PDA

View Full Version : Bears vs Vikings moved to 3:15

FuadFan
11-11-2009, 09:32 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/69792502.html

Something to remember and plan for on our NOV 29 game.

Formo
11-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Dang.
Ok, I guess no big deal.

SKOL
11-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Nice.
Noon is too early.

AngloVike
11-12-2009, 02:19 AM
Works for me as it means there's more chance of Sky Sports showing it here, better to be watching on a TV screen than a laptop screen
;D ;D

Mark_The_Viking
11-12-2009, 06:03 AM
And me I stream it through NFL and my mate who pays for it is a redskins fan so would have missed it. Can now watch the Good and the Bad

Marrdro
11-12-2009, 09:17 AM
I hate it when they mess with schedules.

Every game needs to be on Sunday at 1:00 PM.
No Mondays, no Thurs, no Thanksgiving day etc etc etc.

Jilly
11-12-2009, 09:27 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I disagree. Nothing better than watching the Vikings on Thanksgiving day. BTW, how many years has it been since our last Thanksgiving day game...we should be due.

Zeus
11-12-2009, 09:41 AM
"VikingMD" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I disagree. Nothing better than watching the Vikings on Thanksgiving day. BTW, how many years has it been since our last Thanksgiving day game...we should be due.

Pretty sure it's been more than 5 years....let me look it up.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/thanksgiving.aspx

It was 2000 - Vikings 27, Cowboys 15.
Interesting that the Packers (led by Favre, obviously) have been on 3 times since then vs. the Lions.

Last Vikings-Lions Thanksgiving game was in 1995.

=Z=

Zeus
11-12-2009, 09:45 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Interesting that the Packers (led by Favre, obviously) have been on 3 times since then vs. the Lions.

Delving deeper - the Vikings have only played on Thanksgiving 6 times since their inception, with a record of 5-1 (2-1 vs. Detroit, 3-0 vs. the Cowboys).

1969 - Vikings 27, Detroit 0
1987 - Vikings 44, Cowboys 38 - I used to have a videotape of the end of this game.
Darrin Nelson won the game with a TD in OT.
1988 - Vikings 23, Detroit 0
1995 - Vikings 38, Detroit 44 (the only loss on Turkey Day)
1998 - Vikings 46, Cowboys 36 - Randy Moss with 3 50-yard+ TD receptions
2000 - Vikings 27, Cowboys 15

=Z=

NordicNed
11-12-2009, 09:50 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Delving deeper - the Vikings have only played on Thanksgiving 6 times since their inception, with a record of 5-1 (2-1 vs. Detroit, 3-0 vs. the Cowboys).

1969 - Vikings 27, Detroit 0
1987 - Vikings 44, Cowboys 38 - I used to have a videotape of the end of this game.
Darrin Nelson won the game with a TD in OT.
1988 - Vikings 23, Detroit 0
1995 - Vikings 38, Detroit 44 (the only loss on Turkey Day)
1998 - Vikings 46, Cowboys 36 - Randy Moss with 3 50-yard+ TD receptions
2000 - Vikings 27, Cowboys 15

=Z=

I'll always remember the "98" game....Turkey tasted extra good that year, with a side of Cowboy gravey.....LOL

Johnson14
11-12-2009, 09:56 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

Nice.
Noon is too early.

+1, works for me as it will give me more time to sleep off my hangover!
;D

rockymtdan
11-12-2009, 10:03 AM
This is good news for me. I talked the wife into making the trip from Colo. over the Thanksgiving week. I have not been to a game sense the Vikings @ mile high in 86(?)
Part of the deal is to go to the Mall of America Saturday or Monday. I have never been to the dome and dont really know were to start. Hotel?,light rail?, 6 tickets? Tailgating?
I have been lerking around here for a couple years and feel like I know alot of you.
I would greatly appreciate any advice any one here can offer.

marstc09
11-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Not good. Not sure if I will make this one now.

jargomcfargo
11-12-2009, 10:37 AM
"rockymtdan" wrote:

This is good news for me. I talked the wife into making the trip from Colo. over the Thanksgiving week. I have not been to a game sense the Vikings @ mile high in 86(?)
Part of the deal is to go to the Mall of America Saturday or Monday. I have never been to the dome and dont really know were to start. Hotel?,light rail?, 6 tickets? Tailgating?
I have been lerking around here for a couple years and feel like I know alot of you.

