Lions @ Home
Seahawks @ Home
Bears @ Home
Cardinals @ Arizona
Bengals@ Home
Panthers @ Carolina
Bears @ Chicago
Giants @ Home

This is favorable to us because 5 of the next 8 are at home.
Not to mention the last game with a win would give us great Playoff momentum.

I do not think we will win all 8.
Although I would love to, I think we lose 2 of these.
We SHOULD win all 8, but we could never be that lucky.

I do not know which 2 we will lose, but there are 2.
13-3 is a very good record that will give us Home field throughout the Playoffs.

Skol!

VikingLance
11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

We play:

Lions @ Home
Seahawks @ Home
Bears @ Home
Cardinals @ Arizona
Bengals@ Home
Panthers @ Carolina
Bears @ Chicago
Giants @ Home

13-3 is a very good record that will give us Home field throughout the Playoffs.

Skol!

I agree we shouldn't lose any.
Having said that, I'm gonna pick a loss to the Giants @ home, because we will have home field advantage locked up and resting our starters.

kevoncox
11-01-2009, 08:20 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

We play:

Lions @ Home
Seahawks @ Home
Bears @ Home
Cardinals @ Arizona
Bengals@ Home
Panthers @ Carolina
Bears @ Chicago
Giants @ Home

Skol!

I terrible at this. I predicted us at 7-9 remember?

ThorSPL
11-01-2009, 08:29 PM
I went 6-2; I don't think 13-3 is a lock for home field given the saints are undefeated currently; that being said I do not know their 2nd half schedule.

midgensa
11-01-2009, 08:41 PM
I say we lose at Arizona because we have no business losing it and it will wake us up a little.

We win ALL 7 other games and get to 14-2. I think the Saints actually lose @ Atlanta and to the Patriots and Cowboys ... finishing 13-3. I know, a lot of people are solid on them, but I still think they are very beatable.

ThorSPL
11-01-2009, 08:43 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

I say we lose at Arizona because we have no business losing it and it will wake us up a little.

We win ALL 7 other games and get to 14-2. I think the Saints actually lose @ Atlanta and to the Patriots and Cowboys ... finishing 13-3. I know, a lot of people are solid on them, but I still think they are very beatable.

I agree they are beatable!
Just want em to start losing here...

ultravikingfan
11-01-2009, 09:03 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

We play:

Lions @ Home
Seahawks @ Home
Bears @ Home
Cardinals @ Arizona
Bengals@ Home
Panthers @ Carolina
Bears @ Chicago
Giants @ Home

Skol!

You dope!
:D

ultravikingfan
11-01-2009, 09:04 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:

I went 6-2; I don't think 13-3 is a lock for home field given the saints are undefeated currently; that being said I do not know their 2nd half schedule.

Ok, home field until the NFC Championship.

However, I feel the Saints are overrated and have never been high on that team at all.

carta4eva
11-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Although the Saints are overated, I really think they lose only one game (at Atlanta) for all their tough games are at home... that being said if that scenario should unfold and the Vikes win out... which I have predicted our 15-1 is >>>>>>>>> than their 15-1 because we would have a better conference record... we shall see however... lets just hopes it doesn't come down to point differential... the saints are blowing away their opponents while we should be as well... but the soft defenses are allowing the gaps in games to be narrowed
>:(.... I am not too upset however, because if they are saving their 3 COMPLETE games for the playoffs, then the purple faithful should be very, very excited!

jmcdon00
11-01-2009, 09:37 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

We play:

Lions @ Home
Seahawks @ Home
Bears @ Home
Cardinals @ Arizona
Bengals@ Home
Panthers @ Carolina
Bears @ Chicago
Giants @ Home

Skol!

It's still a possiblility.
:-X

CTvike89
11-01-2009, 09:54 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

We play:

Lions @ Home
Seahawks @ Home
Bears @ Home
Cardinals @ Arizona
Bengals@ Home
Panthers @ Carolina
Bears @ Chicago
Giants @ Home

Skol!

See, I think its more realistic that we lose in Arizona, split with the bears, who are fairly underrated this year, and the Giants is a toss up and really depends on who is better at closing out the year.
this includes health issues etc.
i think its completely possible for the Vikes to go 7-1 with a loss to either the G-Men or Cards, but i think its realistic to say we might lose 3.

It is just as possible that the saints drop 3 games (pats, cowboys, and falcons). So if the Saints drop a game early enough in the second half, for the Vikes, that might be enough motivation to get their game in playoff condition.
Our defense, as posted by many people, needs to stop going to sleep once they have a "comfortable" lead.

