 05:38 PM
I will not pass judgement until I see what we do. What do we do with the #7 pick or with free agent signings. I'd like to think that we have a plan for free agents we want and a player we want with the early pick. I think Nate is more than ready to take the #1 receiver role if needed. We will be ok. I'll always be a fan, no matter what the organization does.

ajefx
02-23-2005, 05:40 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

I knew if we traded Moss, this is the reaction we would get on the boards here. I can't believe you guys actually call yourselves Viking fans - for one, this trade isn't done UNTIL IT'S DONE!!!! Number 2, If it is done, then we have to live with it and move on - we can't sit around and bellyache about it! We have to accept that that's it and we look somewhere else for a good wide receiver - look at all the FA WRs that are available! Muhammed, Burress, Mason, come on!!!! Sure, Randy was (and still is) one of the greatest WRs in the the game, but we can do OK without him!!! Look what we did while he was injured: we found out what a GREAT receiver Nate's gonna be, and we proved we can win without him!

RIGHT???!!!
Hmm, I wonder why us Vikes fans are bellyaching WHEN OUR STUPID ASS MANAGEMENT JUST MADE OUR TEAM WORSE?

wv__viking__fan
02-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Porter wears #84. I wish we would have got him if we was getting rid of Randy. I like Porter a lot, plus he is a WVU guy.

Freya
02-23-2005, 05:41 PM
I am preparing to weep!

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 05:45 PM
I think Moss shouldn't go to the Raiders just for the fact that his number is taken!! That would be enough for me if I was a pro!!! (am I wishing a little too much now?)

V4L
02-23-2005, 05:46 PM
im with yah VKG4LFE!

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 05:47 PM
At least somebody is!!!

cajunvike
02-23-2005, 05:51 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I think Moss shouldn't go to the Raiders just for the fact that his number is taken!! That would be enough for me if I was a pro!!! (am I wishing a little too much now?)

Unless he is either planning to switch to his college number or doesn't care about #84 anymore!

Viking_Spirit
02-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Moss was again becoming the cancer to our team he was a couple years back...that will always hold our team back from going all the way. Getting rid of Moss is just a hurdle we have to jump over to get to the Super Bowl.

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 05:55 PM
TO really hurt Philly this year!

ultravikingfan
02-23-2005, 05:59 PM
I am not the happiest, but far from the end of the world.

I just do not like the offer we got, hosed again!

Darn Herschal curse!

Viking_Spirit
02-23-2005, 06:01 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

TO really hurt Philly this year!
Philly was a very good team without TO. They went to 3 straight NFC title games without him. And, they still lost the Super Bowl.

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 06:02 PM
And they still made it with him and they went to the SB.

triedandtruevikesfan
02-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Who said they were bored this offseason... this all YOUR fault!!

zakvikes2k
02-23-2005, 06:20 PM
This is so messed up, but hopefully this trade is changed to our advantage or it DOESN'T HAPPEN. Anyways Harris sucks and this deal is whack if it goes through. The Vikings are screwing themselves and if they do this they better go get Derrick Mason and Plaxico Burress to fill Moss's shoes. This deal has to have Woodson or Buchanan involved for it to make any sense.

Vikadelic
02-23-2005, 06:26 PM
I said long ago that the main reason this would happen is because of the impending sale. The team is worth the same "dollar" amount with or without Moss. This just made several million for Fowler before even signing the paper work. It has happened to any franchise that is going to be sold. They have a fire sale before the new owners take over as it makes instant cash flow for the orgaanization with very minimal liability.

I am saddened by this news today. However, I have been preparing myself for it for a while now.

On the bright side! Harris is a solid player. Many considered him the best linebacker prospect in his draft class. With the #7 pick we can get a major league player too. Maybe Rolle will slide to us in that spot. With our other first round pick we can get another potential starter and be a much better team that we were this year. Defense wins Championships.

Just my two cents worth.

Mossville
02-23-2005, 06:27 PM
This trade is the most rediculous trade ever. I was in favor of trading him but this deal we got really sucks

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 06:32 PM
WE GOT A NO NAME LINEBACKER!!! I have no more to say!

zakvikes2k
02-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Getting Rolle would be nice, if we actually can get him. Maybe trading up for Rolle, but Harris has not played well in the NFL. Maybe he will in Minnesota, but who is to say he will. Anyways, the Vikings better spend atleast half of that cap space to pick up solid free agents, 2 on defense and a new receiver named Mason hopefully, not Burress. Rookies aren't going to get us anywhere atleast this year. JUST SPEND SOME FREAKING MONEY FOWLER, PLEASE.....

LosAngelis
02-23-2005, 06:33 PM
I still haven't seen a write up on this yet.

I think you might have gotten better. Wow.

I send my sympathies. Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin.

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Oh, they've begun los!! Please take it easy on us for a while!!!