This would be a good place to stay. You can walk across the street to the Mall Of America and catch the light rail to the game there as well.
http://www.countryinns.com/bloomingtonmn

I have stayed there in the past and I know Nodak has as well. Not a bad place to stay and right next door to a resturant. Perkins I think.

In fact I'm bringing the old lady to that game and may be staying there myself.

The tailgating is real close to where the light rail stop at the dome.

Look forward to seeing you there.

molineviking
11-12-2009, 10:47 AM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"rockymtdan" wrote:

This would be a good place to stay. You can walk across the street to the Mall Of America and catch the light rail to the game there as well.

I have stayed there in the past and I know Nodak has as well. Not a bad place to stay and right next door to a resturant. Perkins I think.

This will be my first game in person since I was young (At the Met when I was 10) and I'm giddy as a school girl with anticipation, I think I might be a little nervous walking up to the PPO gazebo, Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Marrdro
11-12-2009, 11:46 AM
"VikingMD" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Never mess with the routine my friend.
Short weeks, early/late starts etc etc, mess with the routine.

Zeus
11-12-2009, 12:00 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Not good. Not sure if I will make this one now.

Let me know ASAP so I can see if I can move your tickets for you.

=Z=

V4L
11-12-2009, 12:11 PM
I like it

Sleep in and get prime and ready for the game!

rockymtdan
11-12-2009, 12:15 PM
"molineviking" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"rockymtdan" wrote:

This will be my first game in person since I was young (At the Met when I was 10) and I'm giddy as a school girl with anticipation, I think I might be a little nervous walking up to the PPO gazebo, Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks for the link. There was not any rooms left, got me a little concerned. I got a room at the Ramada. ;D
Giddy as a school girl! oooohh yaaa!!!!
Now to secure some ticket to the game.

jargomcfargo
11-12-2009, 01:52 PM
"rockymtdan" wrote:

"molineviking" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"rockymtdan" wrote:

Thanks for the link. There was not any rooms left, got me a little concerned. I got a room at the Ramada. ;D

Ramada at the Mall Of America?
I've stayed there as well. Not quite as nice, but it will do.
No resturant within walking distance, but they have one in the hotel that has a decent breakfast.
They have a shuttle bus to the Mall.
It drops you off the opposite side of the Mall from the light rail. From there it would be a bit of a walk to get to the train.
Maybe they also have a shuttle to the train, I've never asked.

sdfrenchy
11-12-2009, 02:57 PM
There is a train station inside the Mall of America. There is another a few blocks away.

PurplePackerEater
11-12-2009, 03:25 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Wow. I'm the opposite. I love all those games. I think Thursday games should be played all year like Monday night games.

More football to watch the better.

But then again, I'm not interested in watching any other sports.

jargomcfargo
11-12-2009, 04:18 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Wow. I'm the opposite. I love all those games. I think Thursday games should be played all year like Monday night games.

I love having NFL games to watch on Mondays,Thursdays, Saturdays and Thanksgiving as well.

I'm hoping the Bears realize an inconvenient truth, when they get gored tonight.

NodakPaul
11-12-2009, 04:20 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I love having NFL games to watch on Mondays,Thursdays, Saturdays and Thanksgiving as well.

I'm hoping the Bears realize an inconvenient truth, when they get gored tonight.

I love watching games 4 days out of 7.
I hate it when the Vikings have to play any game other than Sunday at noon. :)
Harder for me to get to the home games, and screws with the practice schedule for away games.

rockymtdan
11-12-2009, 04:36 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"rockymtdan" wrote:

"molineviking" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"rockymtdan" wrote:

No resturant within walking distance, but they have one in the hotel that has a decent breakfast.
It drops you off the opposite side of the Mall from the light rail. From there it would be a bit of a walk to get to the train.