I also expect to see more from Taylor, and Rice, I would say that Harvin should also improve, but given his surprise in the first half this year, who knows what we'll see

midgensa
11-01-2009, 10:02 PM
"CTvike89" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

We play:

Lions @ Home
Seahawks @ Home
Bears @ Home
Cardinals @ Arizona
Bengals@ Home
Panthers @ Carolina
Bears @ Chicago
Giants @ Home

Skol!

See, I think its more realistic that we lose in Arizona, split with the bears, who are fairly underrated this year, and the Giants is a toss up and really depends on who is better at closing out the year.
this includes health issues etc.
i think its completely possible for the Vikes to go 7-1 with a loss to either the G-Men or Cards, but i think its realistic to say we might lose 3.

It is just as possible that the saints drop 3 games (pats, cowboys, and falcons). So if the Saints drop a game early enough in the second half, for the Vikes, that might be enough motivation to get their game in playoff condition.
Our defense, as posted by many people, needs to stop going to sleep once they have a "comfortable" lead.

I also expect to see more from Taylor, and Rice, I would say that Harvin should also improve, but given his surprise in the first half this year, who knows what we'll see

Uh ... welcome aboard

V4L
11-01-2009, 10:10 PM
We lose two

13-3 ill take it

Everything bad about Favre.. I TAKE BACK..

Bars92
11-01-2009, 10:15 PM
All are winnable games. Arizona away is maybe the toughest and Chicago is never easy at home. I see this team cruising now until the playoffs. The only teams i'm fearing could stop the Vikes are the Saints and the Eagles.

CTvike89
11-01-2009, 10:38 PM
The Eagles I feel are a distant second... maybe. I mean look at the Giants, the Falcons, and even the Cards.
Obviously the Saints are the top challenger, but it could be any of these teams

V4L
11-01-2009, 10:48 PM
I think after today we showed we are a top team in the NFC

Saints and Vikes top 2

In the playoffs never know.. HOPE vikes own

SharperImage42
11-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Could we honestly sweep the league awards this year?

1.) Brett Favre/Jared Allen- MVP
2.) Jared Allen- Defensive MVP
3.) Rookie of the Year- Percy Harvin
4.) Comeback Player- Sidney Rice(but won't happen because of Benson, but that category is not really prestigious)
5.) Coach of the Year- Brad Childress

I mean without Brett we are easily 3-5 right now so doesn't that mean he is the Most Valuable?

i_bleed_purple
11-02-2009, 01:14 AM
"B-Twice87" wrote:

4.) Comeback Player- Sidney Rice(but won't happen because of Benson, but that category is not really prestigious)

I mean without Brett we are easily 3-5 right now so doesn't that mean he is the Most Valuable?

Jared Allen certainly won't be MVP, offense gets all the love there.

However, If the Vikings do extremely well for the rest of the season, I could see Favre taking the MVP, Allen has a shot at DMVP.
Comeback player won't be Rice, because he's so young, he's really not "coming back".
Benson would probably get this.
Childress could very well win coach of the year, although I have a feeling that Josh Daniels might get that.

TrojanVike28
11-02-2009, 01:25 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"B-Twice87" wrote:

However, If the Vikings do extremely well for the rest of the season, I could see Favre taking the MVP, Allen has a shot at DMVP.
Comeback player won't be Rice, because he's so young, he's really not "coming back".
Childress could very well win coach of the year, although I have a feeling that Josh Daniels might get that.

I think the MVP could go to Favre only if we keep winning games and he keeps putting up these types of numbers. Otherwise, it could go to Drew Brees or Peyton Manning. The comeback player of the year could be Benson, but I think Tom Brady will end up getting it. Don't forget he was hurt all of last year. Rookie of the year is no question Percy Harvin, Sanchez has fallen off. Defensive Rookie of the year will go to Jarius Byrd for Buffalo, that's three straight games with 2 picks. Defensive MVP is a toss up between Jared Allen or Darren Sharper. Sharp has been amazing this year. But I really don't care about individual awards, all I care about is that Lombardi trophy in February. It would be nice seeing some Vikings taking in some hardware, though. Let's go for the ring and then any thing after that is a plus!