ndakvikefan
02-23-2005, 06:35 PM
You people amaze me. Think about what you are saying. You all say Napoleon Harris is a stiff. E.J. Henderson is any better????? Dontarius Thomas, I did not see him in the pro-bowl or even on the field very often.
None of you know what was happening behind the scenes, was Moss more trouble in the clubhouse than reported ????, is his hamstring worse than reported???, is his ankle worse than before???, do the coaches see something in Harris that the average fan does not??? is MOss on the downside of his career?????.
Another train of thought is, if the Vikings did not jump at this offer now then they could never get anything for him with Burress, Mason, and other good WR's being FA's. If they did not do it now the management might have thought it will be another year of Moss's anticts and distractions.
I personally loved Randy's talent but I don't think the team could EVER EVER EVER have the cohesiveness to win a championship with him. Do you think the patriots would be as tight with a Randy Moss on thier team??? NO.
Someone mentioned the Vikes being so much under the cap well how much below the cap are they now without Moss. They might have to eat this years salary but after that it is freed up cap space. This extra money could be used to get a couple top notch defensive players.
If the vikes had a top 10 defense they wont miss Moss because they wont need 30 points to win every game. And then with the seventh pick they could maybe get Mike Williams.
In the long run this is a good trade if you think about it. Next year Rosenthal is back, Jimmy K is back, Bennett hopefully will finally be healthy for a whole year and if not Mewelde and O Smith are there.
If things work out the Vikes should be top 3 in rushing and top 5 in passing and with a top 10 defense (which is realistic if the team spends the cap space on defense) that is a recipe for a NFC Championship. With Moss you have the best deep threat in the league, the most immature verteran in the league, a guy who plays when he wants to and trys when he wants to and is a poison in the locker room even Duante hinted that he wanted him gone. Speaking of just wait until you see the MVP Duante in the next 3 years IMO. I agree with those who say Moss stunted Duante's progression. What has happened every year in peppers career he makes his first read and then looks for Moss. Without Moss pepper will learn more how to get the ball to all recievers. He showed signs of it last year when Moss was hurt.
Bottom line the vikes are losing 15- 20 TD's a year (which about half of those will be made up by other players) so realistically they are losing 7-10. With that is about 5 points a game. Thats all the positives they lose, they gain an extra first round pick, which may lead to defense, more cap space which may lead to defense, and finally the chance for the team to become a team and not distracted by what Randy said or did or who he ran over or who he squirted.

vikingsalltheway
02-23-2005, 06:36 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

RIGHT???!!!

Man we went 1-4 without moss. This will kill our team and our win was against the lions.

ultravikingfan
02-23-2005, 06:37 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

WE GOT A NO NAME LINEBACKER!!! I have no more to say!

I do not agree with the trade as far as we are not getting face value. But, in Harris's defense, he may be a good LB, or maybe not.

triedandtruevikesfan
Well said Ndak... I agree with a lot of what you said... and I think people are slowly realizing that its not as bad as we want it to be. Its gonna take a while though... the shock of it is still there... I don't think any of us actually believed that this day would come!!

LosAngelis
I'm cool with that. I'll give ya a month, then hypothsize you why you might be the better in the deal, but for right now....it's tough to lose a guy you all have invested so much into emotionally over the years.

You MIGHT remember, VKG, when the Brewers traded away Gorman Thomas. This reminds me a lot of that. I didn't swear off the team forever, but you knew the complexion of the team was changed...forever.

triedandtruevikesfan
02-23-2005, 06:39 PM
oh god don't compare us to the brewers... the brewers suck!!

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Well thought out ndavikes, but we don't gain that much more cap space 2 mil this year and I think we have to eat a whole bunch in later years. I just think the way that Tice has been drafting in the last couple of drafts getting key defensive guys that he could have kept the trend up while keeping Moss. This trade hurts!

wisc vike
02-23-2005, 06:41 PM
All I can say is that the Vikes better have something in the bag regarding Burress, Mason, or Muhammed.

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 06:44 PM
I personally would prefer Burress, but hell none of those compare to Moss.

VikesfaninGB
02-23-2005, 06:44 PM
When I first saw this at work, it felt like I got punched in the stomach. How could they trade Randy "FREAKIN" Moss for a 2nd tier (at best) linebacker and a high draft pick? They couldn't get better than that? How stupid is management? It took me a ride home from work listening to the GB radio guys talking about how Moss has no heart (which is the farthest thing from the truth) to realize a few things. First, this trade doesn't make the Raiders that much better. It's tough to say now that they have Moss but they weren't exactly short at receiver last year. I know, that doesn't help the Viking legion. Second, how many foot and leg injuries has Moss played through in the last few years? He's a warrior but eventually durability becomes a question. Finally, no matter how stupid management looks right now, no organization trades their most dominating player without a plan. I find it hard to believe that they don't have some sort of idea on what they are going to do now. I'm not saying I want to see Moss wearing any other uniform, I'm just think that maybe now was a good time before something really bad happens.

LosAngelis
02-23-2005, 06:46 PM
If you're listening to TC Martin, he's kind of an idiot anyway.

VikesfaninGB
02-23-2005, 06:48 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

If you're listening to TC Martin, he's kind of an idiot anyway.

Thank god TC wasn't there. Johnny Gray is bad enough though.

Vikadelic
02-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Hey LosAngelis.(Don't know you on a first time basis lol) Similar to what Herb Kohl did to the Bucks when he got rid of Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, Glen Robinson etc. He thought he was going to sell the team and got rid of all the top dollar players. They've never recovered to date.

Stormin' Gorman! My God! He was awesome wasn't he. I remember seeing him on TV when I was a kid. One time the camera panned into the dugout and he was actually smoking a cigarette and eating a Brat while the team was at bat. Classic!!!

zakvikes2k
I think the Vikings will come out on top. Moss will never win a championship with the Raiders. Watch the Vikings win one this year or in the next couple of years. That's what is going to happen. Just watch it happen everybody. The Vikings will be ALRIGHT!

VKG4LFE
The Milwaukee sports radio guys aren't much better!

ItalianStallion
Here is what I think:

This was a poor trade, even if I didn't want any trade, this was a poor trade. We get the #7 pick, ok with that we will be able to get some like Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams, Antrel Rolle or Derrick Johnson BUT HARRIS, he is a solid but not spectacular linebacker. Harris is not even worth a first round pick. This is total BS. At least get Woodson or Buchanon or something for F*cks sake.

