PDA

View Full Version : Expect less than ideal field conditions Sunday

ChicagoSteel
10-23-2009, 10:01 AM
The middle of Heinz Field was re-sodded after the Browns game, it's been raining, and the Pitt Panthers play there Saturday.
How do you think this could affect the Vikings, who haven't played outside since opening day in perfect conditions?

Hopefully the equipment manager brings a full array of cleat lengths.
The Steeler players even swap them out at times during a game because of changes in the footing.

Zeus
10-23-2009, 10:10 AM
"ChicagoSteel" wrote:

The middle of Heinz Field was re-sodded after the Browns game, it's been raining, and the Pitt Panthers play there Saturday.

How do you think this could affect the Vikings, who haven't played outside since opening day in perfect conditions?

The Steeler players even swap them out at times during a game because of changes in the footing.

My honest opinion is that that probably helps the Vikings as they have a decent rushing attack if passing becomes too difficult in the muck.
The Steelers are fairly unbalanced in that respect, although Mendenhall's emergence has made them better in that respect lately.

=Z=

marstc09
10-23-2009, 10:20 AM
I actually am not too worried about this game. If we win, we look bad ass. Winning against the defending Super Bowl champs in Pitt would be impressive. I just want to see them play well. No slop or mistakes. If we lose it is no big deal in my book. I would rather be healthy and ready for the Pack. To answer your question, I believe we have a better rushing attack so that plays in our favor. If it is resodded then your players will have to adjust to it. This also plays in our favor. Hopefully Ben will throw some of those picks our way in the rain.

BloodyHorns82
10-23-2009, 10:21 AM
"ChicagoSteel" wrote:

Should only make the game more interesting.
I can't wait for Sunday.
My opinion would be that this will likely only help the Steelers.
I don't' see it playing a huge impact on the game either way though.

Ranger
10-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Poor field conditions can neuter the pass rush, though.
I guess it works that way for both teams, but the stand up OLBs in a 3-4 would seem to have the advantage over a DE coming out of his stance from having a hand on the ground.

Braddock
10-23-2009, 10:30 AM
IF we win this game, I think it is reasonable to claim GB, Det, Sea games as prospective wins, leading up to a match-up with the Bears, where, in all reality, a win will secure the NFCN for us.

That's IF we win this game and Chicago goes 3-3 or even 4-2.

battleaxe4cheese
10-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Last time I checked Vikings don't care about the weather, they punish, pillage and pound into dust in any conditions on any battlefield.
>:(

Ranger
10-23-2009, 10:38 AM
"Braddock" wrote:

IF we win this game, I think it is reasonable to claim GB, Det, Sea games as prospective wins, leading up to a match-up with the Bears, where, in all reality, a win will secure the NFCN for us.

Hell, I'm not even thinking about the division yet.
We've got to beat the Steelers.
Rest assured, we WILL lose this year, and this is shaping up to be the perfect storm of a game to go against us.
A win here would help the team's confidence tremendously, though.

tastywaves
10-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Shitty field conditions will make it that much harder for our secondary.
Might be a good game to go +3 in the TO battle.

ChicagoSteel
10-23-2009, 11:06 AM
So do you guys miss (or even remember) games outside in Minnesota?
I grew up watching that in the 70s - great, great football.
I remember the first time I saw a game on TV played in the Metrodome I remember thinking "that is not Viking football".

Still get chills when I see NFL Films footage of Eller and Page getting down in a 3-pt stance in muddy uniforms, foggy breath coming through the face masks.

green hornet
10-23-2009, 11:37 AM
After losing this week to pitt and next week to gb, I think the vikings will be scrambling to answer questions going into their bye week.

"Braddock" wrote:

Marrdro
10-23-2009, 11:42 AM
"green" wrote:

After losing this week to pitt and next week to gb, I think the vikings will be scrambling to answer questions going into their bye week.

"Braddock" wrote:

Not to get this off track to far, how desparate are you guys, what was that stellar signing at RB you made? \

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
;)

marstc09
10-23-2009, 11:46 AM
"green" wrote:

Scrambling?! Stick to selling your tickets. Losses on the road are not going to crush us. 6-2 is nothing to cry or get worried about especially with our Pro Bowl corner out.
::)

marstc09
10-23-2009, 11:47 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"green" wrote:

"Braddock" wrote:

Not to get this off track to far, how desparate are you guys, what was that stellar signing at RB you made? \

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

;)

LMFAO! I was laughing so hard when they signed him.

Marrdro
10-23-2009, 11:48 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"green" wrote:

"Braddock" wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

;)

LMFAO! I was laughing so hard when they signed him.

SNICKER.......Maybe he beefed up enough to play T or G.
;D

ultravikingfan
10-23-2009, 02:23 PM
The Steelers have the worst field in the NFL...period.

They let too many other teams use the field.

V4L
10-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Hein sucks

Im not too worried even tho we are a dome team

I still expect a great game

BloodyHorns82
10-23-2009, 04:55 PM
"green" wrote:

"Braddock" wrote:

After whooping up on the lowly
Lions last week the Packers fans regained the confidence that was stripped away by the Vikings eh?
Good to know...good to know.

Let me guess, you're going to force 5 Favre INTs just like all the Packer fans were predicting the first matchup right?
::)