Formo
11-02-2009, 01:30 AM
"TrojanVike28" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"B-Twice87" wrote:

I think the MVP could go to Favre only if we keep winning games and he keeps putting up these types of numbers. Otherwise, it could go to Drew Brees or Peyton Manning. The comeback player of the year could be Benson, but I think Tom Brady will end up getting it. Don't forget he was hurt all of last year. Rookie of the year is no question Percy Harvin, Sanchez has fallen off. Defensive Rookie of the year will go to Jarius Byrd for Buffalo, that's three straight games with 2 picks. Defensive MVP is a toss up between Jared Allen or Darren Sharper. Sharp has been amazing this year. But I really don't care about individual awards, all I care about is that Lombardi trophy in February. It would be nice seeing some Vikings taking in some hardware, though. Let's go for the ring and then any thing after that is a plus!

Yes.

oaklandzoo24
11-02-2009, 01:43 AM
I don't really think Chilly will win Coach of the Year.
I think anyone is going to have a hard time beating out McDaniels if the Broncos win the Division after all that debacle that occurred in Denver.
Or possibly Caldwell who has the colts going undefeated thus far.

SharperImage42
11-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Well Broncos are probably not going to win their division, I don't know why but I'M STILL not a believer in them, and same with the Colts, I think the Colts have had a really easy schedule thus far, or at least nothing too challenging. I just hope we somehow beat down the bears twice also, that would really make my **** hard. LMAO

Yah, we need to take Brian Robison off the special teams if we want to win the Lombardi trophy this year

i_bleed_purple
11-02-2009, 02:02 AM
"B-Twice87" wrote:

Yah, we need to take Brian Robison off the special teams if we want to win the Lombardi trophy this year

Or just tell him Linemen should never try and return kicks.

SharperImage42
11-02-2009, 02:08 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"B-Twice87" wrote:

Or just tell him Linemen should never try and return kicks.

Isn't that too easy though? Lol

mad-dog_six-eight
11-02-2009, 02:09 AM
Is it possible we win out?
honestly, hear me out here.

week 10: Detroit Lions - the lions are a non-issue again this year, they could barely play a good game against the St. Louis Rams. and they still lost by a touchdown. we win by at least 2 touchdowns.

week 11: Seattle Seahawks - They have won 2 games and aren't doing too well. we win by at least a touchdown.

week 12: Chicago Bears - the bears are without Urlacher for the whole year but seem to be doing somewhat alright. i honestly think the vikings are more mature and Favre is obviously a much better quarterback than Cutler. Closer game than we think and we win by a touchdown or less.

week 13: Arizona Cardinals - the last few times we have played them we have beat them, i'm sure we all remember last years game, especially those who support T-Jack. this competition continues trend and the vikings win by two touchdowns

week 14: Cincinnati Bengals - This could be a tricky one. when the Bengals are healthy, they are a good team, especially with Benson doing so well recently.
we win by a field goal.

week 15: Carolina Panthers - this is gonna be a sunday night game. though its in December and outdoors, it will be in North Carolina so the weather should not be too cold. by then, winfield will be back and the depth of the secondary will be more experienced and with Jake Delhome leading the league in interceptions, antione will probably grab a few, not to mention Jared Allen will be a major factor.

week 16: Chicago Bears - this game will be in Chicago and on December 28th so its very safe to say there will be snow on the ground. the vikings have a better running game than the bears hands down, considering chester taylor is better than matt forte, and Brett Favre has played in a whole heck of a lot of cold and snowy games. we win by a touchdown.

week 17: New York Giants - This could end up being a bigger game for the Giants than the Vikings. the Giants could be desperately fighting for a division or wildcard win so it could be lights out. but i do know that Eli Manning is not Peyton Manning. this game is in the dome and depending on if Chilly is resting the starters, could be an easy win for the Vikes. the Giants started this season as a powerhouse but they have been torn apart in their last couple games. the vikes win by more than a touchdown.

please correct me in anything you think i'm over thinking or under thinking. i think its a high possibility for the vikes to win out if they keep playing the way they have, they might need to step it up a little bit.