Even if Moss needed to be traded (which I honestly believe ISN'T the case), we could have gotten better. Hell even 2 first rounders would have been better. how can you trade your franchise player and the most talented player to play the game for some random starter and a pick

This is all after I recently (1 week ago) bought a Marshall throwback Jersey. God I hope woever is responsible for this trade gets some serious fan backlash.

All I know is prepare for Culpepper's numbers to roll back CONSIDERABLY, and for our offense to take a huge step back.

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Well said Italian!!

NC_VIKING
02-23-2005, 06:59 PM
That was all we had and now it's gonna be gone. thats it front office, screw another good thing up. Be happy to get a san fran season this year. I'm done too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 07:00 PM
If you're jumping off the bandwagon, don't come back and PLEASE let the door hit you on the @ss on your way out!

Vikadelic
02-23-2005, 07:07 PM
If you go to the Raiders site

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27951

They seem to think that they are getting FU@*$^ in this deal. There seems to be many that can't believe they would get rid of Harris and the 7th for Moss. They wish ir was Woodson etc.

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 07:08 PM
They are nute to think they are getting F@#$%d.

Vikadelic
02-23-2005, 07:13 PM
They already have Porter, Curry and really need some help at RB. It also puts them 13 million over the Cap. Many also are upset to see Harris leave. He has some major potential.

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, once again, maybe Moss won't restructure, then this is all a moot point!!

magicci
i wanna kill everybody involved with this i cant believe it its like a Freakin night mare

VKG4LFE
That's a little extreme don't you think?

NordicNed
02-23-2005, 07:27 PM
This is bad, really bad.......

ultravikingfan
02-23-2005, 07:28 PM
"magicci" wrote:

i wanna kill everybody involved with this i cant believe it its like a Freakin night mare

http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/violent/023.gif = :roll:

LosAngelis
02-23-2005, 07:29 PM
I'm just really glad I'm not involved in this trade.

ultravikingfan
02-23-2005, 07:29 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

I'm just really glad I'm not involved in this trade.

Oh, stop gloating los!

LosAngelis
02-23-2005, 07:30 PM
I just don't want magicci coming after me, dude!

cajunvike
02-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Look at the poll on espn.com...it is pretty evenly divided with the three options...kinda surprising...unless a bunch of Packer fans are voting just to skew the poll!

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Wouldn't surprise me^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LosAngelis
02-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Packer fans love to get skewed.

magicci
02-23-2005, 07:46 PM
man whats up with this i was just getting all happy looking forward to next season i was gonna see an mvp calibur QB, a pro-bowl calibur reciever (burleson) a power house of RB's a full strength O-Line two awesome TE's an a back at full strength most dominating game changing reviever in the NFL and now my dreams are over maybe i wont kill everybody else maybe just myself :crybaby: :-({|= :crybaby:

ultravikingfan
02-23-2005, 07:48 PM
"magicci" wrote:

man whats up with this i was just getting all happy looking forward to next season i was gonna see an mvp calibur QB, a pro-bowl calibur reciever (burleson) a power house of RB's a full strength O-Line two awesome TE's an a back at full strength most dominating game changing reviever in the NFL and now my dreams are over maybe i wont kill everybody else maybe just myself :crybaby: :-({|= :crybaby:

So DC is not MVP calibur, or Nate not Pro Bowl calibur?

Don't sell others members of the team short.

DemonicViking
02-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Packer fans love to get skewed.

Someone is celebrating big time tonight.

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 07:56 PM
"magicci" wrote:

Take it easy there maggicci!! Things will work out, don't go gettin' extreme on us now!

mark
02-23-2005, 07:58 PM
F- ing terrible.

DemonicViking
02-23-2005, 08:11 PM
I feel like I'm attending a funeral now..

ultravikingfan
02-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Although I was a Moss guy, come on. It is not the end of the world or our beloved team. Ya never know, we could do even better. Or, we could bomb. Just being a realist.

triedandtruevikesfan
02-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Magicci we're all upset but lets not talk like that ok??

DemonicViking
02-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Moss is still one of my favs.. he'll give me a reason to watch the Raiders.

DemonicViking
02-23-2005, 08:20 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Magicci we're all upset but lets not talk like that ok??

Ha, relax.. I don't think he meant it. Sometimes you gotta take things with a grain of salt... unless....... he really.. meant it.

magicci
02-23-2005, 08:41 PM
man this sucks because the raiders are my most hated team in all of sports and tomorrow at school im gonna hear it.....all those raider fans who said moss sucks are gonna have a different opinion about him now...but ill never ever root for the raiders,but even if we do better ill still be kind of sad if we win the superbowl and moss isnt there to enjoy it with us because i really wanted him to win the superbowl as a viking he deserved it

Foreman44
02-23-2005, 08:43 PM
THIS IS INSANE! AS BAD AS THE HERSCHEL TRADE WAS, THIS ONE ABSOLUTELY SUCKS ROCKS. THE FINAL INSULT IN THE "RED" ERA. I MEAN C'MON, RANDY MOSS IS ONLY THE BEST RECEIVER THE VIKINGS EVER HAD. THIS IS LIKE TRADING TARKENTON WOULD HAVE BEEN IN '75.
Rant off ... Wow, unbelievable. Total disappointment. For me, this is up there with the feeling I've had after the Super Bowl losses. Maybe worse actually. At least after those, there was the following season to look forward to (roster intact!)

briboy75
02-23-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm not a big fan of this trade Moss is the most exciting player to watch, but a few points. 1) I don't know that he'll ever be 100% again. Injurys seem to be piling up for him. He is getting older too. 2) Lockeroom chemistry will likley be better with him gone. 3) This trade does free up a little more salary cap space that must be spent. 4) What pick did we get Moss at? 20? So we get a 7, a 23 and a low pick for a 20? This could turn out good for us. I know its very unlikey that even at 7, we'll get a player as that is the same level as Moss. We won't know how good or bad this trade was for a while.