Yes it is the Ramada
at the Mall Of America. The shuttle to the train would be great. No resturant near by is a bit of a bummer, but I will have my uncles truck so i will make it just fine.
Thanks for the info if anyone else has any helpful info you can also PM me. and I will come by and introduce myself and family at the PPO tent.

jargomcfargo
11-12-2009, 04:59 PM
"rockymtdan" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"rockymtdan" wrote:

"molineviking" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

Yes it is the Ramada
at the Mall Of America. The shuttle to the train would be great. No resturant near by is a bit of a bummer, but I will have my uncles truck so i will make it just fine.
Thanks for the info if anyone else has any helpful info you can also PM me. and I will come by and introduce myself and family at the PPO tent.

Plenty of resturants in the mall and around it. Just not a close walk from the hotel.
There will be plenty of Vikings fans around the hotel come game day.

Marrdro
11-12-2009, 10:21 PM

"Marrdro" wrote:

Oh don't get me wrong.
I love watching football every day its on.
Just don't like to see the Vikes routine messed up.
Let the other teams deal with the short weeks to prep but don't do it to the Vikes.

Garland Greene
11-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Well as long as Cutler throws 5 interceptions like he did tonight it should be a good game for us.

So far he has had 2 4 plus Int games when they have had a spotlight game

TARKenton
11-12-2009, 11:50 PM
^^^this. this. this. and this.

What a chump.
Granted, he doesnt have any targets outside of Forte and Olsen.
No matter.

BF had made winners out of Harvin and Rice so far. (Up your butt Jo-boo to the favre haters)

midgensa
11-12-2009, 11:55 PM
"TARKenton" wrote:

What a chump.
No matter.

BF had made winners out of Harvin and Rice so far. (Up your butt Jo-boo to the favre haters)

The no target excuse is just an excuse.

Good QBs don't throw Ints at the rate he does, period.

Cutler was a mistake for the Bears that will set them back for at least two more seasons. Good for us.

Purple Floyd
11-13-2009, 06:53 AM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Same here.

Actually I prefer the night games and the weekday games for the Vikings because it gives me the whole day to hunt on the weekend.

Schutz
11-13-2009, 07:00 AM
I enjoy the Vikings getting the 3:15 game.
More people get to enjoy the Vikings German Suplexing the Chicago Bears.

Marrdro
11-13-2009, 07:51 AM
"TARKenton" wrote:

What a chump.
No matter.

The "Haters" have been on thier best behavior based on orders from on high and you want to go and try to stir up a hornets nest.

My recommendation, let sleeping dogs lie.

Those dog might come out and say what a shame it is that a few chuckleheads are missing what is really going on.
They might just pop those chuckleheads bubbles by pointing out reality, and that reality might just be quite the opposite of a certain QB making someone looking good but rather, there is a strong possibility that the two of
exciting players pointed out by said chucklehead might be just making someone else look good.

Those dogs might just remind those chuckleheads that it isn't a coincidence or magic that is making a certain starting QB is having the best year he has ever had, at 40 fricken years old by the way.
They must might point out that there is a strong possibility that maybe, just maybe a team is making him look good and not the other way around.

Course, they might just opt to stay quiet, to keep the peace so to speak.
Depends on how many times someone wants to poke those dogs I guess.
My recommendation, again, let em lie.
::)

Marrdro
11-13-2009, 07:54 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Same here.

Actually I prefer the night games and the weekday games for the Vikings because it gives me the whole day to hunt on the weekend.

So its all about the fans ability to watch and not what is best for the team.
I see.
;)

Schutz
11-13-2009, 07:57 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"TARKenton" wrote:

What a chump.
No matter.

The "Haters" have been on thier best behavior based on orders from on high and you want to go and try to stir up a hornets nest.

Those dog might come out and say what a shame it is that a few chuckleheads are missing what is really going on.
They might just pop those chuckleheads bubbles by pointing out reality, and that reality might just be quite the opposite of a certain QB making someone looking good but rather, there is a strong possibility that the two of
exciting players pointed out by said chucklehead might be just making someone else look good.

Those dogs might just remind those chuckleheads that it isn't a coincidence or magic that is making a certain starting QB is having the best year he has ever had, at 40 fricken years old by the way.
They must might point out that there is a strong possibility that maybe, just maybe a team is making him look good and not the other way around.

Thank the good lord that ole noodle arm could be replaced by a any Joe Blow QB due to all that help.
Or it's Brett Favre adding something new to the offense and everybody is clicking......I'd probably go with the second one.