SharperImage42
11-02-2009, 02:12 AM
"mad-dog_six-eight" wrote:

week 10: Detroit Lions - the lions are a non-issue again this year, they could barely play a good game against the St. Louis Rams. and they still lost by a touchdown. we win by at least 2 touchdowns.

week 11: Seattle Seahawks - They have won 2 games and aren't doing too well. we win by at least a touchdown.

week 12: Chicago Bears - the bears are without Urlacher for the whole year but seem to be doing somewhat alright. i honestly think the vikings are more mature and Favre is obviously a much better quarterback than Cutler. Closer game than we think and we win by a touchdown or less.

week 13: Arizona Cardinals - the last few times we have played them we have beat them, i'm sure we all remember last years game, especially those who support T-Jack. this competition continues trend and the vikings win by two touchdowns

week 14: Cincinnati Bengals - This could be a tricky one. when the Bengals are healthy, they are a good team, especially with Benson doing so well recently.
we win by a field goal.

week 15: Carolina Panthers - this is gonna be a sunday night game. though its in December and outdoors, it will be in North Carolina so the weather should not be too cold. by then, winfield will be back and the depth of the secondary will be more experienced and with Jake Delhome leading the league in interceptions, antione will probably grab a few, not to mention Jared Allen will be a major factor.

week 16: Chicago Bears - this game will be in Chicago and on December 28th so its very safe to say there will be snow on the ground. the vikings have a better running game than the bears hands down, considering chester taylor is better than matt forte, and Brett Favre has played in a whole heck of a lot of cold and snowy games. we win by a touchdown.

week 17: New York Giants - This could end up being a bigger game for the Giants than the Vikings. the Giants could be desperately fighting for a division or wildcard win so it could be lights out. but i do know that Eli Manning is not Peyton Manning. this game is in the dome and depending on if Chilly is resting the starters, could be an easy win for the Vikes. the Giants started this season as a powerhouse but they have been torn apart in their last couple games. the vikes win by more than a touchdown.

please correct me in anything you think i'm over thinking or under thinking. i think its a high possibility for the vikes to win out if they keep playing the way they have, they might need to step it up a little bit.

Yes I agree with you on everything except I think we might drop one against the Cardinals/Bengals both of them are weird teams. And I think we could lose against either the Bears once or the Giants(because our guys will be resting).

13-3 sounds about right.

mad-dog_six-eight
11-02-2009, 02:17 AM
"B-Twice87" wrote:

"mad-dog_six-eight" wrote:

we win by a field goal.

Yes I agree with you on everything except I think we might drop one against the Cardinals/Bengals both of them are weird teams. And I think we could lose against either the Bears once or the Giants(because our guys will be resting).

13-3 sounds about right.

dont get me wrong, 13-3 would be amazing and i dont expect the vikings to win out. but i do think its a high possibility. i wouldn't be surprised if they lost to any of those teams, heck, anyone can have a bad day. thats why they play the game. this is turning out to be a very fun vikings team to watch. skol vikings.

erik5032
11-02-2009, 02:19 AM
I think we will split with the Bears. THe game we will lose to the Bears will be the one at Soldier Field. Favre doesn't do as well in the cold. Hopefully if we don't get homefield advantage, New Orleans does lol.

oaklandzoo24
11-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Kind of hoping for a 14-2 season as opposed to 15-1.
Don't wanna go into the playoffs with 1998 paranoia.

Marrdro
11-02-2009, 08:21 AM
And I get laughed at for trying to guess who is gonna pick who in the 7th round of a mock draft....... ;D

JK, Love these things........

Let me caveat all of these picks with one thing, I think we had problems on defense before Whinny went down.
Getting him back will not solve world hunger.

Lions @ Home - This team seems to have our number (even though we win) of late.
A division rival that appears to know that we are the one to beat in the division and they play like it against us.
With only one viable target, I don't worry about this one. WIN

Seahawks @ Home - If ever there was a team that needed to look at thier medical and physical training staff this is the one.
Injuries continue to keep what should be a decent team very unpredictable.
Able to light it up in the air if all the pieces are on the field, but that running game of has beens worries no one.
In the end, healthy or not, because they don't have a viable running game, our front four handles that and gets pressure allowing the LB's to help get pressure as well as help with TE's/Short slants.
WIN

Bears @ Home - Love the move to get a "Franchise QB", but as alot of us said, he doesn't have a team around him.
The OL sucks (who said Pace was still good), they have no WR's, and that Defense is still as old as the hills (who said it was still good).
Still, all in all, we've seen Hester burn us on ST's and in the passing game.
A poor showing by our Secondary could be problems.
In the end, that RT (Bust draft pick) and the old man (Pace) let them down and our boys in and that defense lets AD set another single game rushing record.
WIN

Cardinals @ Arizona - Before yesteray I probably would have sided with the Cards to get revenge here.
Another inconsistent team that is hard to figure out.
All in all, thier passing game scares the crap out of me.
LOSS