On the other hand, we may have a good offense, but I doubt we are an elite offense anymore.

Vikadelic
02-23-2005, 09:02 PM
"Foreman44" wrote:

I MEAN C'MON, RANDY MOSS IS ONLY THE BEST RECEIVER THE VIKINGS EVER HAD.

Last time I looked, Chris Carter was the best WR the Vikes ever had. It now looks like Carter will always be the Vikes best receiver.

I am sad today but I can't help but tbelieve that we will be better without him. Just would have liked to get more in return for him.

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Last time I checked it was CRIS Carter!

ultravikingfan
02-23-2005, 09:05 PM
"Vikadelic" wrote:

"Foreman44" wrote:

I MEAN C'MON, RANDY MOSS IS ONLY THE BEST RECEIVER THE VIKINGS EVER HAD.

Last time I looked, Chris Carter was the best WR the Vikes ever had. It now looks like Carter will always be the Vikes best receiver.

I am sad today but I can't help but tbelieve that we will be better without him. Just would have liked to get more in return for him.

Here we go again. Cris Carter was not only our best WR, but only 2nd to Jerry Rice!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/BuilttoLast.jpg

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 09:08 PM
I think Moss will finish his career with better stats than CC. Too bad it won't be all with the vikes!!

Vikadelic
02-23-2005, 09:09 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Last time I checked it was CRIS Carter!

Cut me some slack you grammar and spelling king. I'm in mourning! I guess we can't all be as perfect as you.

In case you're interested, here are CRIS's comments about the tradee. Oops!!! I meant to type TRADE!

Vikadelic
02-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Here's the article link this time! I am really opff tonight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cc-sixpoints022305&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ultravikingfan
02-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Hey, don't disrespect Cris! :lol:

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Get over it! I'm not a grammar and spelling king by any means, but if you've been a fan of the guy for who knows how long, you would think you'd be able to spell his d@mn name the right way! Don't forget I'm in mourning too!!

ultravikingfan
02-23-2005, 09:19 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Get over it! I'm not a grammar and spelling king by any means, but if you've been a fan of the guy for who knows how long, you would think you'd be able to spell his d@mn name the right way! Don't forget I'm in mourning too!!

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/1074.gif

Articnv
02-23-2005, 09:34 PM
I like that fowler said he didnt want moss gone in article on the 21 now theres a reported trade going through - maybe this a inkling fowler dosnt have cash to by the tm

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 09:41 PM
I'd prefer Taylor!

mvikes84
02-23-2005, 09:47 PM
"rjkvikings" wrote:

WTF!?! Someone needs to kill the whole Vikings staff for trading Moss for some BS 2nd year player and a #7 pick!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: Well said!!

VKG4LFE
02-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Well, I'm almost done with work. I'm gonna take a six pack of the new Budweiser select and drown out my sorrows while watching sportscenter!

triedandtruevikesfan
02-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Have a good one VKG... don't let the woman get to you tonight!!

mvikes84
02-23-2005, 09:55 PM
"wisc vike" wrote:

All I can say is that the Vikes better have something in the bag regarding Burress, Mason, or Muhammed. They need to get all three to come close to making up for the loss of Moss!!

mvikes84
02-23-2005, 09:59 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Here is what I think:

This was a poor trade, even if I didn't want any trade, this was a poor trade. We get the #7 pick, ok with that we will be able to get some like Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams, Antrel Rolle or Derrick Johnson BUT HARRIS, he is a solid but not spectacular linebacker. Harris is not even worth a first round pick. This is total BS. At least get Woodson or Buchanon or something for F*cks sake.

Even if Moss needed to be traded (which I honestly believe ISN'T the case), we could have gotten better. Hell even 2 first rounders would have been better. how can you trade your franchise player and the most talented player to play the game for some random starter and a pick

This is all after I recently (1 week ago) bought a Marshall throwback Jersey. God I hope woever is responsible for this trade gets some serious fan backlash.

All I know is prepare for Culpepper's numbers to roll back CONSIDERABLY, and for our offense to take a huge step back. Agreed. Culpepper will be seen as the "just an above average quarterback" that he really is.

mvikes84
02-23-2005, 10:01 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

That's a little extreme don't you think? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shockzilla
02-23-2005, 10:07 PM
You know what? I'm getting sick of all these NEWBIES that don't show up all year, then when we make a big trade in the off-season, suddenly they come out of the woodwork! If you have less than 50 (or 100) posts here, and you come out swinging, saying you're leaving the team, or that this is the worst trade in history, well then, GOOD RIDDANCE! You wouldn't know loyalty if it came up and bit you in the @ss!

Last time I checked, ONE PLAYER does NOT a team MAKE!!!!!! Who do you think won the Super Bowl this year, the New England PATRIOT? NO! It was a TEAM, and while Randy Moss is one of the best receivers in the game, HE ALONE DID NOT MAKE UP THIS TEAM! Mark my words right now: THe Vikings will be even BETTER next year!!!!!

So don't tell someone who has been a fan for 30 years that I don't know what we're going through!!

Thank you, and SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Shock

DemonicViking
02-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Go Go Shockzilla.

Bdubya
02-23-2005, 10:12 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

You know what? I'm getting sick of all these NEWBIES that don't show up all year, then when we make a big trade in the off-season, suddenly they come out of the woodwork! If you have less than 50 (or 100) posts here, and you come out swinging, saying you're leaving the team, or that this is the worst trade in history, well then, GOOD RIDDANCE! You wouldn't know loyalty if it came up and bit you in the @ss!

