PDA

View Full Version : Gameball of week 6

HEY
10-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Who was the most valuable player of the Vikings in the super exciting match against the Baltimor Ravens in week 6, 2009?

This season has had a ton of exciting games and we are not even halfway through the season. This game almost gave me an heart attack. It's so scary when it comes down to one play like it did.

SharperImage
10-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Rice played like a man today. Defense played awesome first half, then had a brain fart in the second.

Rice hats off, Peterson hats off, and Favre hats off.

marstc09
10-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Favre and Rice

Jilly
10-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Hauschka

Purple Floyd
10-18-2009, 04:54 PM
I give it to the goal post for being just a little too thin.

KrackerJack
10-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Rice, hands down.

i_bleed_purple
10-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Seriously, we shouldn't be in the position to give gameballs, but A wins a win, so gameball goes to rice.

HEY
10-18-2009, 04:58 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

I give it to the goal post for being just a little too thin.

LOL good one!
I think Chad Greenway played like a beast. He was a surefire tackler all day and never missed a single tackle.
On offense, Favre and Adrian performed as we know they can, but Sidney Rice really impressed. Breakout game for Sidney Rice perhaps...

vikinggreg
10-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Can we give it to the fans that went quiet in the dome and later start booing...they can stuff it in their boo hole ;)

Really though Rice for his big game

Freya
10-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Rice.

Favre would be a close second................ OMG! **runs to go rinse mouth out**

CCthebest
10-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Hauschka, put him on the poll

VikingMike
10-18-2009, 05:17 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Hauschka, put him on the poll

True, true and true.

carta4eva
10-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Kevin Williams... he was in freak mode today, and the prevent defense in the 4th almost ruined his outstanding effort... Sidney has come into his own in year 3 that's for sure... and let's not forget 28, he contributed just a bit
;)

CulpepperViking16
10-18-2009, 05:27 PM
FAVRE!!!
I could argue for hours on this, lol, but he basically made our receivers look like gem draft picks

soonerbornNbred
10-18-2009, 05:39 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

Can we give it to the fans that went quiet in the dome and later start booing...they can stuff it in their boo hole ;)

+1

marshallvike
10-18-2009, 05:45 PM
"CulpepperViking16" wrote:

FAVRE!!!
I could argue for hours on this, lol, but he basically made our receivers look like gem draft picks

our receivers made some fantastic catches

oaklandzoo24
10-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Seems like our WRs are playing harder with Favre.
I think they know that the wont be able to just turn around and know tjack can be the scapegoat.

Johnson14
10-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Rice got my vote, he was a monster today.

i_bleed_purple
10-18-2009, 06:44 PM

FAVRE!!!

tbh, the receivers bailed him out a few times.
The first catch to Rice was behind him, and the first TD to Shank was a little off, easily droppable, Shank barely caught it.
Don't get me wrong, he played a great game, but I pick Rice for the gameball here.

Purple Floyd
10-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Rice for sure.

He had 170 or so receiving yards against the Ravens and a few of the catches were fantastic, as others stated. He is really emerging as the guy I hoped he would be when we drafted him.

El Vikingo
10-18-2009, 08:00 PM
K. Collins

Yfz01
10-18-2009, 08:02 PM
"carta4eva" wrote:

Kevin Williams... he was in freak mode today, and the prevent defense in the 4th almost ruined his outstanding effort... Sidney has come into his own in year 3 that's for sure... and let's not forget 28, he contributed just a bit
;)

Glad somebody else noticed.
There was no shutting down Kevin Williams.
He gets the gameball.

i_bleed_purple
10-18-2009, 08:02 PM
why is Ced Griffin on the list?
He stunk it up today.

Yfz01
10-18-2009, 08:03 PM

FAVRE!!!

Did you see the first two catches by Sidney Rice?? Yeah, might want to rethink that statement a little bit.

gregair13
10-18-2009, 08:07 PM
I think by default is goes to Favre. He was the only one who was good throughout the game. First half was the entire D and especially Allen. But they got smoked in the second half on back to back drives, so Favre.

PurplePeopleEaters69
10-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Favre and Rice.
Sidney is turning into a beast!

i_bleed_purple
10-18-2009, 08:12 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

I think by default is goes to Favre. He was the only one who was good throughout the game. First half was the entire D and especially Allen. But they got smoked in the second half on back to back drives, so Favre.

what about Rice?
He was making clutch plays all game long.