Prophet
11-13-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm concerned about this game, Cutler threw for >300 yds last night.
Oh wait, he threw for 5 picks and no TDs.

NodakPaul
11-13-2009, 08:04 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"TARKenton" wrote:

What a chump.
No matter.

And then there's the rational majority of us who aren't blinded by love or hate of a single player and realize that it is most likely a combination of the two views.
This is the best offense our current QB has ever been on, and they are helping him look good.
And this is the best QB our offense has ever had, and he is helping them look good.

But hey, if there are dogs blinded one way or another by irrational hate or love, that is their problem...

Marrdro
11-13-2009, 08:06 AM
"Schutz" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"TARKenton" wrote:

What a chump.
No matter.

Thank the good lord that ole noodle arm could be replaced by a any Joe Blow QB due to all that help.
Or it's Brett Favre adding something new to the offense and everybody is clicking......I'd probably go with the second one.

LOL, of course he adds something but it isn't like he found a elixir that made him "Better than ever".
Some credit should be given to the team.

All I'm saying as I curl back up on my rug and go back to sleep on this subject, before dots get handed out.
;)

Zeus
11-13-2009, 08:08 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

LOL, of course he adds something but it isn't like he found a elixir that made him "Better than ever".

All I'm saying as I curl back up on my rug and go back to sleep on this subject, before dots get handed out.

;)

Off-topic:
who hasn't been giving credit to Sid Rice, Percy Harvin, AD and the line?

On-topic:
I like the 3:15 start.
I don't have to get out of the house as early, during tailgating we can watch football and there's something for post-game celebrating in the dark.

=Z=

Marrdro
11-13-2009, 08:08 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"TARKenton" wrote:

What a chump.
No matter.

And then there's the rational majority of us who aren't blinded by love or hate of a single player and realize that it is most likely a combination of the two views.
This is the best offense our current QB has ever been on, and they are helping him look good.
And this is the best QB our offense has ever had, and he is helping them look good.

But hey, if there are dogs blinded one way or another by irrational hate or love, that is their problem...

http://static.desktopnexus.com/wallpapers/36669-bigthumbnail.jpg
;) ;) ;)

Marrdro
11-13-2009, 08:09 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;)

Off-topic:

On-topic:
I don't have to get out of the house as early, during tailgating we can watch football and there's something for post-game celebrating in the dark.

=Z=

So you lost track of the discussion that quick.
Re-read the quotes.
;)

Zeus
11-13-2009, 08:12 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;)

Off-topic:

On-topic:

Re-read the quotes.

;)

No.
I don't feel the need to be annoyed by stupid-ass pissing matches.
I prefer to dwell on 7-1.
Silly me.

On-topic:
And *anything* that raises the national profile of the Vikings is a good thing.

=Z=

Schutz
11-13-2009, 08:12 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;)

Off-topic:

On-topic:

Re-read the quotes.

;)

No.
I don't feel the need to be annoyed by stupid-jiggly butt pissing matches.
Silly me.

On-topic:

=Z=

Amen

Marrdro
11-13-2009, 08:14 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;)

Off-topic:

On-topic:

Re-read the quotes.

;)

No.
Silly me.

On-topic:

=Z=

LOL, and yet, you asked.......

On topic:........The Vikings have a great national profile.
Its the local profile that seems to be lacking...... ;)

Nice quote in a mag I get......

"It seems that the only person trying to keep the Vikings in MN is Zygi Wilf.".

VikingMike
11-13-2009, 08:17 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;)

Off-topic:

On-topic:

Re-read the quotes.

;)

No.
Silly me.

On-topic:

=Z=

Very true...I have so many people talking to me about the Vikings this year, and many of the games have been on in our local market.

Very sad statement.

Marrdro
11-13-2009, 08:20 AM
"VikingMike" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

;)

Off-topic:

On-topic:

Re-read the quotes.

;)

No.
Silly me.

On-topic:

=Z=

Very true...I have so many people talking to me about the Vikings this year, and many of the games have been on in our local market.

Very sad statement.

Its amazing to me how loveable the Vikes are, outside of MN.
Almost every chucklehead around here has dropped talking about the Deadskins and are now on the bandwagon cause of Percy.
;)

Purple Floyd
11-13-2009, 05:37 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;)

Off-topic:

On-topic:

Re-read the quotes.
;)

No.
Silly me.