Last time I checked, ONE PLAYER does NOT a team MAKE!!!!!! Who do you think won the Super Bowl this year, the New England PATRIOT? NO! It was a TEAM, and while Randy Moss is one of the best receivers in the game, HE ALONE DID NOT MAKE UP THIS TEAM! Mark my words right now: THe Vikings will be even BETTER next year!!!!!

So don't tell someone who has been a fan for 30 years that I don't know what we're going through!!

Shock

Maybe Moss did make the team what it was, an underachieving team with no heart. Maybe with him gone, we will develop an entirely different attitude, and become an entirely different team.

Guruzen
02-23-2005, 10:13 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Here is what I think:

All I know is prepare for Culpepper's numbers to roll back CONSIDERABLY, and for our offense to take a huge step back.

SPOT ON! A "Franchise Player" is worth two 1st round picks if he is traded. Does anyone doubt Moss is better than any "Franchise Player" in the league??!?!?!

What do we trade him for? #7 and Harris. What a crock of SH!T!!! Granted, with our pick we may get a Roethlisberger or Gates or Tomlinson, but a top draft pick can always backfire (eg Carson Palmer, Courtney Brown). We should have gotten either AN EXTRA defensive stud on top of this, or a one for one trade for Woodson.

This trade has Hershel Walker written all over it and goes to show once again that we are our own worse enemy.

I NEED A DRINK!!!!

vikinggreg
02-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Maybe Red will trade Pep for Farve and a sack of door knobs.

Moss was worth more than Hershel Walker and Ricky Williams deals, too bad we didn't get all the Raider picks.

Should have gotten more.

Coaching made the team what it was

Guruzen
02-23-2005, 10:41 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

Shock

Woah... down boy... you have an excellent point. The newbies that don't know jack are probably still in junior high and know nothing about the game. They'll follow Moss to the Raiders just like the Cowboy fans that have jumped on the Patriots bandwagon. (Yes, I'm a newbie to this thread but I know enough to not make a jackass of myself).

You're right about the TEAM thing and that the Vikes will pull together to overcome this. However, that is not the issue here. The thing that p!sses most of us off is how little we got in return for Moss. This is a sign of disrespect to Moss and his abilities. If we had gotten Woodson instead I'll bet there won't be half as many complaints.

It hurts to see our beloved Vikings get boned on a deal and not be able to do anything about it.

TheAnimal93
02-23-2005, 10:47 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

Maybe Red will have a blanket party with a sack of door knobs.
:idea:

can we take over the team? obviously the price of medication :colors: is too high in minny and the whole front office has misplaced something they might need to operate on a daily basis. :scratch:
because the first thing that would come out of my mouth if red came up to me and said, "were trading randy to the raiders for some, ummm, umm, and a later round ummmm, ummmm, HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!HA HA HE HE HA HA HE HE HA HA HE HE!!!

i would laugh like there is no tomorrow. then i would say red, are you crazy? have you lost your everloving mind? have you bent down too close to a tailpipe son? hey, lets go have lunch and let me tell you this story about little johnny and some turpentine!

ultravikingfan
02-23-2005, 11:01 PM
"mvikes84" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Here is what I think:

All I know is prepare for Culpepper's numbers to roll back CONSIDERABLY, and for our offense to take a huge step back. Agreed. Culpepper will be seen as the "just an above average quarterback" that he really is.

Average? Is that the spin that Italian put on it? That's not the way I interpreted it. I do not think that DC is average, far from it.

ultravikingfan
02-23-2005, 11:03 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

Shock

Shock wins the BFP award for tonight! http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/sports/062.gif (BFP= Best F'ing Post)
http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/signs/275.gif

x-ray jeff
02-23-2005, 11:05 PM
This may be a poor trade considering what the Vikings are getting for Moss.I'd wait to see if his absence will allow Culpepper,Birk,and some of the other players to lead this TEAM.
It sounds like we may get some defensive help out of this too.
I'm sticking with the VIKINGS!

Caine
02-23-2005, 11:10 PM
McCombs blows squirrels.

Too angry to post more now.

Caine

Webby
02-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Right on Shock. I too tire of these newbies and fans running around with their heads cut off crying the sky is falling everytime there is news. Stand up or get out. Don't ride the fence around here. As I said on the home page, one player a team does not make....and most of you Hovan fans should have figured that out by now. In fact, by placing the entire future of the VIkings organization in the hands of one guy is **disrespecting** every other team player.

Or put it this way: OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!! Chuck Foreman no longer plays for us! Screw this! We will never recover!! It is over....oh my oh my!!

Get a grip. Its a surprise, but nothing more or less. Really, I promise.

Guruzen
02-23-2005, 11:30 PM
"x-ray jeff" wrote:

This may be a poor trade considering what the Vikings are getting for Moss.I'd wait to see if his absence will allow Culpepper,Birk,and some of the other players to lead this TEAM.
It sounds like we may get some defensive help out of this too.
I'm sticking with the VIKINGS!

There's no denying team chemistry will improve. There will also be a "we'll prove we can win without Randy" attitude that will take us far. However, it wouldn't have hurt to squeeze more out of the Raiders. That's what I'm pissed about.

primetimeviking
02-23-2005, 11:39 PM
I absolutely agree that Pep and birk will now have full leadership over the team. That was a great point. I know I am a newbie but I just found out about the site and have been a Vikings fan for 16 years. i can;t believe I just found it. It's not the end of the world that Randy is gone. Napolean Harris is a pretty good LB and it looks like we might be trying to get some D help which we have needed for far too long. I'm sure everybody can agree with that. Besides if we draft derrick Johnson out of Texas with the #7 pick and get anothe solid defensive starter at #18 and pick up Burress, Mason or Muhammad we will be in good shape.

ultravikingfan
02-23-2005, 11:41 PM
"Guruzen" wrote:

There's no denying team chemistry will improve. There will also be a "we'll prove we can win without Randy" attitude that will take us far. However, it wouldn't have hurt to squeeze more out of the Raiders. That's what I'm pissed about.