Bengals@ Home - The loss of Odom is huge but Cedric sure has helped that offense.
Not sure if I will be able to put up with my Bengals fan bud the whole way home if the Vikes loose.
WIN

Panthers @ Carolina - Call it a gut reaction but this game scared me when I saw the schedule and it still scares me even after the way they've played this year.
On the road, on grass,......Wait a minute, wait a minute, that was when the last regime was in charge.
Silly me.
This team won't have anything to play for but pride and judging by the way they've shut down, I don't think much of that is there.
WIN

Bears @ Chicago - See my earlier comments.
Might be a good opportunity to get some of the 2's and 3's some reps like we did against the rams.
Starters start and we watch our backups beat thier starters in the second half.
WIN

Giants @ Home - 13-2 should be enough to garner home field advantage.
We get to see our scrubs in on this one as a warm up for the backups going into the playoffs.
Just like with the Rams, we find out that our backups are better than thier starters. WIN

As to the Saints being overated.
Not sure how some of you rate football skills but that team is far from overated.
Do they take another path to success?
Sure they do, but I suspect that as the season wears on you will see them get more balanced and more dangerous.

Right now, they and the Colts are the only teams I think we can't beat.
::)

Mark_The_Viking
11-02-2009, 09:03 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

And I get laughed at for trying to guess who is gonna pick who in the 7th round of a mock draft....... ;D

JK, Love these things........

Let me caveat all of these picks with one thing, I think we had problems on defense before Whinny went down.

Getting him back will not solve world hunger.

Lions @ Home - This team seems to have our number (even though we win) of late.
A division rival that appears to know that we are the one to beat in the division and they play like it against us.
With only one viable target, I don't worry about this one. WIN Agree

Seahawks @ Home - If ever there was a team that needed to look at thier medical and physical training staff this is the one.
Injuries continue to keep what should be a decent team very unpredictable.
Able to light it up in the air if all the pieces are on the field, but that running game of has beens worries no one.
In the end, healthy or not, because they don't have a viable running game, our front four handles that and gets pressure allowing the LB's to help get pressure as well as help with TE's/Short slants.
WINAgree

Bears @ Home - Love the move to get a "Franchise QB", but as alot of us said, he doesn't have a team around him.
The OL sucks (who said Pace was still good), they have no WR's, and that Defense is still as old as the hills (who said it was still good).
Still, all in all, we've seen Hester burn us on ST's and in the passing game.
A poor showing by our Secondary could be problems.
In the end, that RT (Bust draft pick) and the old man (Pace) let them down and our boys in and that defense lets AD set another single game rushing record.
WINAgree

Cardinals @ Arizona - Before yesteray I probably would have sided with the Cards to get revenge here.
Another inconsistent team that is hard to figure out.
All in all, thier passing game scares the crap out of me.
LOSSAgree

Bengals@ Home - The loss of Odom is huge but Cedric sure has helped that offense.
Not sure if I will be able to put up with my Bengals fan bud the whole way home if the Vikes loose.
WINNot so sure about this one, they do have the ability to knock teams off with big plays and down dirty in the trenches stuff, could be our big upset Loss

Panthers @ Carolina - Call it a gut reaction but this game scared me when I saw the schedule and it still scares me even after the way they've played this year.
On the road, on grass,......Wait a minute, wait a minute, that was when the last regime was in charge.
Silly me.
This team won't have anything to play for but pride and judging by the way they've shut down, I don't think much of that is there.
WIN They performed well yesterday and that has restored a bit of can do in Carolina, this one will be close but we will win through

Bears @ Chicago - See my earlier comments.
Might be a good opportunity to get some of the 2's and 3's some reps like we did against the rams.
Starters start and we watch our backups beat thier starters in the second half.
WINLoss, outside in the freezing cold at soldier field, they will be playing for a wildcard and that makes them dangerous.

Giants @ Home - 13-2 should be enough to garner home field advantage.
We get to see our scrubs in on this one as a warm up for the backups going into the playoffs.
Just like with the Rams, we find out that our backups are better than thier starters. WIN Would have put this down as a loss at the beginning of the season but they appear to have imploded, recieving core has gone awol and we should be able to restrict the running game but a bit much to assume we can stop it. Win

As to the Saints being overated.
Not sure how some of you rate football skills but that team is far from overated.
Do they take another path to success?
Sure they do, but I suspect that as the season wears on you will see them get more balanced and more dangerous.

Right now, they and the Colts are the only teams I think we can't beat.

::)

Saints I agree, I think we can beat the Colts