BRANflakes69
10-18-2009, 08:19 PM
what about longwell? what if he wouldve missed those feild goals?? GOD THE VIKES SECONDARY HAS BEEN SCARING ME LATLEY!

i_bleed_purple
10-18-2009, 08:21 PM
"BRANflakes69" wrote:

what about longwell? what if he wouldve missed those feild goals?? GOD THE VIKES SECONDARY HAS BEEN SCARING ME LATLEY!

Longwell is expected to make those kicks.
We didn't have any real long ones.
If he missed any of those it would be unexcusable.
If he missed a 55 yarder or something, thats a little more understandable.
Rice isn't expected to haul in 178 yards, but he went up and beyond expectations.

jkjuggalo
10-18-2009, 08:27 PM
No doubt it should be Rice.

He looked like a mini-Fitz out there today.

BRANflakes69
10-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Understandable.......Rice had an outstanding game.......maybe the game ball should go to the ravens kicker.

gamecocksbaseball31
10-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Favre is making our WR's look very good.
Rice is finally playing up to his potential with a competent quarterback.
It's great seeing what can happen with Favre under center.
Gotta give the game ball to Favre though.
Rice made some great plays... But either way we would have had the ball there with the interference calls.
Keep on keepin' on Sid.

ejmat
10-18-2009, 11:40 PM
I give the game ball to Sidney Rice.
He made a great catch on the one ball behind him.
Favre a close second.
Shiancoe and Peterson had a great game as well.
Thank the good lord that Houska had no accuracy in preseason.
He has a big leg but terrible accuracy.
I'm glad he was on the Ravens today.

echizen20
10-19-2009, 12:00 AM
I would have to say it goes to Brett Favre and Rice.

CulpepperViking16
10-19-2009, 12:11 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

FAVRE!!!

The first catch to Rice was behind him, and the first TD to Shank was a little off, easily droppable, Shank barely caught it.
Don't get me wrong, he played a great game, but I pick Rice for the gameball here.

Don't get me wrong...our receivers were great! Not just one, but all of them. I go to applebees every sunday and can't afford to miss a play since it's not local TV down here in Atlanta, but didn't we have all of these receivers last year with T-Jack and Frerotte? They didn't make this big of an impact, and I accredit the QB with the new success of our receiving core. Favre seemed to throw some off passes, but he put them where the receiver can make a play. he did it on purpose so they weren't piccked off. When the receiver was wide open he put it in their hands no problem, but with coverage you have to sometimes put it in front of the receiver and let them make the play. Sidney Rice was a stud though....almost resembled some guy named Randy Moss for a glipmse

i_bleed_purple
10-19-2009, 12:15 AM

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

FAVRE!!!

Don't get me wrong...our receivers were great! Not just one, but all of them. I go to applebees every sunday and can't afford to miss a play since it's not local TV down here in Atlanta, but didn't we have all of these receivers last year with T-Jack and Frerotte? They didn't make this big of an impact, and I accredit the QB with the new success of our receiving core. Favre seemed to throw some off passes, but he put them where the receiver can make a play. he did it on purpose so they weren't piccked off. When the receiver was wide open he put it in their hands no problem, but with coverage you have to sometimes put it in front of the receiver and let them make the play. Sidney Rice was a stud though....almost resembled some guy named Randy Moss for a glipmse

well, thats the thing about young NFL players they keep getting better.
Last season Tj's passes were much more off, and Sid was hurt, and just not as good.
He's really picked up his game huge.

gamecock_fo_life
10-19-2009, 12:18 AM
u kno who i voted for....SIDNEY RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i_bleed_purple
10-19-2009, 12:21 AM
"gamecock_fo_life" wrote:

u kno who i voted for....SIDNEY RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any luck on finding a Rice jersey?

gamecock_fo_life
10-19-2009, 12:43 AM
no, i'm still looking....i want one more and more every week

bigfattty
10-19-2009, 07:04 AM
I dont think I could give one ball away after that game, I guess Rice would have to get it for making some great catches.
But on the last drive when BF saw the D and called off the run play and threw the sandlot play to rice was also key.
The entire team brain fart in the forth might make me keep it till next week.

Marrdro
10-19-2009, 07:09 AM
"bigfattty" wrote:

I dont think I could give one ball away after that game, I guess Rice would have to get it for making some great catches.
But on the last drive when BF saw the D and called off the run play and threw the sandlot play to rice was also key.
The entire team brain fart in the forth might make me keep it till next week.

El Syd has to be tops on the list I think, if for no other reason than to poke the cats on here that were ready to toss him aside last year and the year before.

Come to think of it, I could also lump Shanc in there for the same reason.
Chuckleheads that were hacking on him should be flogged as well.

Makes me chuckle when I watch the yutz's in the "Post game" thread hacking on Paymah.
;D