Good post!!! :salute:

LosAngelis
02-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Here was my thought (don't flame too much)

Mike McKenzie was worth a second rounder and a backup quarterback.

Randy Moss is worth a first rounder and a starting linebacker (and a late-round pick)?

I think there's more to this than meets the eye. Moss is worth more than what you got. I still think you got a decent deal, but it was the minimum offer I would have accepted (a first and a starter on defense).

With the whole Fowler/Red fiasco, this seems to be odd timing. I think one of the following is true:

a) Fowler said he didn't want him

b) Moss already burned his bridge with Minnesota (or vice versa) when the trade talks were announced

c) Minnesota panicked because they saw all the WR's being released and wanted to get the best offer they could before Plaxico and Coles were out there.

d) Moss isn't worth as much as we think

But, I will be the first to admit, Moss is worth far more in trade than McKenzie, and you got a pick 40 spots higher and a starter instead of a potential starter.

Something's fishy.

triedandtruevikesfan
02-24-2005, 12:02 AM
I agree 100% Los... I really want to hear the Vikings reasoning behind this

dan3ski
02-24-2005, 01:12 AM
I just thought of something! What if the trade is dependent on Moss being able to pass a physical? He may not be able to pass it if he is as injured as I think he might be.

RK.
02-24-2005, 01:13 AM
LOS you missed one possibility.

Red knows that the Fowler deal is not going to happen and that Taylor isn't going to offer him what he wants so he is stripping down the team for sale or for an attempted move. He is not going to spend the cap money and he doesn't care about a winning team. He took the Raider deal because he got $2 million more in cap money. Why would he trade out the best WR in the NFL if he thinks the team is going to sell in the next few weeks. Everyone has to ask themselves WHY NOW? If the team is selling why is he bothering to trade anyone? It makes no sense unless the team isn't selling. Red doesn't care about a winning team he just cares whether it looks like a bargain. Basically he is rolling back the mileage like any shyster used car salesman. Everyone who thinks he is going to sign a lot of high priced talent to make up for this move are fooling themselves. This is a dark day in Viking history. :(

cajunvike
02-24-2005, 03:13 AM
"shockzilla" wrote:

Shock

Rock 'em, Shock 'em ROBOTS!!!!!

diesavike
02-24-2005, 03:48 AM
"shockzilla" wrote:

Shock

Enough said. Couldn't agree with you more. :cheers:

DoubleDown11
02-24-2005, 09:42 AM
"dan3ski" wrote:

I just thought of something! What if the trade is dependent on Moss being able to pass a physical? He may not be able to pass it if he is as injured as I think he might be.

now that would be Awesome! better yet, I say somebody calls Tonya Harding and ensures Napoleon Harris can't pass a physical!

What a crappy offseason, Tice gets a one year extension, we trade Moss, WTF is next?

magicci
02-24-2005, 10:22 AM
I mean there goes are feared offense no one is gonna be scared of us that much n e more you know are RB's suck when moss isnt in the lineup our offense could have been the best ever this year we saw glimpses of it at the beginning of this past season i mean come on this is totally stupid

PurpleRide
02-24-2005, 10:25 AM
I will hold my opinion until after next year, maybe we go 1-15, maybe 15-1, who knows now. We have a chance to get mike williams and a good D player in the draft. There are pleanty of free agents to improve this team as well. Remember we put up over 30 points a game with moss on the sideline. I loved wactching moss, I'll always keep my 2 moss jerseys, but I'm a Vikings fan, not a players fan. The world hasn't ended yet! SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stilll keeping my season tickets!

VKG4LFE
02-24-2005, 10:31 AM
I'm still pissed!!

magicci
02-24-2005, 10:32 AM
but no one will ever be our next Randy Moss he is one of a kind its like we had our winning lottory ticket and threw it out the window

WI-ULT-MOSS-FAN
02-24-2005, 01:37 PM
I know that I'm new here but I am in shambles and need some support from all the fellow Vikings fans I can get...Moss is my all-time favorite player and now he is leaving my favorite team. I am so pi$$ed right now I can't even explain it. Red MCcombover is a dumb-A$$, and Tice should be fired they all should, up there in their little offices denying all this talk to our faces...OUR FACES, the ones that make them who they are by buying there teams products, we make them and they lie to us, I am distraught as all heck. And for F's sake...Napoleon Harris are you f-ing kiddin me??? ONE 1st rounder....one count it and a lter round pick, thats like a trade you get for someone eith less talent, I say you put up with the mans antics if this is what your going to get. As all I say is I still love Moss, support him and hope he has a great future, which is of course a sure thing. I still will root for the vikes they are my team, but Gol-ly what were they thinking, this should be on ESPN's "What were they thinking"....dam%it!!!!!!!!!!!

whackthepack
02-24-2005, 01:59 PM
As the quote goes, you miss a few days on Purple Pride!

A few people need to step back fron the edge!

Look at the Vikes record over the last few years with Randy, he never took us to the Superbowl and he never would have. Plus his body is starting to break down, back problems, ankle problems and head case.

San Fran got a 2nd rounder for TO last year, we got the 7th overall pick and a starting linebacker!

Sometime there is addition by subtraction, and with the distraction that Randy caused will help the team!

And you are hearing form alot of sources that alot of players on the Vikes did not like him and were sick of his shit.

