PDA

View Full Version : Favre makes most of his autonomy in Vikings' offense

singersp
10-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Favre makes most of his autonomy in Vikings' offense (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_13630085?)

Marrdro
10-25-2009, 01:00 PM
They did a nice breakdown on this on NFLN today.

Showed the RB's he has worked with and talked about how he always had to carry a team.
First team that he doesn't which in turn makes him take far less risks with the ball.
Increased completion rate and fewer INT's.

Makes sense to me.

::)

i_bleed_purple
10-25-2009, 01:01 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Showed the RB's he has worked with and talked about how he always had to carry a team.
First team that he doesn't which in turn makes him take far less risks with the ball.

Makes sense to me.

Marr.... If i'm not mistaken, it sure sounds like you're warming up to "the ol' noodlearm"

The Dropper
10-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Here's what I'm wondering:

When we were on the goaline against the Steelers today, and it's first and inches, was it Favre's or Bevell's decision to pass on second and third down?

Passing on second I'm fine with, because you can maybe catch the D off guard. But passing on third and inches when you have Adrian Peterson, Steve Hutchinson, and Bryant McKinnie is madness.

battleaxe4cheese
10-25-2009, 05:10 PM
"The" wrote:

When we were on the goaline against the Steelers today, and it's first and inches, was it Favre's or Bevell's decision to pass on second and third down?

Passing on second I'm fine with, because you can maybe catch the D off guard. But passing on third and inches when you have Adrian Peterson, Steve Hutchinson, and Bryant McKinnie is madness.

I don't know if it's madness. I mean how many times did AP get stopped for a loss today? Or basically no gain? A lot is the answer. I guess it's a double edged sword could go either way.

i_bleed_purple
10-25-2009, 05:12 PM
"battleaxe4cheese" wrote:

"The" wrote:

I don't know if it's madness. I mean how many times did AP get stopped for a loss today? Or basically no gain? A lot is the answer. I guess it's a double edged sword could go either way.

aside from the first quarter and at the goal line, not very often.

Marrdro
10-25-2009, 05:47 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Makes sense to me.

Marr.... If i'm not mistaken, it sure sounds like you're warming up to "the ol' noodlearm"

Nope, not even in the slightest.