PDA

View Full Version : Percy's injury

gamecock_fo_life
10-19-2009, 12:46 AM
anybody know what happened to him? i mean i watched the game and saw him get hit and all that, but has anything come out about it yet?

i_bleed_purple
10-19-2009, 01:04 AM
"gamecock_fo_life" wrote:

anybody know what happened to him? i mean i watched the game and saw him get hit and all that, but has anything come out about it yet?

aparantly he was in a sling after the game, but wouldn't comment.
the way he was holding his arm, limp and close to his body isn't good.
I'm no doctor, but its possible he separated his shoulder, hope its not a full dislocation though.

singersp
10-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Vikings' Harvin re-injures shoulder (http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2009/oct/18/bc-fbn-vikings-harvinms-_-sports-300-words/?sports&nfl)

By Judd Zulgad
Star Tribune (Minneapolis)

(MCT)

MINNEAPOLIS — Minnesota Vikings rookie wide receiver Percy Harvin left the Metrodome with his left arm in a sling Sunday after re-injuring his left shoulder on a fourth-quarter kickoff return.

V4L
10-19-2009, 03:30 PM
No different then last week really

jargomcfargo
10-19-2009, 04:14 PM
"V4L" wrote:

No different then last week really

We don't know that yet. Here is what Childress said, ""I think he nicked that same shoulder," coach Brad Childress said. "He's a tough guy. They X-rayed it, and there is nothing extra in there. (It's) just uncomfortable."

An xray won't give us the lowdown on most shoulder injuries. MRI would be a better test to determine the extent of injury.

Mr Anderson
10-19-2009, 04:15 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I'm no doctor, but its possible he separated his shoulder, hope its not a full dislocation though.

Dislocation and separation are different injuries.

In a dislocation the humerus pops out of place. A separation is damage to the ligaments which attach the clavicle to the scapula(shoulder blade).

jargomcfargo
10-19-2009, 04:33 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

In a dislocation the humerus pops out of place. A separation is damage to the ligaments which attach the clavicle to the scapula(shoulder blade).

Good post Mr.A.

Dislocations can be posterior or anterior. Most are anterior and can include a bankhart tear, which leads to an unstable joint. Kind of like the Mel Gibson movies where the humeral head will sublux or dislocate forward. Usually happens when your arm is elevated and pushed backwards.
AC separations are graded 1 to 4. Grade 3 is pretty bad. Grade 4 will always put you out for awhile.

Shoulder injuries are slow in healing and usually will bother someone all season long to some degree.
Hopefully Harvin's injury isn't serious.
There are also other possibilities, such as rotator cuff tear.

V4L
10-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Is he scheduled to have an MRI?

I haven't seen anything yet

Mr Anderson
10-19-2009, 11:04 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Good post Mr.A.

Dislocations can be posterior or anterior. Most are anterior and can include a bankhart tear, which leads to an unstable joint. Kind of like the Mel Gibson movies where the humeral head will sublux or dislocate forward. Usually happens when your arm is elevated and pushed backwards.
AC separations are graded 1 to 4. Grade 3 is pretty bad. Grade 4 will always put you out for awhile.

Shoulder injuries are slow in healing and usually will bother someone all season long to some degree.

Thank you for the compliment followed by the total upstaging lol

I believe Allen was playing with a grade 3 for most of last year.

ThorSPL
10-19-2009, 11:15 PM
"V4L" wrote:

Is he scheduled to have an MRI?

I haven't seen anything yet

I would guess he's gotten it thoroughly taken looked at (MRI) by now, but we may not hear about it for a bit.

GreenBaySlackers
10-19-2009, 11:34 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Good post Mr.A.

Haha, raise your hand if you got that reference?
:P

i_bleed_purple
10-20-2009, 12:16 AM
"Mr" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

yes, I know that, I've done dislocations multiple times, which Is why I hope it was not a dislocation.
Separations are easier to come back from than dislocations normally.
In the NFL, Dislocations will almost always require surgery, separations, depending on how bad won't.

Sajid28
10-20-2009, 12:48 AM
if he has to sit out sundays game its understandable as long as he will be back for packers game which is a more important game