So tomorrow the sun will come out the Vikes will play football again and they will have a better record without him than they did with him this year.

ndakvikefan
02-24-2005, 05:18 PM
So for all of you that hate this trade and say the vikes did not get enough for him think about this. It is now obvious to me that the vikes had been looking to trade Moss during the time all of the rumors were going around. So if it was true that the Ravens, Falcons, Redskins, Jets, Cowboys, and all the others that were rumored were contacted about a trade and they declined what does that say about Moss ??????.
We all agree that he is a playmaker and a game changer and all we can get for him is 2 draft choices and a young LB. If all those teams turned down an offer to get the best WR in the league there must be more to Moss's effect on a team than the typical fan knows.
Bottom line: Nobody wanted a cancer except the team of cancers Oakland. If Moss is everything that alot of you think then why would one of the other teams interested give more than Oakland. Because Moss is the most talented immature, cancer in the league. Nobody wanted to risk him poisoning thier team. It is obvious to me that the vikes got exactly what Moss was worth, teams are willing to pass on Moss and his shelfishness, immaturity, and stupidity, to go after a less talented WR in the FA market.
If this were somebody with the character of a Matt Birk type player and Moss's talent then yes he would be worth a couple starters and a 1st round pick. It comes down to the negatives outweighing the positives and Moss's positives are great so his negatives must be immense in the eyes of the league.
And by the way how far has Moss taken the Vikings in the last 5 years ???????
without him Duante will take this team farther than with him.

RK.
02-24-2005, 05:40 PM
If all those teams turned down an offer to get the best WR in the league there must be more to Moss's effect on a team than the typical fan knows.

Thats not the reason. Its because those teams only have a very few players of the caliber needed to trade for Moss and they knew Moss couldn't carry their teams by himself. They didn't have enough depth to trade. They would have all liked to have him they just couldn't afford him. Red made this trade because of the Cap money gained pure and simple. As I stated before it was business not football and it sucks for us. :angryfire: I see posts in here about going out and using the #7 pick we got to draft a rookie WR to replace Moss. Wouldn't it have been better to keep the #1 WR in the world and use our huge cap to buy a quality LB???????????????????? Those of you who think Red is going to spend the cap for quality players are dreaming. He will spend the minimum and keep us with the biggest cap in the NFL in order to continue to try to sell the team for as much as he can squeeze out of it. For as long as Red is the owner of this team the fans will just have to bend over and grab their ankles till he is gone. :angryfire:

This was just a stupid greedy small minded move. :(

ItalianStallion
02-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Here are some thoughts,

1. Don't compare this to the TO trade, TO was a free agent and the 49ers were lucky his agent was retarded or they would have gotten nothing.

2. I don't think there were alot of offers giving us what Randy is worth, so the Vikings jumped the gun on the Raiders deal.

3.They better f*cking have some sort of plan to get Burress or Mason, or we get to see Burleson lined up against teams #1 corners all year long.

purplepat
02-24-2005, 07:32 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

RIGHT???!!!

What will you say if the Vikings do not sign a Muhammed, Burress, Mason, Coles?

Including the game Randy got hurt in, the Vikings went 4-1. They went 4-7 after that. In those first 4.5 games, Randy had 26 catches for almost 400 yards and 8 TDs. Those numbers are not easily replaced. Culpepper was on a pace to have the greatest season of any QB ever before Moss got hurt. While he'll still be great, whomever lines up opposite Burleson will not have the same impact on opposing defenses that Moss did.

The Vikings will not die as a result of this trade. I'm just not convinced that they are any better. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are worse. Getting Harris has not changed the need for the Vikings to go out and get some better defensive talent. Now they need a WR too.

bono
02-24-2005, 09:13 PM
"kill me!!"
You got it, lad!!!

VKG4LFE
02-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Bring it hillbilly boy!!

ndakvikefan
02-25-2005, 10:59 AM
RK you make nos sense. You mean the Raiders have enough talent on thier team??? Who is thier QB??? NO wide reciever on earth can carry a team by himself. A WR still needs a QB. That is why this is a team sport, no one man can carry any team. With the exception of QB ther is no man that can carry any team. The vikings could have gotten a much better player from the other teams but they did not think Moss was worth it.
The Jets have a good WR and a hall of fame RB and a good QB and an above average defense. Moss wouold not have to carry that team at all. They were in contention without thier QB alot of the year, without thier best defensive player at the end of the year. I would think that Moss would have put them over the top but for some reason they did not want him. The reason could not be a talent issue, or that the Vikings wanted too much based on what they got from Oakland. So what other reason is there except for the fact that he would be too much of a headache, especially playing in NY.

RK.
02-25-2005, 11:36 AM
"ndakvikefan" wrote:

RK you make nos sense. You mean the Raiders have enough talent on thier team??? Who is thier QB??? NO wide reciever on earth can carry a team by himself. A WR still needs a QB. That is why this is a team sport, no one man can carry any team. With the exception of QB ther is no man that can carry any team. The vikings could have gotten a much better player from the other teams but they did not think Moss was worth it.
The Jets have a good WR and a hall of fame RB and a good QB and an above average defense. Moss wouold not have to carry that team at all. They were in contention without thier QB alot of the year, without thier best defensive player at the end of the year. I would think that Moss would have put them over the top but for some reason they did not want him. The reason could not be a talent issue, or that the Vikings wanted too much based on what they got from Oakland. So what other reason is there except for the fact that he would be too much of a headache, especially playing in NY.