On-topic:

=Z=

Very sad statement.

Almost every chucklehead around here has dropped talking about the Deadskins and are now on the bandwagon cause of Strong Armed Brett Favre.
;)

Same thing around here.

NordicNed
11-13-2009, 05:47 PM
I can also say that here in Connecticut, the Vikings name has been mentioned more than it usually is.
Many of my friends who cheer for other teams, have taken the time to comment on the Vikings to me, and almost every one has nothing but great things to say about our team.
Just today, a friend stopped by to see my new boat and one of the first things he mentioned was, it wouldn't suprise him at all, if we where to make the Super Bowl this year, and he's
a die-hard Cowboys fan......Nice to be recognized, espeicaly when well earned.

NN

FuadFan
11-13-2009, 08:43 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Never mess with the routine my friend.

Hey Marrdro are you aware that the Vikings game after Chicago when they go to Arizona is also on at 3:15 as well?

Kind of contradicting your statement here about messing with a routine.
;D

Marrdro
11-14-2009, 10:16 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

;)

Off-topic:

On-topic:

Re-read the quotes.

;)

No.
Silly me.

On-topic:

=Z=

Very sad statement.

Almost every chucklehead around here has dropped talking about the Deadskins and are now on the bandwagon cause of Strong Armed Brett Favre.

;)

Same thing around here.

Your a tricky tricky man my friend.
Its official, I'm keeping my eye on you from now on.
;)

Marrdro
11-14-2009, 10:20 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Never mess with the routine My Farvish Friend.

Hey Marrdro are you aware that the Vikings game after Chicago when they go to Arizona is also on at 3:15 as well?

;D

Ya lost me.
I don't want them to play any time but Sunday at 1:00 PM during the regular season.
Not sure how the late Cards game doesn't fall into that catagory.

My stance on this is based off of something I read, could have been a article or a book, anyway, it was by a player who said that they like to get into thier routine and don't like to get out of it.
Because most of thier games are at 1:00 (Noon for you MN cats) that is when thier bodies are conditioned to play.

Anything else is hard for them.

Long story short, is it good for fans who rely on national media coverage to see the team.
Sure, but the players don't like it.

Schutz
11-15-2009, 02:02 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Ya lost me.
I don't want them to play any time but Sunday at 1:00 PM during the regular season.

My stance on this is based off of something I read, could have been a article or a book, anyway, it was by a player who said that they like to get into thier routine and don't like to get out of it.
Because most of thier games are at 1:00 (Noon for you MN cats) that is when thier bodies are conditioned to play.

Long story short, is it good for fans who rely on national media coverage to see the team.

My stance was based off something, I don't know what it is, or the exact wording, or the context but it's probably from a book or something maybe I saw it on the bathroom stall I think.

Purple Floyd
11-15-2009, 07:56 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Ya lost me.

I also think we should lobby for not having any games away from the Metrodome. Do you realize how difficult it is to travel, not sleep with your favorite nookie blankie and then dress in a different locker room and play on a field you are not familiar with? That has to be hard on the team and I say it's time to fight for them to change it.

Marrdro
11-15-2009, 08:09 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

;D

Ya lost me.

I also think we should lobby for not having any games away from the Metrodome. Do you realize how difficult it is to travel, not sleep with your favorite nookie blankie and then dress in a different locker room and play on a field you are not familiar with? That has to be hard on the team and I say it's time to fight for them to change it.

I hear ya My Farvish Friend, however, its more about the time than the location.
;)

Long story short, my concern is for wins and the team, most on here just worry about if they get to see the team or not.
For those, I say, go buy the NFL Ticket.
;)

Purple Floyd
11-15-2009, 08:40 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Ya lost me.

I hear ya My Farvish Friend, however, its more about the time than the location.
;)

Long story short, my concern is for wins and the team, most on here just worry about if they get to see the team or not.
For those, I say, go buy the NFL Ticket.
;)

Check. And I raise you one DVR ;D

molineviking
11-15-2009, 10:14 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Very good point, I think we would do a lot better just staying in the Dome every week, Why haven't the big wigs figured this out yet? Plus 16 tailgate drunk fest get togethers, You're on to something here UDV ;D