The players from other teams didn't come with a 2 million cap savings. Red took the deal not for the player from Oakland (obviously), he took it for the money. The other teams were being asked for more than they were willing to give up in terms of picks and players and loss of cap space. We are all speculating here since none of us know all the details. I suspect that the other teams felt they could not repair the damage from the deals being asked of them for Moss. Al Davis only has to find a LB and he had the cap space to absorb Moss. The only reason I can figure that Red traded was for the money. I think Al Davis knows where Reds mind set is (greed) and showed him how to make money.
It sure as hell wasn't for the team that we did this trade. I read that Tice and his front office opposed the deal. I suspect that the deals talked about with other teams didn't come with the money and the reduction in their caps from taking Moss would not have allowed them to repair the damage. They were being asked to come up with more players and picks. Its either that or Red is just trying to destroy the value of this team. I think he saw a chance to make money and took it. It should be obvious to everyone by now that Red doesn't give a crap about football or the Vikings going to the Super Bowl or anything like that. What he cares about in regards to this team is how much money he can squeeze out of it. :(

DemonicViking
02-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Their QB is Kerry Collins.. Think Moss can make him look good?

ndakvikefan
02-25-2005, 12:18 PM
I do agree with some of what you are saying RK except the timeing of the trade makes it all seem weird. Red obviously was not doing this for the money or the cap space since he pending league approval does not own the team.
Fowler had to have known about the trade or he would not have went through with it. As anal as this trade is in some people mind, saying it was for cap space is assanine. The team is already 12-14 million inder the cap ( I Believe not sure) but to trade away the leagues best reciever for 2 million in cap space is dumb. As for Oakland being able to make room for the cap hit, that is wrong also. The way I understand it is that the Vikings must absorb Moss's salary for next year against the cap. Red or whoever the owner is will not have to pay him the 7 million out of his pocket but the team still must take a 7 million dollar cap hit. Now whether Oakland must pay him the 7 million or whether they have to renegotiate a new contract with him, that I do not know. I am assuming since minnesota must take the 7 million cap hit, Oakland even if they have to pay the 7 million that it does not count against thier cap for next year.
As for DermonicViking, I know Kerry Collins is the Raiders QB. Yes Moss will make him look good. BUT BUT BUT what will Kerry Collins do when he sees Moss covered by the defenses #1 DB and a LB checking him at the line and a safety rolled over to Moss's side. Do you suppose any other QB in the league other than Duante has ever had to deal with that. Also how long does it take for Moss to throw a fit when he does not get the ball enough and quit. Because unlike the Vikings the Raiders have a legit #2 reciever in Jerry Porter, who by the way just signed a big contract. IMO that is another the team thought Moss had to go. Now that Burleson has emerged as a good reciever he would be getting alot more balls from Duante and that would leave Moss out and that would just create another situation for Moss to embarrass the team.

purplepat
02-25-2005, 12:26 PM
"ndakvikefan" wrote:

Now that Burleson has emerged as a good reciever he would be getting alot more balls from Duante and that would leave Moss out and that would just create another situation for Moss to embarrass the team.

Burleson has emerged as a good receiver in part because Randy Moss drew double and triple teams. Now, with Moss gone, who will be drawing those double teams?

I have faith that Burleson is a very good WR, but he's no Randy Moss. The Vikings will still be a good team offensively, but they will be nowhere near as explosive.

RK.
02-25-2005, 12:33 PM
I do agree with some of what you are saying RK except the timeing of the trade makes it all seem weird. Red obviously was not doing this for the money or the cap space since he pending league approval does not own the team.

Well my theory is that Red knows that the Fowler deal is going to fall through.

XTAP59
02-25-2005, 12:54 PM
"RK" wrote:

Heard fowler was upset about the Moss trade and that it changed the dynamics of the deal and he may walk away from it......
Back to Reds cheap little greedy hands.

VKG4LFE
02-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Taylor, Taylor!! We will be in good hands with him!!

RK.
02-25-2005, 02:22 PM
"XTAP59" wrote:

"RK" wrote:

Heard fowler was upset about the Moss trade and that it changed the dynamics of the deal and he may walk away from it......
Back to Reds cheap little greedy hands.

Makes you wonder if he traded Moss to kill the deal on purpose.

ultravikingfan
02-25-2005, 02:52 PM
"RK" wrote:

Thats is an interesting theory. I could buy into that.

Webby
02-25-2005, 02:58 PM
"purplepat" wrote:

"ndakvikefan" wrote:

Now that Burleson has emerged as a good reciever he would be getting alot more balls from Duante and that would leave Moss out and that would just create another situation for Moss to embarrass the team.

Burleson has emerged as a good receiver in part because Randy Moss drew double and triple teams. Now, with Moss gone, who will be drawing those double teams?

I have faith that Burleson is a very good WR, but he's no Randy Moss. The Vikings will still be a good team offensively, but they will be nowhere near as explosive.

Ahhh, he did well when Moss was gone. No excuses, he's a very good receiver...and will get more touches.

AngloVike
02-25-2005, 03:00 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"RK" wrote:

Thats is an interesting theory. I could buy into that.

Maybe realising that he may have to sell to Taylor now and so is performing a bit of asset stripping in order to try and make life bloody hard for Taylor ?

VKG4LFE
02-25-2005, 03:03 PM
He's probably stripping the team down a bit because of the "low" offer that Taylor put down for him!!

ultravikingfan
02-25-2005, 03:12 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

He's probably stripping the team down a bit because of the "low" offer that Taylor put down for him!!

Next thing you know, he'll be taking seats out of the Dome and selling them on eBay! :lol:

VKG4LFE
02-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Oooh oooh I'll buy one!! (If they are cheap enough, which I doubt they will be with Red selling them!!)

vikingsalltheway
02-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Im cheering for the raiders second to us too cause moss is there.

DemonicViking
02-25-2005, 10:17 PM
I think it'd depend who was sitting in those seats..